DU @ UAA - Opposite Directions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DU @ UAA - Opposite Directions

Two teams heading in opposite directions are facing off here. Denver has won five of their last six, their lone blunder being a 3-2 loss to Alabama-Huntsville. Meanwhile, UAA has been struggling mightily, as they have lost five straight with their last win coming way back in December when they stole a 6-3 decision from Colorado College.

Stats/Comparisons

UAA has 9 points with a 3-14-1 WCHA record, while Denver has 19 points with a 8-5-3 record.

UAA has scored 37 goals and allowed 73 in 18 WCHA games, while Denver has scored 56 goals and allowed 50 in 16 games of WCHA. For UAA, that's 2.05 goals per game and 4.05 goals against per game, meanwhile, for Denver, that's 3.5 goals per game and 3.12 goals against per game.

The big story here is regarding UAA top scorer Jordan Kwas (academically ineligible) and goalie Rob Gunderson (unknown). If they are playing tonight, their chances of picking up two points on the weekend are much improved.

GO 'WOLVES!
    Go 'Wolves!

Re: DU @ UAA - Opposite Directions

Ok I thought this was made real clear:

Kwas is academically ineligible meaning he's out the rest of the semester i.e. season.

Gunderson is able to play. He was disciplined for returning late from the break and missed the road trip.
    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Oh and * DU.
      U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
      Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
      I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
      But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
      Originally posted by Doyle Woody
      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
        Ok I thought this was made real clear:

Kwas is academically ineligible meaning he's out the rest of the semester i.e. season.

Gunderson is able to play. He was disciplined for returning late from the break and missed the road trip.
        Oh, OK, thanks for clearing that up. I didn't know much about the academic ineligibility thing. Thanks.
        Go 'Wolves!

Comment

If past history is any guide, DU sweeps 3-2 & 2-1 in two ugly games.

Comment

Go 'Wolves.

That is all.
            “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

DU will need to get scoring from the Shores, Zucker, LaLeggia and most recently Ty Loney to put UAA back on their heels. If they get going UAA will be hard pressed to get a win this weekend.
              GO DU !!!

Comment

Game Day!

Live webcast
                Last edited by vizoroo; 01-27-2012, 09:53 AM.
                GO DU !!!

Comment

This team has been so hot and cold this season that I never know which team to expect every night. This weekend is also Parent's Weekend so hopefully the guys will play two full 60 minute games since their families will be in the stands. There's a few promotions going on for Saturday's game. First 500 people in the door on Saturday get chuck-a-pucks for a chance to win some great prizes. Check out the banner link on Goseawolves.com for more information.

Comment

Originally posted by UAA Seawolves Fan View Post
                    This team has been so hot and cold this season that I never know which team to expect every night.
                    Which team are you talking about?
                    Go Pioneers!

Comment

DU lines posted on Score Update thread.

Top 2 lines the same as last week. Drew Shore and freshman Ty Loney (Salazar on the other wing) have developed some good chemistry since Christmas and Zucker-Nick Shore-Knowlton were involved in all the goals last Saturday, I think. Dewhurst moves up to the 3rd line with Ostrow and Jackson. One of Jay's favorite names, Larkin Jacobson will be on the 4th line with Matt Tabrum and D'animal Olszewski. Looking forward to 2 big bodies, Ryder and Didier, teaming up on D. Hometown boy, Adam Murray, starts in goal.
                      GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
                        czar will be demoted if he doesn't start scoring
                        Originally posted by co14ers View Post
                        has adam "the sieve" murray ever made a game changing hard save in his inillustrious career? (and just because stickney had an orgasm over that save doesn't qualify)
                        Originally posted by ronmexico View Post
                        i have two words for the murray haters, that means you old p1ss...

And those two words are ..... SUCK IT!!!!

Comment

DU will have to play better defensively to keep the winning streak going. UAA had some grade A chances that they didn't convert. The wolves will be back tonight.

Please note the Goal Czar started scoring with the threat of demotion hanging over hs head
                          GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by MagnessMan View Post
                            Dusty not being a leader.
                            Originally posted by MagnessMan View Post
                            Time to pull Sam?

The boys have two words for ya!

DU wins 6-3.

Comment

Donald's "doable sweep" didn't quite work out for you hacks...

Comment

Working...
                              X