Lake forest going club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lake forest going club

Much of what we have seen around the mid-west especially with Lebannon Valley, word on the street is Lake Forest is looking to fold program to explore club options with the likes of Loyola, Robert Morris, etc, make perfect sense with the demographics.

Originally posted by TO THE POINT View Post
    Much of what we have seen around the mid-west especially with Lebannon Valley, word on the street is Lake Forest is looking to fold program to explore club options with the likes of Loyola, Robert Morris, etc, make perfect sense with the demographics.
    If that's true the NCHA is in trouble.
    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
    GO LAKERS!!!
    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

Comment

Re: Lake forest going club

Maybe this isn't going so well

But they do have a video of what is to come
      Last edited by norm1909; 01-22-2012, 08:14 AM.
      Larry Normandin
      SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
      WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Originally posted by prezdejohnson09 View Post
        if that's true the mcha is in trouble.
        fyp

Comment

Originally posted by OZFEST View Post
          fyp
          Ahh yes forgot they switched to the mcha a few years ago. Good call!
          The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
          "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
          GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
          GO LAKERS!!!
          GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
          "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
          Oswego State '09

Comment

The MCHA would still have 7 teams, which I believe is enough to keep the Pool A.

Of course, this would probably mean that the MCHA would go to a 24 game conference schedule.
            FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Let's hope this doesn't happen.
              St. Norbert College Green Knights
              NCHA regular season champs: 97-99, 02-08, 10-12, 14, 16, 19
              NCHA playoff champs: 98-99, 03-05, 07-08, 10-14, 17-19, 24
              NCAA Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2018
              ---
              SNC women: 2013 O'Brien Cup Champions

Comment

Well, this original poster has 3 posts. They're all Lake Forest related, and none of them really come out of left field. Although I agree with you, and I hope this isn't true, maybe there is some smoke to this fire. Especially when you consider their record the past couple seasons, including this year....

God, that was fun...

Comment

Wow, what is going on at Lake? Record alone isn't usually the reason for cutting a program. This strikes me as an odd move for a school that has its own rink and that just hired a good young coach. Even with the short recruiting season, they are carrying a large, full roster. I would love to hear from an insider everything that has gone on at Lake since Fritz left.

Comment

Unfortunately, I heard about this same possible scenario a few weeks back from some reliable sources, but it had a slightly different twist. The version I heard about said that at season's end LFC was going to re-evaluate the Men's hockey program to see if it warranted dropping down to ACHA I for the 2013-2014 campaign and beyond. The decision was supposedly open and not a done deal.

Some hockey people in SE Wisconsin were thinking that a school like Ripon, Carthage, or Beloit could get something going to fill in a possible void if this happened in the next 2-4 years. Although it would be highly unlikely that these schools would make that move.

The most likely result would be to keep the MCHA at 7 teams, change the schedule format, and have the ability to add more non conference games. With 7 teams the MCHA would still have the AQ.
                    2011-2012 NCHAMIACMCHA PICK'EM CHAMPION
                    2012-2013 NCHAMIACMCHA PICK'EM 2ND PLACE
                    THE NCHA -ADRIAN-AURORA-CONCORDIA (WI)-FINLANDIA-LAKE FOREST-LAWRENCE-MARIAN-MSOE-NORTHLAND-ST. NORBERT-ST. SCHOLASTICA

Comment

Always sad when a program decides to close up shop. I think it cheats the school, the fans, the coaches and the players when it happens. Hopefully some other schools will come into the fold.
                      Twitter: DanMountSports
                      2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

Let's not jump to conclusions quite yet, boys. I don't think this is coming out of left field, seeing as how this team is not competitive, and has not been for a couple seasons. I will concede that there is an awful lot of smoke here for there not to be a fire. But I would like to see something a bit more concrete before we start making contingency plans for the rest of D-3.

God, that was fun...

Comment

From the sound of this situation, it seems that former coach, Tony Fritz, left the program at the right time, in June 2010.
                          A class individual in every sense of the word. Had several great conversations with him during his tenure in the NCHA.
                          A once proud program may be falling into their own ashes.
                          SNC Men:
                          Five Time National Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014. 2018....
                          NCHA Champions: 1997, 1998, 1999, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017. 2018, 2019...
                          SNC Women:
                          O'Brien Cup Champions: 2013.

Comment

Hammer, there has been smoke rising and ambers burning in the LFC community since Coach Fritz retired in JUNE, without the the customary farewell tour afforded a coach that knew he was leaving and gave a school 32 classy years. Eyebrows raised as this happened in the middle of the recruiting and committing season. Could this have been perceived as a forshadowing of things to come coupled with the departure of 14 of the 16 recruits from the class of 'Fall 2009'?

It will be interesting to see what this supposed Spring Post Season Review reveals.
                            2011-2012 NCHAMIACMCHA PICK'EM CHAMPION
                            2012-2013 NCHAMIACMCHA PICK'EM 2ND PLACE
                            THE NCHA -ADRIAN-AURORA-CONCORDIA (WI)-FINLANDIA-LAKE FOREST-LAWRENCE-MARIAN-MSOE-NORTHLAND-ST. NORBERT-ST. SCHOLASTICA

Comment

At least we are gaining one DIII program in the East to keep the number of programs the same.
                              2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                              2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                              2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                              2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Working...
                              X