Ohio State vs North Dakota 1/27 - 1/28

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ohio State vs North Dakota 1/27 - 1/28

Huge series for the Buckeyes at home this weekend. The last time these two teams played, well, it wasn't pretty. In two games, North Dakota outscored the Buckeyes 18-2. The Buckeyes are currently four points behind UND, so the only way they would overtake them would be to sweep. A win and a shootout win by the Buckeyes would move them into a tie with UND. North Dakota's weapons on offense will be a challenge to defend, but I am sure Ohio State will want to show that they are not as bad as their performance in Grand Forks. Should be an interesting weekend.

Re: Ohio State vs North Dakota 1/27 - 1/28

I have a tip for the coach. MAKE SURE YOU PUT SOMEONE ON THE TWINS THIS TIME! And I mean ON THEM.

Comment

WCHFan,

Since you're giving tips...

I presume that Monique Weber is out of the line-up for Friday's game due to the DQ against St. Cloud. Any thoughts on how this might affect Friday's game, if at all?

Comment

I think Ohio State needs to worry about more than just the Lams. Karvinen is currently outscoring Spooner. UND has the best 1st line, in my opinion, in the country.
        (JLam, Karvinen, Jacobsen, MLK, Miller) With that being said, nothing is a given. I don't believe UND will blow out OSU, but my predictions are 3-1, 5-2 UND sweep.

UNIVERSITY OF NORTH DAKOTA WOMEN'S HOCKEY

WCHA Regular Season Champions:
        WCHA Playoff Champions:
        NCAA Tournament Appearances: 2012
        NCAA Championships:

http://www.leaderpost.com/sports/Reg...005/story.html

Comment

Originally posted by northhockey View Post
          UND has the best 1st line, in my opinion, in the country.
          Best line of forwards only, I'd have to say Wisconsin. If you want to include a D pair, then maybe Cornell. IMO, MLK isn't as good a D as she is a forward, and Miller is another converted forward, who doesn't belong in the same conversation with people like Fortino and Rougeau.
          "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
          And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Yes, Karvinen is amazing and my pick for Rook of the year.

I feel in the first series OSU let the Lams do what they wanted and didn't have anyone on them?? You'll have to admit most of karv's chances come from the twins. Every other team in the WCHA's goal is to stop the twins. I do like Weber she is a beast and a nice addition. When you lose a top forward it's a huge loss.

Comment

In the first meeting. OSU let the twins bomb from the point and slot which is suicide. You must put a player there. How about Spooner???

And put WILD back on the PP for heavens sake!

Comment

Originally posted by WCHFan View Post
                Yes, Karvinen is amazing and my pick for Rook of the year.
                Been wondering from time to time this season if that's possible since she's listed as soph on the roster?
                Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by brookyone View Post
                  Been wondering from time to time this season if that's possible since she's listed as soph on the roster?
                  She has already won a couple rookie of the week awards so am guessing that would be no different. Probably depends on whether it is a rookie of the year or freshman of the year. I don't think she should be punished for how NCAA determines her eligibilty.

Comment

The NCAA said she cant have her 4th year of eligibility, so idk why she would be listed as a sophomore. anyways this is year 1 of 3 for karvinen, and for a und fan like myself, it looks promising! Banners > awards

WCHA Playoff Champions:
                    NCAA Championships:

Comment

Originally posted by WCHFan View Post
                      In the first meeting. OSU let the twins bomb from the point and slot which is suicide. You must put a player there. How about Spooner???

And put WILD back on the PP for heavens sake!
                      Hopefully the games this weekend will be closer. However, I think we may see somewhat of a repeat of earlier series. OSU's breakout is either ringing the puck or chipping the puck off glass. Idea is just to get puck out of zone. There are very few tape to tape controlled passes. If Spooner happens to be in the vicinity, it can be a successful breakout. The top teams recognize this breakout pattern; their D just step up at point and pound puck back into zone.

OSU has a particularly tough time dealing with the Lams because OSU is not a very physical team. They have added a bit of size on D with the Schmidt twins. And other than Spooner, their forwards are more finesse than power.

Not sure why WIld is off the PP. She is typically their best passer. The number one PP unit has five forwards; could be susceptible to some shorties scored.

Comment

Originally posted by GloveSave85 View Post
                        Hopefully the games this weekend will be closer. However, I think we may see somewhat of a repeat of earlier series. OSU's breakout is either ringing the puck or chipping the puck off glass. Idea is just to get puck out of zone. There are very few tape to tape controlled passes. If Spooner happens to be in the vicinity, it can be a successful breakout. The top teams recognize this breakout pattern; their D just step up at point and pound puck back into zone.

OSU has a particularly tough time dealing with the Lams because OSU is not a very physical team. They have added a bit of size on D with the Schmidt twins. And other than Spooner, their forwards are more finesse than power.

Not sure why WIld is off the PP. She is typically their best passer. The number one PP unit has five forwards; could be susceptible to some shorties scored.

I do feel this weekend will be a different story. Smaller rink and no homer crowd. OSU can control the twins if they put the right players on them. And I feel the coaching staff is much better than last year and are trying to make it simple hockey by chipping out of the zone. Their goals against is down and if you take the fluke first UND series WAY down. OSU's twins are nice additions but I don't feel they deserve the amount of playing time given(steady but not amazing and slow at times) Wild is amazing and should be on one of the PP groups. I do wish they would play more spread out like the top teams UM, WI, UND, UMD to use their speed and enter the O zone with a purpose.

OSU must be better on the PP insert Wild instead of McIntosh on the first PP and put Mac on the second PP unit where she can do her own thing like she wants.
                        Last edited by WCHFan; 01-24-2012, 07:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by northhockey View Post
                          The NCAA said she cant have her 4th year of eligibility, so idk why she would be listed as a sophomore. anyways this is year 1 of 3 for karvinen, and for a und fan like myself, it looks promising! Banners > awards
                          Is this due to the playing in Denmark thing? Just curious.
                          Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by brookyone View Post
                            Is this due to the playing in Denmark thing? Just curious.
                            It seems so.

WCHA Playoff Champions:
                            NCAA Championships:

Comment

Any coach would love to have her even if only 3 years. Very nice player! Top player even in the great WCHA.

Comment

Working...
                              X