Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UMaine - 2011-2012 Season Thread (cont) - Beating Back the Internuts ?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMaine - 2011-2012 Season Thread (cont) - Beating Back the Internuts ?

Originally posted by blackbearsfan45 View Post
    I wasn't aware of the video feed last night and ended up just listening to it - could someone post a link to the video feed? Thanks in advance!!
    Link

Comment

Originally posted by gscott13 View Post
      i think it is just gonu.tv
      Yeah, that's right. The HD is pretty solid, assuming they don't have technical problems, which seems to happen frequently.
      2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
      2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

For what its worth the free Providence video feed is awesome. Will check out the NU feed tonight, not heading in. Thanks for the heads up guys.

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
        43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
        104-47-14 (.669) in that time
        3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
          He must think it gets funny the more you hear the same old tired crap. Maybe he could post all the stats that show Timmay is a better coach than Jerry York
          But.......................all those Frozen Fours!! Oh, wait...........................................

How did this team ever sweep BC and BU?

TIMMAY!!!!!
          What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
            Just talked to one of the players. They've been hearing the riot act all day. My advice was to have fun and not feel any pressure because they have none. They're in fifth place and most people expect them to finish fifth. They weren't supposed to sweep BC and they did. They sure as hell weren't supposed to sweep at BU. Lowell was #1 in the country when the Bears won there. But then the pressure mounts because they are supposed to beat PC and Northeastern, and they crumble. Some guys love pressure and some guys don't. This group definitely does not. If they relax, have fun and take the underdog role to heart they will succeed. Play tight and let the pressure get them, and they won't. It's pretty simple. A lot easier for those of us watching than for those playing the game.

If absolutely everything breaks right, this team could be 8th in the pairwise by the end of the night. They could also drop as low as 19th. They are easily in the most volatile position in the rankings.
            I think there was much more pressure in the Lowell game then either last night or against Providence. I viewed that as a definite must win. Last night was the kind of game you're going to have in late February/March. If Higgins' shot doesn't smash against the upright and Beattie doesn't make that horror pass Maine wins. Last night wasn't a case of Maine not showing up or anything like that. It came down to a couple of plays that went Northeastern's way. They're not a bad side either as evidenced by what they've done out of conference. I don't think any team is going to get an easy ride in the Qf's and it will be very interesting to see who makes it to the garden.
            Originally posted by BobbyBrady
            Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Long front page article in today's BDN about Steve Abbott. Most of it is just a re-hash of all the articles that have appeared in the last year, but a good compilation by Pete Warner. He's leaving all of his career options open.

http://bangordailynews.com/2012/02/2...ef=regionstate
              Last edited by Runsub5; 02-25-2012, 02:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                I think there was much more pressure in the Lowell game then either last night or against Providence. .
                The players may be feeling the pressure but I'd say the real pressure is on Tim, its do or bye,bye time for him
                I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                  The players may be feeling the pressure but I'd say the real pressure is on Tim, its do or bye,bye time for him
                  Not necessarily.

Comment

Originally posted by BobF View Post
                    Last night was about desire. The games they won vs. BU, BC and Lowell were also about desire and execution. In particular the 2 games vs. BC were about desire as they came back both nights. Lack of execution and game plans that is on coaching, when you allow another team to outwork you it is about desire. And let's be clear Maine made 3 mistakes on the last play. Beattie's pass, Mangene's penalty and the lack of anyone else to beat the 3rd man back. Sullivan did what he was supposed to do on that.
                    OK, we'll give that to you. So what explains this missing 'desire" that occurs so frequently among the Maine teams over the past say, 6-7 years? It can't be solely down to the players, as the ones on this team are not the same as the ones from 2004-2005, nor the ones from 2006-2007. Complete turnover of pl;ayers, at least twice, and yet, maine teams still show up for games with no desire to play. If it is solely due to the numerous players who have worn a Maine uniform during that time, and yet show up to games with no desire, then why does maine recruit those kinds of players?

What's been the one constant during that period?

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                      OK, we'll give that to you. So what explains this missing 'desire" that occurs so frequently among the Maine teams over the past say, 6-7 years? It can't be solely down to the players, as the ones on this team are not the same as the ones from 2004-2005, nor the ones from 2006-2007. Complete turnover of pl;ayers, at least twice, and yet, maine teams still show up for games with no desire to play. If it is solely due to the numerous players who have worn a Maine uniform during that time, and yet show up to games with no desire, then why does maine recruit those kinds of players?

What's been the one constant during that period?
                      Internet nutcases?

Comment

Just talked to one of the players. They've been hearing the riot act all day. My advice was to have fun and not feel any pressure because they have none. They're in fifth place and most people expect them to finish fifth. They weren't supposed to sweep BC and they did. They sure as hell weren't supposed to sweep at BU. Lowell was #1 in the country when the Bears won there. But then the pressure mounts because they are supposed to beat PC and Northeastern, and they crumble. Some guys love pressure and some guys don't. This group definitely does not. If they relax, have fun and take the underdog role to heart they will succeed. Play tight and let the pressure get them, and they won't. It's pretty simple. A lot easier for those of us watching than for those playing the game.

If absolutely everything breaks right, this team could be 8th in the pairwise by the end of the night. They could also drop as low as 19th. They are easily in the most volatile position in the rankings.
                        Or, if they relax and have fun, as you posted that they did on the bus ride down, they come out with no desire or intensity, and just go through the motions on the ice, and gakk up games that they're supposed to win.

Comment

Internet nutcases?
                          And one TIMMAY fluffer.

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                            Or, if they relax and have fun, as you posted that they did on the bus ride down, they come out with no desire or intensity, and just go through the motions on the ice, and gakk up games that they're supposed to win.
                            They were loose on the bus ride down, but I don't think that carried over to the ice. They weren't having much fun on the ice last night. Besides, most of you want them to lose, so what's the problem?

Comment

They were loose on the bus ride down, but I don't think that carried over to the ice. They weren't having much fun on the ice last night. Besides, most of you want them to lose, so what's the problem?
                              Why weren't they having fun?

Comment

I enjoy reading Sarah Smileys articles in the paper every Monday, her husband is deployed and she is having guests in every week to keep her kids distracted?? not sure if thats the right word. Last week it was a couple of players and Tim. Nice Showing by Kyle and Nick, something her kids will remember for along time

http://bangordailynews.com/2012/02/2...family-dinner/

Comment

Working...
                                X