Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

St. Lawrence & Clarkson @ RPI & Union (1/27, 1/28)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• St. Lawrence & Clarkson @ RPI & Union (1/27, 1/28)

Can the new-found success for RPI continue?
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Re: St. Lawrence & Clarkson @ RPI & Union (1/27, 1/28)

Time to start a run and no place better than at home. Hope we get healthy and get ready for 2 more hard fought games. After this weekend we might have gotten a well needed shot of confidence. But we willo need more than that-we will need to be able to put more than 2 in the net against these two rivals.
    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
      Time to start a run and no place better than at home. Hope we get healthy and get ready for 2 more hard fought games. After this weekend we might have gotten a well needed shot of confidence. But we willo need more than that-we will need to be able to put more than 2 in the net against these two rivals.
      Agreed,. This would be a great time to start a run assuming that we can keep it up into the playoffs.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Pffffft, if we let 50 shots pepper our goalie for either of these games, we won't stand much of a chance in either.

I'm planning on driving down from the NC for these 2 on my way down to NYC. Hopefully I don't regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
          Pffffft, if we let 50 shots pepper our goalie for either of these games, we won't stand much of a chance in either.

I'm planning on driving down from the NC for these 2 on my way down to NYC. Hopefully I don't regret it.
          I too worry a bit about allowing so many shots (Clarkson got 50 last night). But with our 2 goalies (both of which I think are very capable) the number of shots simply will ot matter-if our defense plays a game which allows the goalie to see everything and if most of the shots come from outside and wide. Merrieam has proved that he can have some really good games nad from I have seen of Diebold i think we are in good hands for 3 more years. Against the 2 NC teams probably the most important thing is for our offense to be able to keep the puck in the opponent's end for longer stretches of time. And if they put a lot of shots on us, we have to create and put a lot of shots on them. This year, other than perhaps Union and Cornell, we should not be considered that much of an underdog against any of the other 9 ECAC teams.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
            I too worry a bit about allowing so many shots (Clarkson got 50 last night). But with our 2 goalies (both of which I think are very capable) the number of shots simply will ot matter-if our defense plays a game which allows the goalie to see everything and if most of the shots come from outside and wide. Merrieam has proved that he can have some really good games nad from I have seen of Diebold i think we are in good hands for 3 more years. Against the 2 NC teams probably the most important thing is for our offense to be able to keep the puck in the opponent's end for longer stretches of time. And if they put a lot of shots on us, we have to create and put a lot of shots on them. This year, other than perhaps Union and Cornell, we should not be considered that much of an underdog against any of the other 9 ECAC teams.
            As for CCT, the Union game down there the last few years has been one blow out after another. That one will tell a lot about this team. The RPI game I do not expect CCT to get 50 shots on RPI. Their goals last knight were on a screen shot from the point, two scrambles in the crease where CCT just kept knocking at rebounds and then one awful give away by SLU that lead to a goal. CCT speed really hurt SLU and CCT won all the battle along the boards and in the corners. Should be another great game between 2 great schools. LGT LGT LGT
            Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
            And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
            WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
            If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Will Clarksons pep band be making the trip to Troy this year? An added band in the Field House gives the game a bigger feel in my opinion. Also makes for some interesting banter between the two bands. Either way, Im looking forward to seeing if RPI can build off of its weekend sweep. Both games vs. the north country are always tough and these should be no different.
              Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

Unless I'm mistaken, this weekend's games will mark the first time since November 15 that RPI will play at home while the students are on campus.

I would imagine that the atmosphere at the Field House will be a little more charged than it has been in quite a while.

Comment

Originally posted by Waite21 View Post
                  Unless I'm mistaken, this weekend's games will mark the first time since November 15 that RPI will play at home while the students are on campus.

I would imagine that the atmosphere at the Field House will be a little more charged than it has been in quite a while.
                  I hope you are correct-but it just seems there is a certain element of apathy amongst the student body about supporting the hockey team. Nothing new this year-this has been the case for a while. But any extra support and bodies in the seats of HFH would be nice. I certainly hope that when we are on national TV as we were against dartmouth, that the HFH would look crowded and be as loud as the old days.

Comment

Disregard tHP1015's attendance for these games, work has changed my schedule and I will not be flying to NY until Fri evening now.

Comment

Disregard tHP1015's attendance for these games, work has changed my schedule and I will not be flying to NY until Fri evening now.
                      We will miss you.
                      Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                        We will miss you.
                        I know you're especially heartbroken over this news.

Comment

I know you're especially heartbroken over this news.
                          I am.
                          Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by vicb View Post
                            CCT speed really hurt SLU and CCT won all the battle along the boards and in the corners.
                            You know Vic I find your comment ironic as SLU is a skating team (or supposed to be). We must have really, really been flat as a pancake. I talked to a friend who was at the game and he said he felt the SLU players, many of whom were freshman, were really intimidated by the crowd and then when your Knights started strong that lack of confidence begat more lack of confidence which begat getting beat to the puck and standing around instead of hustling and skating.

The other reason I found the comment interesting is I had talked to a couple of SLU players prior to the Lake Placid game and they couldn't wait to get Clarkson on the big sheet as they felt their superior speed and skating would win out on the big sheet.

So much for that.

Brandon......so sorry to hear you won't be making it. I was looking forward to seeing you at the games.
                            SLU

Comment

Originally posted by fishcore12 View Post
                              Will Clarksons pep band be making the trip to Troy this year?
                              Yup. Expect to see a lot of two-band games in the next couple of weeks. We're pretty sure Cornell is coming on the 3rd and Colgate has already told us that they will be attending Freakout!
                              RPI Pep Band
                              GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
                              🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
                              2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
                              2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Working...
                              X