partisan hockey?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• partisan hockey?

Advertisements promoting partisan nonsense and funded by anonymous fat cats and super PACs now confront users at this site. There are already enough scoundrels following college hockey without bringing in the pros. Enough. Get rid of them.

Re: partisan hockey?

This makes no sense, so here's some Daft Punk.

Comment

This site has advertising on it?
      “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by Osorojo View Post
        Advertisements promoting partisan nonsense and funded by anonymous fat cats and super PACs now confront users at this site. There are already enough scoundrels following college hockey without bringing in the pros. Enough. Get rid of them.
        Advertisements on the site are provided by advertising aggregators, the largest of which is Google AdSense. They use your browsing, geographic and demographic profile to present ads they think are relevant to you. Apparently your profile suggests that you prefer ads "promoting partisan nonsense and funded by anonymous fat cats and super PACs."

Comment

**********http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/54/suit_facepalm.jpg************
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Residual from last night or did you start drinking early this morining?
            "My greatest achievement."
            Dirty on getting me suspended from USCHO.

I'm not an alcoholic! I'm an independent beer taster for Anheuser Busch.

Happy~Smelling like a warm turd sandwich since 11/15/07.

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
              This site has advertising on it?
              Not everyone subscribes to Extra.

Plus, the advertising is based upon a Google formula meant to target what you normally search for. There was a recent Fark link to it.

https://www.google.com/settings/ads/onweb

Apparently on this computer, I'm a 50-year-old male.

Comment

So why am I getting ads for Philipino Singles and Meth Addiction?

They've got me pegged!

Comment

Computers & Electronics - Software - Operating Systems - Windows OS
                  - Shopping - Apparel
                  - Sports - Team Sports - Hockey
                  - World Localities - North America - USA
                  - World Localities - North America - USA - Midwest (USA) - Michigan
                  - World Localities - North America - USA - Midwest (USA) - Michigan - Detroit

Me: 22 year old male from Detroit (living in Indiana). They've got me pegged. Google knows all.

Comment

Somehow, liking the stock market and logic/puzzle games makes me 50.

Your categories
                    Below you can review the interests and inferred demographics that Google has associated with your cookie. You can remove or edit these at any time.
                    Computers & Electronics - Software - Software Utilities
                    Finance
                    Games - Puzzles & Brainteasers
                    News - Sports News
                    Shopping
                    Sports - College Sports
                    Sports - Team Sports - Hockey
                    World Localities - North America - USA - Mid-Atlantic (USA) - New York State
                    World Localities - North America - USA - Mid-Atlantic (USA) - New York State - Albany-Capital District

Your demographics
                    We infer your age and gender based on the websites you've visited. You can remove or edit these at any time.

Comment

There is a fatal flaw in Google's paradigm judging from the candidates who appear in the ads I'm shown. I don't think any of you are immune from this foolishness. Get ready for ten months of more of the same. BTW: Does Google dictate which ads and products USCHO must present?

Comment

Computers & Electronics - Computer Hardware
                        Internet & Telecom - Service Providers
                        Internet & Telecom - Teleconferencing
                        Reference - Directories & Listings - Business & Personal Listings
                        Reference - Geographic Reference
                        Shopping - Apparel
                        Sports - College Sports
                        Sports - Team Sports - American Football
                        Travel - Air Travel
                        World Localities - North America - USA - Midwest (USA) - Ohio
                        World Localities - North America - USA - Midwest (USA) - Ohio - Columbus (OH)

Wow, google does know all. They have me pegged, too ... 45-54 year old male.

Comment

Originally posted by Osorojo View Post
                          There is a fatal flaw in Google's paradigm judging from the candidates who appear in the ads I'm shown. I don't think any of you are immune from this foolishness. Get ready for ten months of more of the same. BTW: Does Google dictate which ads and products USCHO must present?
                          If you have such a big problem with it, purchase USCHO Extra. Problem solved.

Comment

I never knew you could look up how it sees you. Apparently Google thinks I'm 25-34.

I may like Google a little more now.

Comment

Did this on my home computer and my work computer.

Work computer: thinks I like business, energy & utilities, renewable & alternative energy. Age: 55-64
                              Home computer: thinks I like hockey and video games. Age: 25-34
                              #OneKnight

Comment

Working...
                              X