X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Season Thread: PART II

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
    i agree, we had almost 5 full sections BU not quite 4 full. Same deal last year
    I noticed on both nights the fanboys were outnumbered by both BC and NU students on the first Monday and BC students again outnumbered them this Monday. Kind of shocking. The camera shots of them revealed a lot of them wearing *gasp* tshirts too! Face paint and sequin pieces were also down this year. We're in a fanboy recession.

Of course they still claim they are better fans but we can let them win something this year, right?
    Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
    The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
      I noticed on both nights the fanboys were outnumbered by both BC and NU students on the first Monday and BC students again outnumbered them this Monday. Kind of shocking. The camera shots of them revealed a lot of them wearing *gasp* tshirts too! Face paint and sequin pieces were also down this year. We're in a fanboy recession.

Of course they still claim they are better fans but we can let them win something this year, right?
      i was only there first monday... but both sides were half full on the top level. all the sidelines sections were 3/4 empty on bu's side early, then again bc's late. very noticeable.
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
        all the sidelines sections were 3/4 empty on bu's side early, then again bc's late. very noticeable.
        I wonder why they were empty late in the BC/NU game...

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
          I wonder why they were empty late in the BC/NU game...

first period...

bu was the 'early' game.
          bc was the 'late' game (for anyone who doesn't follow along )
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Speaking of early and late...I think Harvard should be rewarded for their consolation game triumph. Give me BC-Harvard in the late game next year.

Comment

Speaking of early and late...I think Harvard should be rewarded for their consolation game triumph. Give me BC-Harvard in the late game next year.
              Agreed.

FWIW we were the 5:00 last time we played them in the Beanpot.

Harvard had nearly 60 PIMs

Comment

Ha and that was with ECAC refs. Some of the penalties from that game:

HAR-4 Louis Leblanc (2-GRASPING THE FACEMASK) 20:00
                BC-2 Cam Atkinson (2-GRASPING THE FACEMASK) 20:00

HAR-5 Michael Del Mauro (2-HANDLING PUCK WITH HANDS) 11:05
                BC-3 Jimmy Hayes (2-HANDLING PUCK WITH HANDS) 11:05

How is that even possible?

HAR-14 Ryan Grimshaw (10-Misconduct)
                HAR-15 Luke Greiner (10-Misconduct)
                HAR-17 Daniel Moriarty (10-Misconduct)

All three of those came within 2-3 minutes of game action.

Comment

HAR-14 Ryan Grimshaw (10-Misconduct)
                  HAR-15 Luke Greiner (10-Misconduct)
                  HAR-17 Daniel Moriarty (10-Misconduct)

All three of those came within 2-3 minutes of game action.
                  Anyone recall what happened there?

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
                    Anyone recall what happened there?
                    I think they all got 10s for giving the refs an earful after being called for minors...I do not remember the closing the hand on the puck or whatever called on two players at the same time.

Comment

I'm not sure about this, but this year's Harvard class, might have been the first in Beanpot history to have played in the early game for all 8 games.

I think it's a little unfair that they played in the early game every first Monday. Of course, if you keep losing, maybe you shouldn't be under the spotlight.

Comment

Originally posted by Boston22 View Post
                        I'm not sure about this, but this year's Harvard class, might have been the first in Beanpot history to have played in the early game for all 8 games.

I think it's a little unfair that they played in the early game every first Monday. Of course, if you keep losing, maybe you shouldn't be under the spotlight.
                        Sorta feel bad for the kids but it's not only losing but no one shows either. Say they put BC-Harvard in the night slot (which I want) it'll be all BC people whereas if they put BU-NU in the nightcap at least there would be 2 fanbases represented.

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
                          Sorta feel bad for the kids but it's not only losing but no one shows either. .
                          i get that but really, why feel bad? none of them do....... too bad. it was better when they cared.....

Comment

It was posted prior to the Beanpot (in either the Beanpot or the BU thread), that the late game for opening night is picked based on what games will get better ratings... in recent years that means Harvard and whoever is playing Harvard will get the early game.

Comment

Alright boys York goes for #900 in a big weekend series against the mack attack.

Scoring first will be huge, force Merrimack to open up a little bit.

Comment

This team has come a long way since being down 3-2 to UNH at home late in the 3rd...a long, long way. To be honest, I was absolutely doubting them--and who wouldn't after all the talent they lost? Things seem to be falling into place for them to at least have a chance down the stretch here. Can't ask for much more than that. Kudos to York and staff for keeping it together.

We're entering the best part of the hockey season (post Beanpot win of course )...this is as pumped as I've been all year to go to a game. Should be a great crowd and a great atmosphere.

Comment

Working...
                                X