AIC @ RPI (Tuesday, 1/10/11)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AIC @ RPI (Tuesday, 1/10/11)

Two of the lowest ranked D-I teams face off on Tuesday.

Discuss.
    Last edited by Ralph Baer; 01-08-2012, 06:04 PM.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Re: AIC @ RPI (Tuesday, 1/10/11)

Hopefully we can add to our offensive stats a bit so they don't look so horribly bad. We will need to play the kind of offense we showed against dartmouth and not what we did against Harvard. Go Red!!!
    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

As SA says, think process, not results. I saw Friday's game, not tonight's. I saw a lot of good things that happened. And after reading the game thread later, other posters saw some of the same things... it was that 10/15 minute segment of the second period that saw Dartmouth put up a three spot. Saturday's game, despite being outshot by a wide margin, resulted in a tie. There must have been some good process things tonight... and consider that Harvard had that strong tie w Union on Friday. The UC posters were all bemoaning how 'they gave a point away to H.' Do you supposed H earned that point, being down two in the third?

I don't think we gave away a point tonight, I think we earned a point against a team that so badly outshot us. On Friday, some good process things happened. On Saturday, we faced some adversity and earned a point. Results following process...

Let's build on this for AIC on Tuesday. (They are who's next... let's do it.)
      Last edited by fr joe; 01-07-2012, 10:40 PM.
      Here we come!

Comment

I guess it could be worse... you could have scheduled 2 games against AIC.
        Clarkson Golden Knights Men
        10 Time ECAC Regular Season Champs
        5 Time ECAC Tournament Champs
        21 NCAA Tournament Appearances

Undefeated - 1956

Clarkson Golden Knights Women
        ECAC Regular Season Champs - 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018
        ECAC Tournament Champs - 2017, 2018
        7 NCAA Tournament Appearances

Frozen Four - 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018
        National Champions - 2014, 2017, 2018

Comment

This is a total trap game for AIC Diebold should get the start in net and with all due respect to AIC, maybe we see some of the lesser used players like Smith and Burgdoerfer get some ice time in the last NC game before the stretch run of ECAC play. Put Rabbani out there and let him check the night away on anything wearing AIC colors. Lets go Red.
          Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

After coming off what should have been considered a lackluster weekend, this year it is an improved weekend.
            We cannot lose to AIC.
            That would set us back to square one, and we don't have time to go back there.
            We did a lot of things right this weekend, and we need to continue to move forward. AIC is not going to lay down. They look at our record and see a team that they have a chance against.
            We better come out like we did against Harvard and put them away early. And then continue the pressure.
            I don't like games like this, because they are a no win situation. Unless we totally blow them away (and I don't see that happening), we can't win.
            I would definitely like to be going back to a conference game.
            Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
            Benjamin Franklin
            The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
            Gary Player

Comment

It will be interesting to see how AIC comes out. They have not played in a month, and are coming off very rough games against Air Force, and a hot goalie at RIT. They will be game, but the question is going to be. Can they put the puck in the back of the net, and can they play a good penalty kill because I see RPI's PP as a definite advantage.

Comment

Originally posted by CornwallAce View Post
                It will be interesting to see how AIC comes out. They have not played in a month, and are coming off very rough games against Air Force, and a hot goalie at RIT. They will be game, but the question is going to be. Can they put the puck in the back of the net, and can they play a good penalty kill because I see RPI's PP as a definite advantage.
                Haven't heard that much this season.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                  Haven't heard that much this season.
                  Heck, AIC has a better PP% than us!

If anything's going to help on special teams, it'd be our 15th-in-the-nation penalty kill.
                  Last edited by FlagDUDE08; 01-08-2012, 03:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                    Heck, AIC has a better PP% than us!

If anything's going to help on special teams, it'd be our 15th-in-the-nation penalty kill.
                    Maybe I interpreted CornwallAce's comment incorrectly. He may have meant that RPI's powerplay is a definite advantage for AIC.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Too of the lowest ranked D-I teams face off on Tuesday.

Discuss.
                      It's a good thing you majored in math, because if you were an English major this would be unaccetaple.
                      Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Originally posted by jericho View Post
                        It's a good thing you majored in math, because if you were an English major this would be unaccetaple.
                        Oops , I better fix that.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Oops , I better fix that.
                          Might want to also fix the fact that this game was played last year.
                          Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Originally posted by burgie12 View Post
                            Might want to also fix the fact that this game was played last year.
                            Given it's a thread title, it may be too late for that one.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                              Given it's a thread title, it may be too late for that one.
                              Oh, you mean you don't get posting superpowers after 100,000 posts? Crap, I was so excited for fifty years from now, too.
                              Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Working...
                              X