X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Season Thread: PART II

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
    the question is............how much of that has to do with the state of the BB program vs the emergence of the hockey program..............finally

I greatly respect your opinion and enjoy reading all of your posts but while he has done some good things for BC at this moment in time, GDF MUST go............. IMO, it's imperative
    GDF must go, I agree. Time BC be rid of him before more harm is done. Who cares about his legacy? No one but him.
    NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Congratulations on winning the Beanpot.
      Originally posted by alfablue
      Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
      Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
      I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

I greatly respect your opinion and enjoy reading all of your posts but while he has done some good things for BC at this moment in time, GDF MUST go............. IMO, it's imperative
        Oh, I'm not even saying that he shouldn't go...I'm just saying it's unfair to call his tenure at BC a failure.

Originally posted by RENCEB View Post
        Geez, as an MC fan, I was hoping for a post Beanpot letdown, and then you post this. So much for that theory.
        Was curious, so I looked it up. Here are BC's results in games immediately following a Beanpot win:

2001: 3-2 W at home against UNH (unbelievable 3rd period comeback...Conte going wild)
        2004: 5-2 W at UMass
        2008: L 3-1 vs. UML
        2010: L 4-1 at UML
        2011: T 7-7 vs. NU

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
          2001: 3-2 W at home against UNH (unbelievable 3rd period comeback...Conte going wild)
          Yes! Ty Chokelin strikes again!

Very emotional win there on the GWG by Marty Hughes.
          Originally posted by reBlur
          the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Oh, I'm not even saying that he shouldn't go...I'm just saying it's unfair to call his tenure at BC a failure.
            fair enough......we have become a national power in soccer

Comment

fair enough......we have become a national power in soccer
              and Sailing.
              sigpicHalf of what he says goes way over my head. The other half goes way, way over my head."

Comment

Gene will be ok in my mind because he was able to get us out of that dogsh*t Big East and into the ACC -it is absolutely hilarious to watch sUeConn die on the vine and their president lift her skirt for anyone to no avail. His ego has absolutely destroyed the football program. Notice how there were no BU football chants? It's cause our football program is more embarrassing. Basketball will be fine with Donahue, since Skinner loaded up on one class (the UML model) it was inevitably going to suffer once they graduated and that was only accelerated by Reggie going to the NBA.

Just stay the f away from York.

It's time for him to go though.
                Last edited by claver2010; 02-15-2012, 08:01 AM.

Comment

Was just wondering yesterday... does anyone think York sticks around long enough to get 1,000 wins?
                  Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                  Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                  Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Gene sux.
                    Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                    The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                      Was just wondering yesterday... does anyone think York sticks around long enough to get 1,000 wins?
                      yes i do, that's 4 more years (hopefully) and as long as he is healthy ,i think he'll stick around, not because he wants 1000 but because he loves what he is doing........

Comment

That's the key. Whenever you hear players asked about him, they talk about his positive attitude/energy level and that he truly loves every aspect of it. Now, that's only part of it. You can love it, but if you're not sharp...it's time to go. Clearly, he still has it.

Comment

How long York sticks around was a talking point on the broadcast Friday night (hilarious because Milbury was one of the announcers). They came to the conclusion that it could be a while for several reasons:
                          A) He absolutely loves doing it
                          B) Not a ton of travel associated.

Honestly I have no idea, you could throw out any year and I could see it as plausible.

Comment

When does Kelly Rink become York Rink or Kelly-York Rink?

Comment

When does Kelly Rink become York Rink or Kelly-York Rink?
                              oh, man........in lieu of that, get a statue made and put it in front of Conte, like Flutie's in front of Alumni. that'll work but i bet Jerry would want no part of it

Comment

• Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                                oh, man........in lieu of that, get a statue made and put it in front of Conte, like Flutie's in front of Alumni. that'll work but i bet Jerry would want no part of it
                                He really wouldn't. Couldn't believe he wouldn't let the school retire his number. The guy is a deity.

I don't care where it is or how many attempts it takes him, I will be at win #1,000.
                                Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                                Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                                Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Working...
                                X