Ohio State vs Minnesota State 10/20 - 10/21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ohio State vs Minnesota State 10/20 - 10/21

The Buckeye Women's Hockey team just completed a split at Bemidji State, which wasn't a bad thing, although it did not get us any recognition in the polls (Bemidji is in the top ten and we took 8 of 12 points from them this season). Thankfully, we come home to face the last place team in the WCHA, Minnesota State. This is a team that we swept on the road, so I have to believe we can pull off a sweep at home. We currently stand two points behind fourth place North Dakota and three points behind third place Minnesota-Duluth, so this is a prime weekend to move up in the WCHA Standings. I believe our team will take care of business this weekend at home and will be at both games to cheer them on. We have to get six points this weekend. Go Buckeye Womens Hockey!

Re: Ohio State vs Minnesota State 10/20 - 10/21

*und is 3rd, umd is 4th

I believe that osu MUST get 6 points this weekend or else the respect the fans are demanding wouldn't seem appropriate. with that being said i believe the buckeyes will sweep mankota quite easily!

UNIVERSITY OF NORTH DAKOTA WOMEN'S HOCKEY

WCHA Regular Season Champions:
    WCHA Playoff Champions:
    NCAA Tournament Appearances: 2012
    NCAA Championships:

http://www.leaderpost.com/sports/Reg...005/story.html

Comment

Originally posted by northhockey View Post
      *und is 3rd, umd is 4th

I believe that osu MUST get 6 points this weekend or else the respect the fans are demanding wouldn't seem appropriate. with that being said i believe the buckeyes will sweep mankota quite easily!
      You are correct on the standings. They have been updated. I agree with you, too, we need to get six points this weekend. We have done fine against Bemidji and played other top ten teams tough, aside from getting thumped twice at UND. What has really killed us this season is ties with teams that we should have beaten, like Niagara and Princeton, not to mention the loss at St. Cloud. We haven't done the best job this season of beating teams we're supposed to beat. Had we done that, we wouldn't be on the outside looking in when it comes to the rankings.

Comment

The Bemidji results can best be described by an old Rolling Stones song: You can't always get what you want. But if you try sometime, you just might find... you get what you need.

The split gives us the season series with Bemidji. That's a nice tiebreaker to have. The split does leave us with the same conference won-loss record as the Beavers. Still, we have a 1 point lead in the standings. But most importantly, we control our own destiny in the head-to-head race. Beyond that, I've got to believe that if we do enough to get past UMD and/or North Dakota, those points will be enough to keep Bemidji at bay.

But yes: It's very hard to imagine any of those good things happening in the absence of a sweep at home this weekend against the Mavericks. Go Bucks!
        Last edited by pgb-ohio; 01-18-2012, 09:47 AM. Reason: clarify current standings

Comment

Pgb ... kind of an off-topic question, but is there a 'skate with the team' this Saturday? Do I need to load up the skates for Saturday?

Comment

Load 'em up. Yes, there's a skate with the team. And while it doesn't seem possible, apparently it's the last one of the season.

Comment

Sounds good! It does seem strange that it is the last one of the season.

Comment

Hey Pgb, I don't want to jinx us, but I made sure I set out a hat to take to the game tomorrow! No offense to Minnesota State, but I feel a hat trick coming tomorrow night, and I actually want to be prepared this time! ;-) Watching the Jackets right now ... ho hum ... another second intermission deficit. If I didn't love hockey so much, I might not be watching! But, (sigh), I was raised to root for the hometown teams ... Cleveland pro teams, CBJ, etc.. It's part of my DNA I guess.

Comment

A true breakout weekend would be great. Here's to hoping the hat is tossed early in the series. The only downside is that you'd have to go to the Pro Shop to get more "ammo."

Comment

Originally posted by osualum86 View Post
                    Hey Pgb, I don't want to jinx us, but I made sure I set out a hat to take to the game tomorrow! No offense to Minnesota State, but I feel a hat trick coming tomorrow night, and I actually want to be prepared this time! ;-)
                    Well the Buckeyes got three and the win, but ya had to hang on to your hat.
                    Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by brookyone View Post
                      Well the Buckeyes got three and the win, but ya had to hang on to your hat.
                      What did you hang on to Brokey?

Comment

Originally posted by CanHockGuy View Post
                        What did you hang on to Brokey?
                        Come on Brokey, the game was close with your favourite team tonight. Resting up?

Comment

I got to hang onto my hat for tonight, but I was happy with the 3-1 win. Goals were scored by Tina Hollowell, Ally Tarr, and Laura McIntosh! Way to go girls! Let's get another three points tomorrow!

Comment

Originally posted by osualum86 View Post
                            I got to hang onto my hat for tonight, but I was happy with the 3-1 win. Goals were scored by Tina Hollowell, Ally Tarr, and Laura McIntosh! Way to go girls! Let's get another three points tomorrow!
                            Good luck ...

Comment

The Unofficial Three Stars for Friday's game are now available on the WCHA thread.

FYI & FWIW: A very busy weekend schedule may delay the posting of Saturday's stars. Don't lose faith; it will appear.

EDIT: An abbreviated version of the 3 Stars is now posted for the Saturday Game.
                              Last edited by pgb-ohio; 01-22-2012, 11:44 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X