Merrimack at UNH (Saturday)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Merrimack at UNH (Saturday)

1-1 at the end of the first period. Merrimack gets the opening goal at 3:06 by Brett Blye (sp?). UNH ties it at 17:39 on a goal from Damon Kipp off a screen.

Whatever happens, this one certainly can't end any worse than the Bruins-Rangers game did today.

FWIW, I live in NYC's signal area, so I virtually NEVER get to see the Bruins.

What happens? B's hampered by a 5 minute major with just over 3 minutes left in the 5 minute overtime.

On the ensuing power play, there's a faceoff with just 17 seconds left. Rangers score to win it on a double rebound from right in front with 3 seconds left.
    Last edited by snively; 01-21-2012, 06:56 PM.

Re: Merrimack at UNH (Saturday)

Glad to see the WBIN broadcast quality is improving since the first game they showed. Enjoying the game with a Tavern Ale from White Birch Brewing in Hooksett. Highly recommend most of their beers, especially their Night Falls barrel aged American wild ale.

Comment

Originally posted by smitre View Post
      Glad to see the WBIN broadcast quality is improving since the first game they showed. Enjoying the game with a Tavern Ale from White Birch Brewing in Hooksett. Highly recommend most of their beers, especially their Night Falls barrel aged American wild ale.
      Welcome aboard, smitre -- lonely here with Chad and buddies having journeyed in for this weekend.

At this end, it's Victory Storm King -- an outstanding stout brewed in Downington PA. Perfect cold weather brew. www.ratebeer.com reviewers give it a score of 100 on a 100 point scale. Hard to argue with that rave review.

http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/victory...ial-stout/626/

Comment

What was I thinking of other than beer?

Oh yes -- the game.

4:43 left in the second period, still 1-1.

Comment

Kevin Goumas to the sin bin with 1:06 left in the second period, his apparent goal waved off.

And Merrimack grabs the lead on a PP goal by Singleton with 46 tick left. Merrimack grabs its second lead -- 2-1 Warriors.

Comment

Originally posted by snively View Post
            Kevin Goumas to the sin bin with 1:06 left in the second period, his apparent goal waved off.

And Merrimack grabs the lead on a PP goal by Singleton with 46 tick left. Merrimack grabs its second lead -- 2-1 Warriors.
            it was definitely a goal, Cannata backed it in himself before any scrum happened.

Comment

Originally posted by Gibber View Post
              it was definitely a goal, Cannata backed it in himself before any scrum happened.
              Thanks, Gibber (and welcome).

Had to delete the players/musician post. Though it was on Merrimack's website under "Men's Hockey", it evidently is'nt their 2011-2012 roster.

Comment

Originally posted by Gibber View Post
                So effectively a two goal error by the officials. Ouch.

Comment

UNH to the power play as Kolomatis gets 2 minutes. Still 2-1 2-1 Warriors

And Connor Hardowa gets the equalizer with 11:04 left. PPG, now tied at 2 all.

Comment

Nice pass by Nick Sorkin sets it up.

Comment

Still 2-2 with 5:47 left in regulation.

Comment

2 all, 3:19 to go in the third.

Comment

My few thoughts from tonight's game...

While it is still a work in progress I feel MUCH better about the defense than the first couple months of the season. Hopefully this bodes well for the long term future with four of seven defenders (DeSmith included) being first year players.

I look forward to seeing where Downing's play is in a couple years. He does not show the flashy side of some of the top UNH forwards of the past decade+ but his awareness and soft hands really stand out.

It has been said before but Henrion is not a playmaker. I love watching his hard shot when he gets set up but things rarely turn out well when he tries to get creative beating the defense.

Comment

Off to overtime we go, 2-2.

Fingers crossed it doesn't end as tragically as the Bruins/Rangers one did today (from my perspective).

Comment

Good stuff, smitre. As usual, all I have to go by is the radio feed.

Comment

Working...
                              X