Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UMaine - 2011-2012 Season Thread (cont) - Beating Back the Internuts ?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMaine - 2011-2012 Season Thread (cont) - Beating Back the Internuts ?

Ben Bishop is now a member of the Ottawa Senators. One year deal. We'll have greater opportunity to see him play now. Good luck Bish, unless you're playing the B's.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post

That TUC cliff is absurd; there is no way in the world any team should drop 8 spots one night, then gain back 5 of them the next, all based on what two (currently) irrelevant sub-.500 teams do with each other... Especially not with the sample-size being as large as it is right now. TUC has always been a superfluous criterion, but now it's become a complete joke, IMO.

(Comments from PWR experts might be enlightening... Priceless?)
      absurd or not, it is the system that is in place.
      and YET AGAIN, Tim, in all his wisdom split with NU, like he did with UMass... keeping NU and UMass as TUCs
      if they were not TUCs, Maine's record against TUCs would be 6-8, as it is, they are 10-10.
      if PC makes it back into the ranks of the TUCs Maine's record will be 12-11... and, as I was saying when UMass dropped out and Maine sunk to 14th... that will flip a lot of comparisons.

so... lucky for Maine that beating UNH will not drop the Mildcats out, so Timmy is sure to win at home against them... heh heh heh

and asking some people for relevant comments is kinda like asking for a mountain to be moved because you prayed for it... it COULD happen, but I'm not holding my breath (or my wise cracks)

Comment

Originally posted by BobF View Post
        So that is the effort Maine needs from here on out, some real pretty goals tonight, Abbott's feed to Diamond for the PPG was a thing of beauty, guess blind squirrel fins a nut every once in awhile eh Tyler! !!
        I agree and I commented on his 5 good passes.
        he had 1 good one the night before and one really lucky one... that is not the number of good passes a hobey winner makes in a night.
        he also had the puck knocked off his stick about 8 times on Friday night by big slow defensemen who were not fooled by the toe drag.
        I hope he keeps it up.

wanna see a hobey pass?
        watch the last goal of the DU UND game from last night.... THAT was a great pass

Comment

How many other great passes did that guy make in the game?
          What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by TylerDurden View Post
            I agree and I commented on his 5 good passes.
            he had 1 good one the night before and one really lucky one... that is not the number of good passes a hobey winner makes in a night.
            he also had the puck knocked off his stick about 8 times on Friday night by big slow defensemen who were not fooled by the toe drag.
            I hope he keeps it up.

wanna see a hobey pass?
            watch the last goal of the DU UND game from last night.... THAT was a great pass
            Yup, Kristo to Nelson, beautiful, sotta like Abbott to Diamond.

Comment

Teddy Purcell had 3 assists today
              I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by Pucknut View Post
                Yup, Kristo to Nelson, beautiful, sotta like Abbott to Diamond.
                yup kinda
                but Kristo didn't put it behind the unaware defenseman, on the ice.. he saucered it over the stick of the dman who was "preventing"
                the pass, and landed it on the ice JUST in time for Nelson to get off a one timer.... a little different

Comment

Originally posted by TylerDurden
                  not enough to be a hobey finalist, but enough to be a great player in the AHL, or an ok one in the NHL.
                  Kristo will play in the NHL. He won't be a Parise or a Toews (or even a Stafford for that matter), but he'll play full seasons, and I would guess put up somewhere around 10-25-35 type numbers. Obviously, he may play a year or so in the AHL when he leaves college (most likely after this season), but the majority of his career will be played with the big boys.
                  North Dakota
                  National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                    Teddy Purcell had 3 assists today
                    purcell could pass

Comment

Originally posted by TylerDurden
                      yeah, he had a pretty good coach in college... someone who thought it would be a good idea to have him skate his lane and pass from the strong side to the weak side... to get the goalie to move, at least a little.
                      purcell could pass
                      Using a know it all's logic, like Kristo, Purcell must've had a pretty good coach in college too.
                      Last edited by FiveHole12; 02-26-2012, 08:24 PM.
                      'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

yup kinda
                        but Kristo didn't put it behind the unaware defenseman, on the ice.. he saucered it over the stick of the dman who was "preventing"
                        the pass, and landed it on the ice JUST in time for Nelson to get off a one timer.... a little different
                        Is this the new KIA account since he has been banned?? unaware d man?? go watch the vid the Dman is looking at him the whole time. 1 good pass, I don't know what games you watch.

Also glad to hear Purcell has a big game!!

I guess it is also safe to say that Abbott has won the HE scoring title, being up 11 points with 1 to go. The NCAA title is coming down to the wire.
                        Last edited by Sweeper; 02-26-2012, 10:12 PM.

Comment

just seen these great videos posted on the Maine Video Channel, great job by whoever made them.....

Abbott For Hobey
                          http://vimeo.com/37263487
                          Flynn for Hobey
                          http://vimeo.com/37394599

Comment

don't know if this was mentioned earlier, but bishop was dealt to ottawa and as a part of the deal, he signed a one year extension...

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                              I enjoy reading Sarah Smileys articles in the paper every Monday, her husband is deployed and she is having guests in every week to keep her kids distracted?? not sure if thats the right word. Last week it was a couple of players and Tim. Nice Showing by Kyle and Nick, something her kids will remember for along time

http://bangordailynews.com/2012/02/2...family-dinner/
                              That was nice link.

My own dad was an Air Force "Lifer" (31 years), and he was away about half the time I was growing up, including during two dangerous tours in Vietnam. We never knew from minute-to-minute if he still lived or not way back then when I was a little boy, and the body-counts were mounting daily on the TV news... That is some very unsettling s*!t to try to digest, when your father might be among the dead.

HUGE thumbs-up to Nick and Kyle for stepping in as big-brothers. Unless you've been in that situation as a kid, there is no way in the world you can realize how much that is appreciated. I still remember other Airmen who stepped-in and took me and brother to ball games, etc, talked-up my father's mission, and were generally in my corner if I needed anything. I won't forget their kindness until the day I die.

Hockey is not life... Life is life. Sometimes I forget that on this thread.

Thanks for the reminder, Wally.
                              Last edited by Fishman'81; 02-27-2012, 01:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                                Using a know it all's logic, like Kristo, Purcell must've had a pretty good coach in college too.
                                Seeing as he was only at Maine one year I guess he didn't think so
                                I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Working...
                                X