This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2011-12 Part V: Don't Stop Believing

I hear through the grapevine that a potential horde of Pep Band alumni may be descending upon Troy NY this weekend. Might I ask if anyone can take a photo or two of the Pep Band in action and post a link to it here?

Thanks!
    "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
      I hear through the grapevine that a potential horde of Pep Band alumni may be descending upon Troy NY this weekend. Might I ask if anyone can take a photo or two of the Pep Band in action and post a link to it here?

Thanks!
      Oooh, thanks for the reminder to bring my camera! I'm currently on co-op in Boston, but heading back to Troy for Freakout!

Comment

... Maybe the pros need that to sell tickets, we don't need that in college hockey.
        Tell that to the coaches and AD's who are struggling to make due with shrinking budgets and ever increasing expenses.
        ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Thanks!
          I know this isn't exactly what you asked for, but here are some pictures of the Pep Band from the last few Freakout!s, taken by James Lauser, one of our alums.
          Last edited by lugnut92; 02-02-2012, 10:08 PM. Reason: Forgot the link.
          RPI Pep Band
          GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
          🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
          2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
          2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Ed Weaver article about Merriam http://www.troyrecord.com/articles/2...mode=fullstory.
            Last edited by Ralph Baer; 02-03-2012, 06:55 AM.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
              I know this isn't exactly what you asked for, but here are some pictures of the Pep Band from the last few Freakout!s, taken by James Lauser, one of our alums.
              Thanks! I've been to a number of games in Troy and in Hamden and I don't recall seeing the string bass ... maybe it doesn't travel that well. I had posted a picture of the Pep Band in Hamden last season except I've lost the link since.
              "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Thanks! I've been to a number of games in Troy and in Hamden and I don't recall seeing the string bass ... maybe it doesn't travel that well. I had posted a picture of the Pep Band in Hamden last season except I've lost the link since.
                The string bass guy graduated.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                  The string bass guy graduated.
                  They band has to do a better job in recruiting.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I've noticed that when I try to read the weekly column predicting the results of ECAC games, at some point I always find a box with the words "Type your comment here" superimposed over the text of the column, completely concealing whatever is written underneath.

Today, the box is located directly over the preview of the Colgate-RPI game.

I have no idea how to get the box out of the way so that I can read the preview.

Has anyone else had this problem? If so, has anyone figured out how to read the text that the box is masking?

Comment

I just thought of something... Today is National Wear Red Day. I wonder if that had any inspiration behind NBC selecting this game?

Comment

great preview article of 2nite's Cornell game from Joe Yerdon.
                        http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2...kiest-rivalry/
                        "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                          I just thought of something... Today is National Wear Red Day. I wonder if that had any inspiration behind NBC selecting this game?
                          My guess: No.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                            My guess: No.
                            That's what I thought.

BTW, nice palindromic post count (132231), at least for the next 2 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
                              great preview article of 2nite's Cornell game from Joe Yerdon.
                              http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2...kiest-rivalry/
                              Glad to see that I am not the only one to notice Curtis Leonard.
                              Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                              Benjamin Franklin
                              The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                              Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                                The team's played 44 games already, eh? Hopefully, the NCAA doesn't investigate this.
                                Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Working...
                                X