Mercyhurst University

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mercyhurst University

Mercyhurst has attained University status. Not much in the way of hockey news but I thought everyone should know.

http://yourerie.com/fulltext?nxd_id=213962
    "If you're satisfied with being good, you'll never be great"

"heck, you go to some D-III hockey games and a Steven Segal Chinese stick fight breaks out,....." by Camman15

2009-2010 Regular Season Atlantic Hockey Pick-em Champion

Re: Mercyhurst University

http://www.mercyhurst.edu/news/news-...rticle_id=2545

NICE!!!

Comment

I suppose that means I can't refer to them as MC anymore, and if I use MU, nobody, including I, will know what team is being referenced. I guess 'Hurst it is.
      "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
      And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
        I suppose that means I can't refer to them as MC anymore, and if I use MU, nobody, including I, will know what team is being referenced. I guess 'Hurst it is.
        We ARE MU

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
          Not necessarily. BC became a university a long time ago but we're still Boston College.
          Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
          Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
          Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
            Not necessarily. BC became a university a long time ago but we're still Boston College.
            HAHAHAHA - U could B BU 2! Imagine the anguish!
            "A ROCK BAND IS NOT A PERFECT DEMOCRACY. IT'S LIKE A SPORTS TEAM. NO ONE CAN DO WITHOUT THE OTHER, BUT EVERYBODY DOESN'T GET TO TOUCH THE BALL ALL THE TIME." Don Henley

Comment

Originally posted by DC78-82 View Post
              Zing. Good One. Second coming of *******. Can't wait for the TTT response.

Comment

I suddenly feel smarter......living vicariously through my daughter of course!

LOL
                Toe Blake On goalies: "You get four goals off them, or five, but the goal you've got to have to win, somehow the great ones don't let you get it.”

Comment

Very nice DC. TTT you have become what you hate.

Comment

Originally posted by myStuff View Post
                    We ARE MU
                    To which my brother would reply, "Go Marquette!"
                    Give blood... Play Gopher Hockey!
                    Men's National Championships: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002, 2003
                    Women's National Championships: 2000, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by OnMAA View Post
                      After what I saw on Babcock Street last night, I'm not sure we'll be hearing from TTT any time soon.
                      "A ROCK BAND IS NOT A PERFECT DEMOCRACY. IT'S LIKE A SPORTS TEAM. NO ONE CAN DO WITHOUT THE OTHER, BUT EVERYBODY DOESN'T GET TO TOUCH THE BALL ALL THE TIME." Don Henley

Comment

Originally posted by myStuff View Post
                        We ARE MU
                        First thing that came to my mind on the above quote is memories off the noises coming from the field behind the Barn just before milking time.
                        Last edited by OnMAA; 01-26-2012, 03:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by OnMAA View Post
                          Originally posted by NUWH DogHouse View Post
                          Very nice DC. TTT you have become what you hate.
                          Hey, all you guys need to do is practice your "Not in Boston!" chants and you, too, can gain admission to BU! Fortunately for NUWH DogHouse, I'm sure he blew his nose with his safety school admission letter from BU like I did, seeing as he made the right choice to avoid that dump and go to a decent school.
                          After what I saw on Babcock Street last night, I'm not sure we'll be hearing from TTT any time soon.
                          Hey, what are you going to do. Every once in a while an inferior team gets a few lucky bounces and beats a superior opponent. It happens.

Fortunately for our girls, they didn't have to walk from WBA through the stench and scum of BU's nonexistent campus while dodging Mr. BU '06 and Ms. BU '04 on the street panhandling. We were able to take a bus back to the Towers On The Heights instead.
                          Last edited by TonyTheTiger20; 01-26-2012, 12:32 PM.
                          Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                          Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                          Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                            Hey, all you guys need to do is practice your "Not in Boston!" chants and you, too, can gain admission to BU! Fortunately for NUWH DogHouse, I'm sure he blew his nose with his safety school admission letter from BU like I did, seeing as he made the right choice to avoid that dump and go to a decent school.

Hey, what are you going to do. Every once in a while an inferior team gets a few lucky bounces and beats a superior opponent. It happens.

Fortunately for our girls, they didn't have to walk from WBA through the stench and scum of BU's nonexistent campus while dodging Mr. BU '06 and Ms. BU '04 on the street panhandling. We were able to take a bus back to the Towers On The Heights instead.
                            I expected an OT game yesterday, or one that close, but I have to say, it did take some of the sting out of a game that happened in Boston last Saturday

Comment

Actually, since Boston College was granted a university charter 6 years before Boston University received their charter Boston University would have to be referred to as BU2.

Comment

Working...
                              X