Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minnesota Cup

http://www.startribune.com/sports/blogs/137984168.html

Looks like this tourney is going to happen. It should be a fun tourney.
    Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
    dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
    wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Re: Minnesota Cup

Originally posted by 4four4 View Post

4 girls, 1 cup is the name. video sales should be outstanding... minnesota's economy could use all the help it can get.
    Last edited by willythekid; 01-25-2012, 12:34 AM.

Comment

Maturi said this is the way the Gophers play all the MN teams... anyone else scared that means not making trips to their barns?

And Minnesota Cup... its ok, but can we get something cooler sounding? Like the DQ Cup?
      tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Just call it the Minnesota Gangbang and be done with it.

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
          Maturi said this is the way the Gophers play all the MN teams... anyone else scared that means not making trips to their barns?
          I don't know about St. Cloud, but I know we'll never see the Gophers in Mankato again.
          My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

Originally posted by willythekid View Post
            4 girls, 1 cup is the name. video sales should be outstanding... minnesota's economy could use all the help it can get.
            Minnesota's economy is probably ten times the size of North Dakota, so not sure where this is coming from. Oh yeah, I forgot you are borderline ********.
            Originally posted by SJHovey
            Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
            Originally posted by Brenthoven
            We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
              Minnesota's economy is probably ten times the size of North Dakota, so not sure where this is coming from. Oh yeah, I forgot you are borderline ********.
              I can see how jan fans would be a bit testy about this subject as they realize they will probably never be able to drink from this cup...

Comment

Now now now, we all cannot find oil in our state...
                Originally posted by 4four4 View Post

Beersong had a great post on tPB. Basically the question is how many people will be there? They tried a similar thing a few years ago and 5,000 (or less) showed up for a game that didn't include the Gophers. And when the Gophers are playing, how many will be in attendance? 10,000? 11,000?

Plus you can say goodbye to UMTC visiting your arena.

I am excited of the possibility of this being a Final Five 2.0. And by 2.0 I mean a sequel to a blockbuster hit that won't come near what the Final Five.

Minnesota Cup is a dumb name, call it "The Hotdish"
                Last edited by Biddco; 01-25-2012, 07:27 AM.
                tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                  Now now now, we all cannot find oil in our state...
                  Beersong had a great post on tPB. Basically the question is how many people will be there? They tried a similar thing a few years ago and 5,000 (or less) showed up for a game that didn't include the Gophers. And when the Gophers are playing, how many will be in attendance? 10,000? 11,000?

Plus you can say goodbye to UMTC visiting your arena.

I am excited of the possibility of this being a Final Five 2.0. And by 2.0 I mean a sequel to a blockbuster hit that won't come near what the Final Five was.

Minnesota Cup is a dumb name, call it "The Hotdish"
                  The days of Minnesota visiting your arena often are going to be gone regardless. That's the reality of the situation.

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                    I am excited of the possibility of this being a Final Five 2.0. And by 2.0 I mean a sequel to a blockbuster hit that won't come near what the Final Five.
                    Obviously. Without drunk UND fans to annoy everyone and puke everywhere, it just won't have the same charm.
                    Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                    when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                    Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                      Obviously. Without drunk UND fans to annoy everyone and puke everywhere, it just won't have the same charm.
                      Or to mistake you for a Gopher fan because you're wearing maroon and gold
                      Originally posted by JDUBBS1280 View Post
                      The days of Minnesota visiting your arena often are going to be gone regardless. That's the reality of the situation.
                      Fine by me, I'll just miss some good friends who come to Duluth. It makes for a great time.
                      tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Maturi seems to be telling us expect to see more Sacred Heart series and less in state rivalry games against other Minnesota schools. My take read between the lines old WCHA if you want to see the Gophers at your barn. I am not thrilled by his statement.
                        Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
                        dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
                        wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Basically this tournament is the Goofers saying we are helping the other Minnesota schools, we just won't go to their barn to do it. We will play them at the X or at Mariucci so that we don't have to leave the 494-694 loop for any non-conference games........
                          Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
                          FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
                          NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
                          NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
                          NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
                          NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
                          Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
                          Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

Originally posted by beaverhockeyfan View Post
                            Basically this tournament is the Goofers saying we are helping the other Minnesota schools, we just won't go to their barn to do it. We will play them at the X or at Mariucci so that we don't have to leave the 494-694 loop for any non-conference games........
                            Well, they do have a scheduling agreement with Notre Dame already, and I heard they are working on one with BC/BU. So, it's not like they aren't ever going to leave the Twin Cities for out of conference games.

If they are going to maintain their 20 home game minimum (2 of which would be games in this tournament at the X), plus 10 road conference games, it doesn't leave a lot of non-conference games to play on the road.

Comment

I can see how jan fans would be a bit testy about this subject as they realize they will probably never be able to drink from this cup...
                              Well, they'll always have one of these to drink from:

*****http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-Yex75Tfdo2A/Ta21qz3h0MI/AAAAAAAABak/ZEsKaJ4t1yU/s400/solo_cup.jpg******

It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Working...
                              X