Fire Beaney!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fire Beaney!

First off, I would like to start by publicly chastising USCHO for savagely destroying the previous thread on this topic that was masterfully created many years ago. That thread contained the greatest arguments to date that showed beyond a shadow of a doubt that William Beaney was single-handily destroying a once proud hockey juggernaut that is the Middlebury Panthers. Having said that, I should not be the least bit surprised, as USCHO comes from the same breed as William Beaney. They share the same philosophy. In fact they share one trait in common above all else. Both of them have been struggling to attain mediocrity for quite some time now.

Now that I have that out of the way, let me get to the meat and potatoes of this all...

My, oh my, where on earth shall I begin? I have tried to bite my tongue on this but I’m afraid this season has become such a comedy of errors I must speak up. I have been preaching for years that William Beaney needs to go. For years you sheep have shunned me and blindly followed your fearless leader. You have not taken me seriously, yet to this day no one has been able to counter my factual arguments that the once proud Middlebury Panthers have plunged into a level of obscurity not seen since the Scranton Royals lost their Independence.

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you your 2.50 goals per game Middlebury Panthers! Yes I mean those 7-7-2 Middlebury Panthers. Those Middlebury Panthers who have scored 40 goals and allowed 41 against them this season. Maybe this is what the rest of you want from the most storied program in the history of D-III hockey. But I will not stand for it. Not when this team, is playing in a $22.6 million facility yet the product they are spewing out onto the ice is Scranton Light.

Folks, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, I've only been saying this for 5 years now, but hopefully now you will get smart and listen. William Beaney is a washed up has been. He can't get the recruits anymore. His style of play has been solved by every coach in the country and he fails to adjust. I am slowly changing my position on this issue however. I am not so sure anymore that he is too stubborn to adjust rather, I feel he may just not have the hockey smarts. He's a one trick pony. The Tim Tebow of D-III hockey if you will. Yea, he's great for a little while, but eventually, teams will figure him out and realize he can't throw the football. Beaney has run out of the one idea he's ever had for a game plan. Cinderella, your time is up. Your stagecoach has already turned into a pumpkin. Let's just hope the powers that be here in Middlebury will put this damsel in distress out of his misery before he brings any more embarrassment to this once proud institution.

Between his lack of recruiting, his inability to come up with different game plans outside the one he has, the Federal lawsuit he is facing (and as a result of his actions, the College as well), and last but not least the abomination of a team he brings to the rink each night it's time for a change. A 3-0 loss to Hamilton, 7-0 loss to Plattsburgh, and now back to back 5-0 losses to Bowdoin and *gasp* Norwich. Throw in a 0-0 tie to Plattsburgh earlier this year and that is 5 shutouts against us. Is this real life?

Middlebury Hockey will continue this downward spiral until the man behind the bench is disposed of. Let's Go Midd, get yourselves together and save this program!!

Re: Fire Beaney!

*looks at watch*

Yep, it's about that time.
    FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
      *looks at watch*

Yep, it's about that time.
      Over/under on when someone revives the "Fire Gosek" thread? Anyone?
      Twitter: DanMountSports
      2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

Originally posted by MountieBoyOz View Post
        Over/under on when someone revives the "Fire Gosek" thread? Anyone?
        Next Oswego loss to Fredonia in the SUNYAC semis.
        The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
        "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
        GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
        GO LAKERS!!!
        GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
        "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
        Oswego State '09

Comment

Can we go the other way with this and exhort McShane to head back to DI?
          Go Cards: win or lose, The Better Team.
          A Lot of (Sometimes Tainted) SUNYAC Championships
          A Handful of ECAC West Championships
          A Number of NCAA Appearances, Including Several Trips to the Final Four, Though Some of Them Don't Count
          Some National Championships:
          Women's (THIS YEAR, LAST YEAR, A Couple Years Back, '08, '07)
          Men's (Wow Look at the Time Pass, A While before That)

Comment

Well, I hope the rest of you are happy with yourselves for blindly following Buffoon Beaney. Are beloved Panthers stand at 7-8-2 after a humiliating loss to a team who refers to themselves as Camels. I find it appalling. I guess the rest of you still don't have a wrinkle in your sweater-vests though.

We can kiss the NCAA's goodbye, kiss the NESCAC Title good bye, and quite frankly, we would be lucky to even make the NESCAC playoffs. My question to you all is, how much further do we have to fall for you all to realize that perhaps, just maybe, I am right? I look forward to your responses but I wont hold my breath. Sheep, all of you.

Comment

I'll take the blame. I picked the to win in the LPS and the Mountie Curse got em.

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyguy99 View Post
                Well, I hope the rest of you are happy with yourselves for blindly following Buffoon Beaney. Are beloved Panthers stand at 7-8-2 after a humiliating loss to a team who refers to themselves as Camels. I find it appalling. I guess the rest of you still don't have a wrinkle in your sweater-vests though.

We can kiss the NCAA's goodbye, kiss the NESCAC Title good bye, and quite frankly, we would be lucky to even make the NESCAC playoffs. My question to you all is, how much further do we have to fall for you all to realize that perhaps, just maybe, I am right? I look forward to your responses but I wont hold my breath. Sheep, all of you.
                "Are" beloved Panthers...Are you the person who wrote the infamous "Congradulation" Middlebury sign...?

Comment

Originally posted by mjmigliaccio View Post
                  "Are" beloved Panthers...Are you the person who wrote the infamous "Congradulation" Middlebury sign...?
                  I was going to say something about the Are instead of Our, but gave him a break. Figured he was too upset!

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                    Next Oswego loss to Fredonia in the SUNYAC semis.
                    +1
                    Plattsburgh State Cardinals
                    1992 & 2001 NCAA Division III Ice Hockey Champions
                    21 SUNYAC Championships

Comment

Originally posted by CardsFan91 View Post
                      +1
                      When Platty loses to MoVille, Buff State or Genny, I will expect to see the corresponding Fire Emery thread.

Comment

Originally posted by MountieBoyOz View Post
                        When Platty loses to MoVille, Buff State or Genny, I will expect to see the corresponding Fire Emery thread.
                        Nope don't remember any.....

And we still won the SUNYAC Title while Oswego had an extra weekend off as the #1 seed....again...
                        Remy Babineaux
                        remyb616@gmail.com
                        D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Hey hockeyguy99, looks like your thread has been hijacked by the SUNYAC!
                          I'm not here to bash Beaney, I'm still not sure that it's his fault, but one thing is certain: The wheels have fallen off the bus! The fan base is dwindling,and the students don't even bother to show up! Last night's performance was even worse than I expected. Granted, we had guy with zero experience in goal, but in the old days the Middlebury defense was so good that we could have beaten that Conn College team with no one in goal! What on earth has happened? I used to follow this team everywhere, and had a lot of fun doing it. After last night, I'm done! I wouldn't walk across the street to see these guys play.
                          I'm thinking of moving to Northfield, where the administration and the students care about their hockey program!
                          Last edited by jimmy d; 01-28-2012, 08:20 AM.
                          from behind the iron curtain...

Comment

Originally posted by jimmy d View Post
                            Hey hockeyguy99, looks like your thread has been hijacked by the SUNYAC!
                            I'm not here to bash Beaney, I'm still not sure that it's his fault, but one thing is certain: The wheels have fallen off the bus! The fan base is dwindling,and the students don't even bother to show up! Last night's performance was even worse than I expected. Granted, we had guy with zero experience in goal, but in the old days the Middlebury defense was so good that we could have beaten that Conn College team with no one in goal! What on earth has happened? I used to follow this team everywhere, and had a lot of fun doing it. After last night, I'm done! I wouldn't walk across the street to see these guys play.
                            I'm thinking of moving to Northfield, where the administration and the students care about their hockey program!
                            You don't have to move but just drive down Route 7 to watch Castleton play. The Spartins are one of the top 5 teams in New England. It is hard for an outsider to figure what is going on at Middlebury but the reason could be that the admissions department isn't playing ball with the hockey program. Middlebury athletic facilities are the best in the east in D3 so you would think that would help.
                            2009-2010 Last Person Standing winner
                            2009-2010 Interlock LPS winner

Comment

Originally posted by hawk View Post
                              You don't have to move but just drive down Route 7 to watch Castleton play. The Spartins are one of the top 5 teams in New England. It is hard for an outsider to figure what is going on at Middlebury but the reason could be that the admissions department isn't playing ball with the hockey program. Middlebury athletic facilities are the best in the east in D3 so you would think that would help.
                              It seems like Middlebury doesn't want to admit people like this guy.

http://simpsons.wikia.com/wiki/Snake_Jailbird

Comment

Working...
                              X