Scsu @ cc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scsu @ cc

Well does anybody care enough to discuss the games this weekend? The Huskies are in must sweep mode pretty much the rest of the year. I doubt that will happen since they can't sweep anybody.... The good thing is these two teams usually play two high tempo up an down the ice games so the people going should have exciting hockey hockey to watch this weekend.
    I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Re: Scsu @ cc

We are at CC this weekend and we usually do fairly well at World Arena. Split.
    Originally posted by Skeeterman
    Lady Wore Black is a hottie.
    "I love hockey, it is such a great sport. I love how the outfielders use their baseball bats to hit the ball across the ice field, pass the punter for nothing but net shot from downtown." - Unknown

"No matter what happens in college hockey tournament, the Yankees will not win the World Series this year." - Mr. wore Black

Comment

Our fanbase seems particularly down this season. Sounds like we haven't been able to even bring in 3000 actual people the past few home games. That's sad.

I think split this weekend, and I think the team might at least make things interesting by the end of the year again.
      SCSU Hockey: 2001 WCHA Playoff Champions, 2013 WCHA Champions & Frozen Four, 2014 NCHC Champions, 2016 NCHC Playoff Champions
      UMD Women: 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2010
      Gopher Football: 1934, 1935, 1936, 1940, 1941, 1960
      Johnnie Football: 1963, 1965, 1976, 2003
      UMD Football: 2008, 2010
      UMD Men: 2011

Comment

We do well in Colorado Springs, and CC is a team that we like to see; a fast, high-powered team not afraid to get in a shootout that isn't known for being overly physical... so basically us in different colored jerseys. The other thing is, we got embarassed by them last year at home, and I hope our boys use that as extra fuel.

I unlike a lot think we could actually win this series, and feel that a split is very likely. I just want a win on Friday... then we're playing with the house's money on the road against a good opponent. Losing Friday puts our backs up against the wall.
        tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by HumRsky View Post
          Our fanbase seems particularly down this season. Sounds like we haven't been able to even bring in 3000 actual people the past few home games. That's sad.

I think split this weekend, and I think the team might at least make things interesting by the end of the year again.
          Interesting how? Unless they go on some 10 game or so win streak the only way they make the NCAA is to win the final five. Only twice has a team that plays the play in game won and for us to move up that far they would ahve to go on a huge win streak. Not saying it can't be done, but I will believe it when I see it.......

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Originally posted by scsutommyboy View Post
            Interesting how? Unless they go on some 10 game or so win streak the only way they make the NCAA is to win the final five. Only twice has a team that plays the play in game won and for us to move up that far they would ahve to go on a huge win streak. Not saying it can't be done, but I will believe it when I see it.......
            And those two times were the last three years.
            So we have to win the Final Five to get in, sounds like everyone but UMD and UMN might have to do that with how poor the conference has been in non-conference play.
            That could make for some interesting hockey, whether we make the tournament or not.
            They have been playing much better the last couple of series, especially on defense.
            Very winable series out there.
            "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
            -Gallagher

R.I.P.
            Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
            Grandma ~ Jan 2004
            Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
            Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

the last two series in st cloud have been over students winter break so it is not surprising that the number of fans/students are down. My predication for the series is a win for cc and a tie the second night. scsu is not going to have any sort of push for the tourny. they had early season loses with leblanc and lee and now have recently lost MacMillan and Reid. Any hope for the husky's lays a couple seasons in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by MNcollegeHockey View Post
                the last two series in st cloud have been over students winter break so it is not surprising that the number of fans/students are down. My predication for the series is a win for cc and a tie the second night. scsu is not going to have any sort of push for the tourny. they had early season loses with leblanc and lee and now have recently lost MacMillan and Reid. Any hope for the husky's lays a couple seasons in the future.
                Reid didn't leave

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                  Reid didn't leave
                  Just saw multiple reports on Twitter that he is leaving
                  This is THE State of Hockey. Check your teams roster. I bet there are some Minnesotans on it
                  www.***********/johnnyredshoes

Comment

Here is the article from the SC Times http://www.sctimes.com/article/20120...|text|Umbrella
                    This is THE State of Hockey. Check your teams roster. I bet there are some Minnesotans on it

Comment

Originally posted by johnnyredshoes View Post
                      Just saw multiple reports on Twitter that he is leaving
                      http://www.sctimes.com/article/20120109/SPORTS0401/101090057/Reid-leaves-SCSU-hockey-team
                      Originally posted by SJHovey
                      Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                      Originally posted by Brenthoven
                      We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Originally posted by MNcollegeHockey View Post
                        the last two series in st cloud have been over students winter break so it is not surprising that the number of fans/students are down. .
                        Obviously attendance will be down some, but in recent years the announced attendance for games during break was 5500+, not 4000. I guessing actual attendance in those years was around 4000-4500, not 2700.

As for making it interesting, I mean like last season where we went on a little run and were in contention for home ice. The hole isn't as deep this season, and we've lost a lot of close games. It seems in recent years that when we lose a lot of close games in the first half, we tend to flip those results in the second. I'm not predicting a tournament birth at this point, just a team that remains relevant enough to continue following.
                        SCSU Hockey: 2001 WCHA Playoff Champions, 2013 WCHA Champions & Frozen Four, 2014 NCHC Champions, 2016 NCHC Playoff Champions
                        UMD Women: 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2010
                        Gopher Football: 1934, 1935, 1936, 1940, 1941, 1960
                        Johnnie Football: 1963, 1965, 1976, 2003
                        UMD Football: 2008, 2010
                        UMD Men: 2011

Comment

This year will be tougher to make a run, they have the hardest remaining schedule in the WCHA. If we could go in a run the s.o.s could work in our favor, but not likely. This team has yet to play 2 complete games on a weekend. As somebody mentioned earlier, sweeps are needed. Not gonna sweep NoDak, not gonna sweep the gophers, won't sweep Sconnie in Madtown, end the season with the #1 team at home. Splitting those series will be a huge feat to accomplish.

Comment

First off, I call bs. Reid had 24 hours to decide? Then why were there rumors BEFORE WMU? I had no issues with Nodl leaving after two, but leaving midseason bc that was an opportunity he "couldn't pass up?" Bull****. And leaving a team that already is thin at F, **** that.

And yes, we can sweep UND at home. Yes, we can sweep UW in Madison.

Comment

Cam Reid leaving mid season is a chicken s**t move!!! Obviously his comment about school being a struggle tells me that is a big reason he left.........

I hope I am wrong, but I have feeling this was the nail in the coffin for this year.

In Bob we Trust!

Comment

Working...
                              X