Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you're trying to find out 2012 NCAA Tourny info - Forget about it!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you're trying to find out 2012 NCAA Tourny info - Forget about it!

The NCAA in it's infinite wisdom has restricted access to Championship Handbooks to "Registered NCAA Members"

http://www.ncaa.org/wps/portal/ncaah...ship+handbooks

Unless you have a friend in an Athletic Office, you're SOL. Which means, frankly, that selection committee can do what it wants, because nobody outside of the club knows what the criteria are!!

I am not amused.
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Originally posted by joecct View Post
    The NCAA in it's infinite wisdom has restricted access to Championship Handbooks to "Registered NCAA Members"

Unless you have a friend in an Athletic Office, you're SOL. Which means, frankly, that selection committee can do what it wants, because nobody outside of the club knows what the criteria are!!

I am not amused.
    Just doing what is best for the student athlete.

Comment

Re: If you're trying to find out 2012 NCAA Tourny info - Forget about it!

Oh, this is going to be lovely, roughly one month from now.
      FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post

I am not amused.
        This will just increase the second guessing tenfold. You thought it was bad before, it's about to get worse if this is the case.
        The difference will be, now we will second guess what the criteria are AND the implementation of the criteria when the teams are picked. This is a running joke waiting to happen.
        Our bite is worse than our bark....
        Top guys, out.

Comment

if you like you can see the D1 guide, why not the D3???

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
            The entire D1 selection process is completely transparent. They know exactly what is going to happen every year and then the selection show just makes it official.
            The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
            "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
            GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
            GO LAKERS!!!
            GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
            "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
            Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
              The entire D1 selection process is completely transparent. They know exactly what is going to happen every year and then the selection show just makes it official.
              Transparency sounds good to me! Always been a head scratcher to me why D3 wouldn't follow suit?
              Sergei Fedorov, at the conclusion of his final season as a Red Wing.

"I just don't know what to think. I play in Colorado, they tell me they like me, and I get traded. I play in Calgary, and at the end of the season the GM tells me he likes me, and I get traded. I just hope my fiancee doesn't tell me she likes me."

Comment

Originally posted by NEHockeyFan07 View Post
                Transparency sounds good to me! Always been a head scratcher to me why D3 wouldn't follow suit?
                It's RIT's fault.

Comment

Originally posted by NEHockeyFan07 View Post
                  They have .....NO CLASS

Comment

They have .....NO CLASS
                    I thought it was SIMPLE MATH!!
                    FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

That's last year's D-I handbook. You can't see the 2011-12 D-I ice hockey handbook either.
                      CCT '77 & '78
                      4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

Sooooooo...does Prez have access to one of these? I can't see how anything could possibly go wrong for anyone if he were to scan it in and post a PDF, and I say this as a man who used to deliver paperwork to lawyers.
                        Go Cards: win or lose, The Better Team.
                        A Lot of (Sometimes Tainted) SUNYAC Championships
                        A Handful of ECAC West Championships
                        A Number of NCAA Appearances, Including Several Trips to the Final Four, Though Some of Them Don't Count
                        Some National Championships:
                        Women's (THIS YEAR, LAST YEAR, A Couple Years Back, '08, '07)
                        Men's (Wow Look at the Time Pass, A While before That)

Comment

Originally posted by Dyce View Post
                          Sooooooo...does Prez have access to one of these? I can't see how anything could possibly go wrong for anyone if he were to scan it in and post a PDF, and I say this as a man who used to deliver paperwork to lawyers.
                          I'm on it.
                          The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                          "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                          GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                          GO LAKERS!!!
                          GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                          "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                          Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by Dyce View Post
                            Be careful. The NCAA has its reasons for doing things. Somebody may get their press credentials revoked.
                            CCT '77 & '78
                            4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Why doesn't Division-III adopt the PairWise Ranking system used to mimic the method by the selection committee to determine teams for the Division-I men's hockey tournament?

Is there really a definitive answer?
                              Plattsburgh State Cardinals
                              1992 & 2001 NCAA Division III Ice Hockey Champions
                              21 SUNYAC Championships

Comment

Working...
                              X