Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Uw @ und

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
    All the BADger fans are busy practicing their dance moves, or worrying about bouncy ball, they have no time for actual hockey!
    I don't know, like Burd asked (I think it was Burd), when's the last time these two teams were second tier in the same season?

In addition, our series hasn't had an incident in quite some time to fire everyone up.

SCSU of course had Marvin and your two teams (UM & UND) will probably manage to have an incident this weekend, even though you don't play.

I'll watch, but I have to admit that I'm not seething like I should be.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
      I don't know, like Burd asked (I think it was Burd), when's the last time these two teams were second tier in the same season?
      Well, in '01-'02 they were both below .500 in WCHA play (Wisconsin finished 5th, UND t6th). The last time both schools traveled for the First Round of the WCHA tournament? 1975-1976, when they were a part of a four way tie for 7th.
      North Dakota
      National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

The Sioux fans don't have a lot of swagger at this point, though I don't think many of us are disappointed in the players on the ice. There just aren't the horses in the stable we are used to. It's a team with a lot of young possibilities, and they are working hard, but if Hak gets this team to the tournament, he will deserve a lot of credit. I think many Badger fans feel the same way about their team this year. An unusual situation for these two fanbases.

No, on second thought, that's not true. Badger fans are used to a lot of slow, clumsy, stupid, inept, poorly dressed, ugly, foul smelling, poor excuses for hockey players dressed in red. I've always admired Badger fans for keeping a pretty bright outlook despite that.

Walkons get the stick salute Saturday night.
        Last edited by burd; 01-27-2012, 03:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
          Walkons get the stick salute Saturday night.
          You might want to keep that private. I mean, what you do in the privacy of your trailer...

Comment

You might want to keep that private. I mean, what you do in the privacy of your trailer...
            Now that's funny.

Comment

The Sioux fans don't have a lot of swagger at this point, though I don't think many of us are disappointed in the players on the ice. There just aren't the horses in the stable we are used to. It's a team with a lot of young possibilities, and they are working hard, but if Hak gets this team to the tournament, he will deserve a lot of credit. I think many Badger fans feel the same way about their team this year. An unusual situation for these two fanbases.
              Agreed. I hate agreeing with any sooh fan on anything but this post the fact that the rodents decrepid, incideous, henous, disgusting, vile little pathetic and worthless creatures are 2 agrees.

Let's go RED!
              Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
              Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
              "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
              Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                it sure doesn't and I love the commentary. Actually in the book "Shot and a Goal" Rob Andringa confirms your memory of sparks flying from skates off the concrete as those whioux cretins came running back out to 2-1 or 3-1 some badger players.
                Andringa read a book?
                License to kill gofers...From the government of the United Nations. - Carl Spackler, Caddyshack

Comment

Originally posted by Innova View Post
                  Any TV for those of us in WI with Dish network? I couldn't find anything, but I have been known to miss it before....
                  Last night was on DN at 449; Tonight's is on DN at 450.
                  Fighting Sioux Forever

Comment

Random thoughts......

That MacWilliams guy is quite the goon in the strong tradition of goons @ UND. The corsscheck on Rumpel was the gooniest move he made. Dell is aweful. I was impressed with UND's physical play, there were more Badgers bouncing off them than the other way around, though as the game went on, UW played better physically. It was pretty amazing how UND just absolutely dominated the first 4 minutes, and then the switch flipped and UW seemed to get their wits about them and the play was decently even from that point. UND got away with a lot of interference and pulling down of UW players, as usual the refs were very inconsistant. UW better start decking/moving opposing players in front of their own net.
                    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                      Random thoughts......

That MacWilliams guy is quite the goon in the strong tradition of goons @ UND. The corsscheck on Rumpel was the gooniest move he made. Dell is aweful. I was impressed with UND's physical play, there were more Badgers bouncing off them than the other way around, though as the game went on, UW played better physically. It was pretty amazing how UND just absolutely dominated the first 4 minutes, and then the switch flipped and UW seemed to get their wits about them and the play was decently even from that point. UND got away with a lot of interference and pulling down of UW players, as usual the refs were very inconsistant. UW better start decking/moving opposing players in front of their own net.
                      Zengerle looked to be the best player on the ice last night by a fair margin. He reminds me of Reinprecht. Fortunately for the Sioux, he doesn't have a Heatley to benefit from his playmaking abilities (I think FS23 might have made a similar observation last night). I don't recall seeing a lot of uncalled interference by either team, but there was not a lot of artful hockey by either team either. Good hustle though--a lot of young players giving it their best. Nice setup to end it by Lammy, who hasn't had a very fruitful year. A sweep is important for the Sioux.

Comment

Touche Dell as awful last night. Without his terrible play UND wins 5-0. Also you aren't allowed to complain about the refs since the Badgers lost.
                        Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                        when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                        Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Random thoughts......

I thought the calls on MacWilliams were somewhat soft. The crosscheck on Rumpel was after he was pushed from behind, if I'm remembering the right play. Either way, nothing that I saw in this game was over what I consider to be the line in hockey. Let's not sound like the whiney-***** Gopher fans now.

The long and short is that our defense needs to be better in front of our net. Been that way all season. The GWG was scored because the nearest defender stood and watched the Sioux player not only get position, but then he didn't tie up the stick. As a defenseman, the absolute easiest thing you can do to help out is tie up someone's stick.

In addition, either by design or just because, we played passive through the entire third period. Don't know if this is the Eaves turtle that we've all come to love or just a young team that couldn't put 60 minutes together.

Can't wait for next season when this inconsistent team hopefully levels off. Just too many of the same lapses hurting us.
                          Last edited by Gurtholfin; 01-28-2012, 10:06 AM.

Comment

Zengerle looked to be the best player on the ice last night by a fair margin. He reminds me of Reinprecht. Fortunately for the Sioux, he doesn't have a Heatley to benefit from his playmaking abilities (I think FS23 might have made a similar observation last night). I don't recall seeing a lot of uncalled interference by either team, but there was not a lot of artful hockey by either team either. Good hustle though--a lot of young players giving it their best. Nice setup to end it by Lammy, who hasn't had a very fruitful year. A sweep is important for the Sioux.
                            Thank you for the credit, and that's exactly how I feel. If Wisconsin had a pure scorer to match with Zengerle, they would put up a ridiculous amount of points. Zengerle might be the best pure playmaker I have seen this season, and it is what I hope Grimaldi can be next year when he's healthy. Nearly impossible to get the puck off his stick, and the great passes that he makes...it was a lot of fun to watch him play. I sure wish he was dressing up in kelly green and white.

As for the game last night, it was not what I expected. Both teams played sloppily in the first, but sort of evened out as the game wore on. Wisconsin seemed to tire a bit in the third. Wisconsin's first two goals were soft, but the third was flukey...nobody could have stopped that. Dell played much better by the end of the first and through the rest of the game. If UND wants to win tonight, they will need Dell to play like he did in the 2nd and 3rd periods. It sounds like Timothy A should join up with 80sMiracle on how the refs let UND do whatever they want on the ice The officiating was average for a WCHA tilt. The penalty on Simonelli (spelling?) in the second after UW got a powerplay was a joke, and there were some other ticky-tac calls, but overall no blatant oversights. Lammy's setup on the game winner was a great play. An inexperienced kid (read: most underclassmen, some upperclassmen) would have just shot the puck again at a bad angle, but he had the presence and vision to pass it across the slot for a one-timer. As Gurtholfin said, that was also a poor play by the defensemen to not tie up the stick, or get in better position. Overall, I didn't think either team outplayed the other. It was a tight contest, and I expect the same this evening. Hopefully UND gets the sweep tonight, but it will take a full 60 minutes to do so.

Also, it was nice seeing Forbort out on the ice tonight, but he did not look very good. Perhaps it was rust, or just he's not 100%, but he did not look like he did prior to the World Juniors. Hopefully it was just some rust, and we see him back in the lineup, and move Gleason up to forward so we can field a full lineup. Gleason impressed me last night with his speed, and he has what it takes to play forward in the WCHA. It will be nice when we can actually put him back at D because he has the look of another Genoway, which will really help on the powerplay.
                            North Dakota
                            National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Random thoughts...... That MacWilliams guy is quite the goon in the strong tradition of goons @ UND.
                              The Ramage cross check in the third period on Dan Senkbeil was pretty classy as well.
                              Contributing Editor and College Hockey Writer at Inside Hockey
                              Eric's Twitter
                              The Sin Bin The Sports Daily

Comment

I thought the calls on MacWilliams were somewhat soft..... Let's not sound like the whiney-***** Gopher fans now.
                                I was thinking the same thing.
                                Contributing Editor and College Hockey Writer at Inside Hockey
                                Eric's Twitter
                                The Sin Bin The Sports Daily

Comment

Working...
                                X