2012 Alaska Governor's Cup: A battle of like-minded schools

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2012 Alaska Governor's Cup: A battle of like-minded schools

Well, we are only seven weeks away from the best rivalry nobody has ever heard of, a rivalry noteworthy enough that the Anchorage Daily News actually stops covering prep spelling bees and writes an article about it.

A quick refresher on how this thread works every year:

Nanook Fan: UAA sucks and is inferior.
    Seawolf Fan: UAF sucks and is also inferior.

Carry on, my fellow Alaskans!
    “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Re: 2012 Alaska Governor's Cup: A battle of like-minded schools

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
    Well, we are only seven weeks away from the best rivalry nobody has ever heard of, a rivalry noteworthy enough that the Anchorage Daily News actually stops covering prep spelling bees and writes an article about it.

A quick refresher on how this thread works every year:

Nanook Fan: UAA sucks and is inferior.
    Seawolf Fan: UAF sucks and is also inferior.

Carry on, my fellow Alaskans!
    Come on…..the _airbanks locals love Governor Cup week because the _airbanks Daily News-miner that week and that week only cuts the Public Safety Report short to carry the Alaska Airlines Governor Cup stories. Usually when going north to the frozen village on the slough I am asked to bring fresh produce and Vegetables if staying with somebody but this year all they ask is pack your luggage full of seasoned fire wood. Going to _airbanks in the winter is like camping under a tarp, all you smell is wood smoke.
    Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
    UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

The only reason the ADN doesn't have a public safety report is because Fairview and Mountain View alone would take up the whole paper.

Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
      Come on…..the _airbanks locals love Governor Cup week because the _airbanks Daily News-miner that week and that week only cuts the Public Safety Report short to carry the Alaska Airlines Governor Cup stories. Usually when going north to the frozen village on the slough I am asked to bring fresh produce and Vegetables if staying with somebody but this year all they ask is pack your luggage full of seasoned fire wood. Going to _airbanks in the winter is like camping under a tarp, all you smell is wood smoke.
      “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

Comment

The only reason the ADN doesn't have a public safety report is because Fairview and Mountain View alone would take up the whole paper.
        And it would read like a Who’s Who from _airbanks waiting for a room at the Red Nose Inn.
        UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Comment

isn't it a bit early to start this thread?
          Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic

Comment

Originally posted by seawolfpunk View Post
            Alaska Hockey and I were bored.

Comment

Originally posted by seawolfpunk View Post
              You could start start next years thread yesterday and it would not be too early.

Comment

Alaska Hockey and I were bored.
                Last year when I made well on our Gov. Cup bet and you dined (Barbequed Salmon lips and Alaska Amber beer) on my tab we talked about a total wins of all sports games between UAA and UA_. Let’s do it.

Comment

Last year when I made well on our Gov. Cup bet and you dined (Barbequed Salmon lips and Alaska Amber beer) on my tab we talked about a total wins of all sports games between UAA and UA_. Let’s do it.
                  Who has won more D1 championships?

Comment

Originally posted by birdman View Post
                    Who has won more D1 championships?
                    University of California, Los Angeles the Bruins with 108 but who cares Bird

Comment

University of California, Los Angeles the Bruins with 108 but who cares Bird
                      Yeah I fail to see what this has to do with the discussion. I mean UCLA is good and all but what that has to do with this I don't know.
                      U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                      Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                      I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                      But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                      Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                        Yeah I fail to see what this has to do with the discussion. I mean UCLA is good and all but what that has to do with this I don't know.
                        You have to ask Alaska Hockey, maybe he's from LA.

Comment

Bump
                          Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic

Comment

A little less than two weeks out. Considering this series is going to be the highlight of this season for both squads I'm surprised there isn't more jawing.

Comment

You don't think our run through the playoffs to the Joe will be a bigger highlight than our shellacking of the Seapups?

Comment

Working...
                              X