8	Adrian		9-4-0	141	9
    8	St. Norbert	7-4-4	141	6
    10	Utica		11-4-0	130	10
    11	Williams	8-1-2	99	13
    12	Milwaukee School 10-3-0	79	12
    13	Elmira		8-5-1	60	11
    14	St. Thomas	9-3-2	45	NR
    15	Gustavus Adolphus9-4-2	37	NR
    Others receiving votes: Wisconsin-Superior 19, Wisconsin-Eau Claire 8, Bowdoin 7, Middlebury 3, St. Scholastica 3, Hobart 2, Wentworth 2, Buffalo State 1, Fredonia 1, Johnson and Wales 1, Wesleyan 1.
    And to compare, the d3hockey.com poll. A few more surprises here, with Plattsburgh at #2 and Oswego at #3:

Code:
    #	School (1st votes)	Rec	Pts	Prev.
    1	Norwich (20)	10-0-1	300	1
    2	Plattsburgh State10-2-3	272	5
    3	Oswego State	10-2-2	256	2
    4	UW-River Falls	11-2-2	221	4
    5	Neumann	          10-3	219	8
    6	Castleton State	  12-3	203	3
    7	Utica	         11-4	170	7
    8	St. Norbert	7-4-4	127	6
    9	Elmira	 8-5-1	124	9
    10	Amherst	 9-2-1	107	10
    11	Williams	8-1-2	87	NR
    12	UW-Eau Claire	10-6	75	14
    13	Gustavus Adolphus9-4-2	54	NR
    13	UW-Superior	8-5-2	54	11
    15	Adrian	9-4	40	12

Dropped Out: Middlebury, St. Scholastica

Others receiving votes: St. Thomas 39, Middlebury 19, MSOE 18, UW-Stevens Point 6, St. Scholastica 3, Bowdoin 2, Wentworth 1
    Last edited by LakerFan99; 01-09-2012, 01:32 PM.

Re: New Poll 1/9

Now I'm 100% sure these two polls are watching different seasons. To have Elmira still in the top 10 is ridiculous, and to have CSC drop to 6th with Neumann moving ahead of them is a pretty bad move to. Other head scratching moves are having Adrian ranked as low as 15 and Eau Claire in opposed to St. Thomas or MSOE. It's amazing how much of a difference you could have between two polls. Be interested to see what the computer rankings say on D3hockey.com when they come out.

Comment

Originally posted by thatswhatshesaid View Post
      Now I'm 100% sure these two polls are watching different seasons. To have Elmira still in the top 10 is ridiculous, and to have CSC drop to 6th with Neumann moving ahead of them is a pretty bad move to. Other head scratching moves are having Adrian ranked as low as 15 and Eau Claire in opposed to St. Thomas or MSOE. It's amazing how much of a difference you could have between two polls. Be interested to see what the computer rankings say on D3hockey.com when they come out.
      I agree Elmira is falling apart but I think CSC is spot on. CSC has not beat a top 5 team. You have to beat a top 5 team to ranked in the top 5.
      (OR ATLEAST TIE THEM LIKE PSU)

Comment

Just my opinion but I think Plattsburgh should now be rated 2 and Oswego 3 to reflect the recent play of the two clubs. Elmira is still an excellent team based on there schedule-2 losses to Oswego included at the start of the year. I have seen Norwich, Plattsburgh, Castleton, and Elmira play and there is not a whole lot of difference talent wise between the 4 three clubs.
        Last edited by hawk; 01-09-2012, 04:58 PM.
        2009-2010 Last Person Standing winner
        2009-2010 Interlock LPS winner

Comment

Originally posted by hawk View Post
          Just my opinion but I think Plattsburgh should now be rated 2 and Oswego 3 to reflect the recent play of the two clubs. Elmira is still an excellent team based on there schedule-2 losses to Oswego included at the start of the year. I have seen Norwich, Plattsburgh, Castleton, and Elmira play and there is not a whole lot of difference talent wise between the 3 three clubs.
          A little bird told me that the d3hockey.com computer rankings will have Oswego and Plattsburgh in a dead heat for second
          2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
          2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
          2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
          2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
            A little bird told me that the d3hockey.com computer rankings will have Oswego and Plattsburgh in a dead heat for second
            Was it a RED bird?
            Larry Normandin
            SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
            WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Seems to me that the d 3 hockey poll is a little more generous to the Western teams at the bottom of the top 15. Being a Westscout, I like it. The MIAC this year is deeper than it has ever been. The scores last weekend indicate that. Even the teams that lost were in close games. The NCHA is solid as well. River Falls is solid and UWS&UWEC are very strong. SNC and Point are very good as well.

INHO, the West is much deeper than the EAST this year, but the records don't show it, because they don't have as many teams to schedule. Every game is a battle when you get West of Adrian College.

Westscout

Comment

I don't understand how Adrian and SNC are still so high yet Elmira plummetted.

Elmira has three wins against teams in the top 8 and three of their losses are to teams in the top 2. Who have Adrian and SNC beaten to warrant their rankings?
                The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                GO LAKERS!!!
                GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                Oswego State '09

Comment

I have to agree with:

PrezdeJohnson09

I don't understand how Adrian and SNC are still so high yet Elmira plummetted.

Elmira has three wins against teams in the top 8 and three of their losses are to teams in the top 2. Who have Adrian and SNC beaten to warrant their rankings?

SNC/ Adrian vs MIAC this year

SNC record this weekend with MIAC teams was a tie and loss, - 2011-12 record MIAC 1-1-2 (one win)
                  Adrian lose to St. Thomas (Adrian Tournament) only MIAC game in 2011-12

Does this justify higher ranking then UST/St.Olaf ?

Comment

Not really. But what do they know.

Comment

Originally posted by LakerFan99 View Post
                      And to compare, the d3hockey.com poll. A few more surprises here, with Plattsburgh at #2 and Oswego at #3:
                      I'm not so sure its a real "surprise". Take out an over rated Elmira team, who has Oswego beat? If you take out Elmira Oswego is 0-2-1 against ranked opponents while Plattsburgh is 2-1-2. Big games for BOTH teams this weekend.

Originally posted by thatswhatshesaid
                      As someone has pointed out, Castleton is 1-3 vs Ranked teams with the one win coming against Utica in a game they were outplayed for much of the game while Neumann is just coming off of a win over #2/#3 Oswego. I don't have the stats in front of me, but of the other games the teams have played so far I have a feeling Neumann has had the stronger SOS. Much like above, I think you could easily make a case for either team. It wouldn't be a far stretch to have either team where they are.

Elmira...agree 100%....I'd even go as far to see they need to be dropped out of the top 15. 1-2-1 over the last 4 with loses to Geneseo, Brockport, and Fitchburg...that kind of record not something you would expect from a top 15 team, let alone a top 10.

Adrian...is 2-3 in NC play this year with their wins coming against Geneseo (not impressive this year) and UWSP who Im not sure is a barn burner of a team either. And their 3 loses...UWEC, St.Thomas, and was just blown out by UWSP.

St. Thomas....still boggles my mind why there is no respect for the Thommies...is that Buff St loss really that hurtful in voter eyes? Are people saying Concordia who?

MSOE...sorry...play and beat someone. Losing to St.Marys and Bethel.....

Originally posted by westscout
                      INHO, the West is much deeper than the EAST this year, but the records don't show it, because they don't have as many teams to schedule. Every game is a battle when you get West of Adrian College
                      I don't know..the west is a mere 2-5-1 vs the East this year...We've seen last place teams in each league give battles to the #1 teams in almost every league.

Originally posted by delfan
                      SNC/ Adrian vs MIAC this year

SNC record this weekend with MIAC teams was a tie and loss, - 2011-12 record MIAC 1-1-2 (one win)
                      Adrian lose to St. Thomas (Adrian Tournament) only MIAC game in 2011-12

Does this justify higher ranking then UST/St.Olaf ?
                      And as I stated above, Elmira has LOST to Geneseo and BROCKPORT...and just tied Fitchburg...1-2-1 with their lone win coming over the last place 2 win SUNYAC team Morrisville who has given up 4 or more goals 11 of 14 games this year. If it wasn't for their win(s) over Neumann, Elmira would be dust in the wind right now.
                      Remy Babineaux
                      remyb616@gmail.com
                      D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
                        I'm not so sure its a real "surprise". Take out an over rated Elmira team, who has Oswego beat? If you take out Elmira Oswego is 0-2-1 against ranked opponents while Plattsburgh is 2-1-2. Big games for BOTH teams this weekend.

As someone has pointed out, Castleton is 1-3 vs Ranked teams with the one win coming against Utica in a game they were outplayed for much of the game while Neumann is just coming off of a win over #2/#3 Oswego. I don't have the stats in front of me, but of the other games the teams have played so far I have a feeling Neumann has had the stronger SOS. Much like above, I think you could easily make a case for either team. It wouldn't be a far stretch to have either team where they are.

Elmira...agree 100%....I'd even go as far to see they need to be dropped out of the top 15. 1-2-1 over the last 4 with loses to Geneseo, Brockport, and Fitchburg...that kind of record not something you would expect from a top 15 team, let alone a top 10.

Adrian...is 2-3 in NC play this year with their wins coming against Geneseo (not impressive this year) and UWSP who Im not sure is a barn burner of a team either. And their 3 loses...UWEC, St.Thomas, and was just blown out by UWSP.

St. Thomas....still boggles my mind why there is no respect for the Thommies...is that Buff St loss really that hurtful in voter eyes? Are people saying Concordia who?

MSOE...sorry...play and beat someone. Losing to St.Marys and Bethel.....

I don't know..the west is a mere 2-5-1 vs the East this year...We've seen last place teams in each league give battles to the #1 teams in almost every league.

And as I stated above, Elmira has LOST to Geneseo and BROCKPORT...and just tied Fitchburg...1-2-1 with their lone win coming over the last place 2 win SUNYAC team Morrisville who has given up 4 or more goals 11 of 14 games this year. If it wasn't for their win(s) over Neumann, Elmira would be dust in the wind right now.
                        Elmira is far from overrated.

They've certainly hit a rough patch but they completely dominated Fitchburg in all facets of the game and just couldn't solve Leiser. The kid was playing out of his dome. He would have done the same thing to numerous other top D-III teams that night.

Their losses to Brockport and Geneseo aren't great on paper but consider the fact the whole team caught the sick bug during those games you can start to see why they had less than stellar results against them.

I've seen Elmira play four times this year and they've got the goods...it's just a matter of getting all the pieces to fit together. Oswego and Norwich are two of the best teams that you will find and having three of your five losses to them is nothing to slouch over. Their other two losses came with the team far from 100 percent.

Elmira has dominated the ECAC West which is still dominating the other conferences in head to head matchups so that should count for something. Are they in serious trouble for NCAA's right now? You bet, but that doesn't take away from the talent this team has and they could conceivably go the rest of the season undefeated or drop one game.

Every team hits its ruts. It wasn't that long ago we were talking about Plattsburgh having a rough go of it with no scoring and no offense being generated yada yada yada and all that came out of your mouth was how Plattsburgh can't compete with Oswego, Norwich, SNC, and Elmira etc's packages....Now Plattsburgh is on the upswing and that talk suddenly disappears.
                        The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                        "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                        GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                        GO LAKERS!!!
                        GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                        "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                        Oswego State '09

Comment

So how long do the pollsters continue to give SNC and Adrian credit for last season instead of looking at their body of work this year. Seems to me they have clearly showed they are nowhere near as good as they have been in recent years but continue to be top 10 teams. I'm not saying UWSP should be in the top 15 with the overall record they have, but look at who they beaten. SNC 5-1, Adrian 6-2, UWEC, tied UWS, UWRF, and lost 2-1 in River, lost to Gustavous 2-1 in OT, and these guys can't even get a vote, "come on man".

Comment

Originally posted by tucker6 View Post
                            so how long do the pollsters continue to give snc and adrian credit for last season instead of looking at their body of work this year. Seems to me they have clearly showed they are nowhere near as good as they have been in recent years but continue to be top 10 teams. I'm not saying uwsp should be in the top 15 with the overall record they have, but look at who they beaten. Snc 5-1, adrian 6-2, uwec, tied uws, uwrf, and lost 2-1 in river, lost to gustavous 2-1 in ot, and these guys can't even get a vote, "come on man".
                            What he said.

Comment

One year ago ...

Code:
                              USCHO.com Division III Men's Poll - January 10, 2011
                               Team (First Place Votes) Record Points Last Poll 
                              1 Oswego (10) 15-2-0 290 2 
                              1 St. Norbert (10) 13-2-0 290 1 
                              3 Norwich  8-4-1 218 7 
                              4 Bowdoin  8-2-0 213 4 
                              4 Manhattanville  12-3-1 213 6 
                              6 Geneseo  10-3-2 176 8 
                              7 Williams  7-2-1 165 3 
                              8 Adrian  10-3-0 155 9 
                              9 Milwaukee School of  11-2-0 129 11 
                              10 Castleton  10-2-0 93 12 
                              11 Hamline  8-3-2 87 10 
                              11 Utica  11-4-0 87 13 
                              13 Gustavus Adolphus  9-5-1 71 5 
                              13 Plattsburgh  10-4-1 71 NR 
                              15 Neumann  8-4-3 53 14 
                              Others Receiving Votes: Wisconsin-Eau Claire 21, Wisconsin-Stout 21, Hobart 11, Wisconsin-Superior 9, Amherst 8,
                              Massachusetts-Boston 8, St. Thomas 5, Hamilton 4, Massachusetts-Dartmouth 2
                              Larry Normandin
                              SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
                              WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Working...
                              X