Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UMaine - 2011-2012 Season Thread (cont) - Beating Back the Internuts ?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMaine - 2011-2012 Season Thread (cont) - Beating Back the Internuts ?

Originally posted by '93,'99,?? View Post
    Whatta weekend. I see Maine goin 7-2 or at worst 6-3 down the stretch. Maybe a loss to Lowell and perhaps one to either Northeastern, UNH or UMass That will give us 20 or more wins and prob no worse than a 3 seed in a given bracket. The NCAA's are our's for the takin at this point. It would take a bad collapse against inferior teams to not get in.
    And there is the set-up for Whitehead.....sink or swim.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Papa View Post

I find it funny that you dorks all of a sudden stop attacking our excellent head coach.

Incrdible what winning does to make the Baffoons run back to thier trees.

Face it--- Coach Whitehead is great! He is the Leader that teaches our boys what they need to know to win! I say extend his contract for ten more years!
      And let's win a league championship!

Hoorah!!!!! Go Black Bears!!!!!
      I don't see anyone running anywhere.

You are the biggest "dork" and "Baffoon" of all.

Comment

Originally posted by Potato in NH View Post
        This team just surprised me two weekends in a row and I am pumped. But, as a long time Maine fan (who despite not supporting the current coach, has always supported the team), I am little surprised about all the gloating by some Timmay supporters. Maine has done some great things since Thanksgiving, but unless we are UNH, I will judge the season by how we fair at the end, not on an 8 week hot streak. I hope for the best but the improved play and results certainly does not wipe the slate clean with Timmay.

I have sent my letter to Abbott and I stick by it. I used to think Timmay was a good guy, just in over his head. Ever since his interview in Novemberish where the line was drawn about not supporting him meant you were not a Maine fan completely changed my mind. I wish the team well and hope they continue to succeed. I just can not stand Tim Whitehead.
        Tell us how you really feel!

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeyman99 View Post
          Tell us how you really feel!
          Ehh, I thought I was pretty clear.

To me, the recent results show me how far Maine has fallen. While 4-0 vs. BU/BC in back to back weekends is not something that happens at all, how many 0-2 weekends vs. UMass have Maine had in the past 5 years? Or how many losses have we had to schools like Bentley? 1-1 weekends with Lowell (before they were "awesome")? I am excited and happy for the players but settle the "f" down people, these are regular season wins. We used to expect these. It is so rare that Maine plays good hockey 2 weekends in a row and there are some popping champagne corks. I am enjoying their success but really, they are just doing what most of us long time "real" Maine fans want to see for an entire season.

I hope Maine keeps it going.

Comment

Originally posted by Potato in NH View Post
            I hope Maine keeps it going.
            Me too, in the meantime hava potato and enjoy making fun of Parker and York.....old cenile bahstids as they are.
            I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

Originally posted by '93,'99,?? View Post
              It would take a bad collapse against inferior teams to not get in.
              Yeah, TIMMAY's never done that.
              What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• party like it's 1999

I think I picked a bad weekend to be traveling.

Remember the last time we had a tropical frozen four? Is a repeat even possible?!?
                well, minus the unh part
                1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012(!)

Comment

• Re: party like it's 1999

Originally posted by amherstblackbear View Post

Remember the last time we had a tropical frozen four? Is a repeat even possible?!?
                  well, minus the unh part
                  I think that it is possible. All yo need to do now is make the NCAA tourney and then anything can happen. We've seen it time and time again since they went to 16.

Comment

• Re: party like it's 1999

Originally posted by amherstblackbear View Post

well, minus the unh part
                    hahahahahahhhahahahahahahahha'hohohohhohohhoohhoho hoohoheheheheheheheheheheheheheh
                    guffawguffawguffawguffawguffawguffawguffawguffawgu ffawguffawguffawguffawguffawguffaw

step away from the coke table abb
                    I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

hahahahahahhhahahahahahahahha'hohohohhohohhoohhoho (and so on)
                      * puts down the glass of scotch and rubs nose

What -- Did I say something?
                      1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012(!)

Comment

I really hope Maine doesn't take UAH lightly, even though their record is a disgusting 2-24-1 they have beaten Denver and only lost to the #1 team in the country by 1 goal both nights last weekend. Keep the gas pedal to the metal boys.
                        Curse of the Timmy

Comment

Originally posted by Gusforhobey View Post
                          I really hope Maine doesn't take UAH lightly, even though their record is a disgusting 2-24-1 they have beaten Denver and only lost to the #1 team in the country by 1 goal both nights last weekend. Keep the gas pedal to the metal boys.
                          I'm not too familiar with UAH's style of play. Just looking at the numbers they'll be extremely over-matched this weekend.

Maine's PP is #2 in the nation at 29.3% while the Chargers is 7.3%. That's a huge difference. UAH also has only scored 32 goals all season, while Maine has netted 87. That might work for UAH if they played defense but they don't (4.07 GA/gm) and Maine's specialty is on the offensive front.

Comment

Originally posted by tylerzx2002 View Post
                            I'm not too familiar with UAH's style of play. Just looking at the numbers they'll be extremely over-matched this weekend.

Maine's PP is #2 in the nation at 29.3% while the Chargers is 7.3%. That's a huge difference. UAH also has only scored 32 goals all season, while Maine has netted 87. That might work for UAH if they played defense but they don't (4.07 GA/gm) and Maine's specialty is on the offensive front.
                            Just keep thinking that way...

Comment

Disappointing that Parker didn't get HE ROTW.

Comment

Originally posted by KnowItAll
                                without looking, I am willing to bet that bentley never beat denver, but this year's Huntsville team did.

if I recall correctly Tim's record against huntsville is 3-0-1 (Jimmy howard assiting on maine's second goal and earning a 2-2 tie)

the official word is that this is HUntsville's final season in D1 and that they are turning to a club team... however there has been talk of keeping the program alive if possible.

I hope the fans up in Orono are very hospitable to the Chargers, win or lose... hockey is a close-knit community and the Chargers need a little support/respect, I think.

also... Merrimack's Carter Madsen suffered what merrimack refers to as a gruesome andle injury and will not finish his senior season... I wonder if Maine fans can send a card. the Knowitalls did.
                                UAH has made it official that they are returning as DI and have fund raising campaign in process to ensure that going forward - provided they can secure a conference home. It has been a roller coaster year, between the team being killed off and the crazy road schedule and having a very young team (only 2 seniors, 3 juniors), and now the program being saved - so I'm sure the guys would appreciate the support. I think their play and compete level will earn them some respect.

It's been a totally different team their last two weekends, not unlike how Maine's last two have gone. It seems the young kids are picking things up and they're definitely playing with much more confidence. Their scoring and PP% much higher over the past weekends, against Denver and UMD on the road at that. I have to think that the fact that they flew to Denver & UMD (as they will this weekend) vs. long bus trips (like they did to UML/Merrimack/UNH over thanksgiving and Mankato/Bemidji just prior to Christmas break) also made a bit of difference, not only in thier outlook but in their energy level.

They may not match up talent level top to bottom, but when they work hard and play their systems they can be competitive, so on any given night...

Comment

Working...
                                X