Frozen Fenway: New Hampshire vs Maine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frozen Fenway: New Hampshire vs Maine

Big game this Saturday as New Hampshire and Maine battle in historic Fenway Park. It should be an exciting game between these two rivals. Puck drops at 7:30pm and will be broadcast on NESN.

Re: Frozen Fenway: New Hampshire vs Maine

Looking forward to it. I have pavillion seats, so hopefully I'll have a decent view of the action. I was in center field for BU/BC and couldnt see a thing. Still had a great time though.

Comment

Best seat in the house for this one is on your couch.

Comment

Originally posted by GoUNH View Post
        Looking forward to it. I have pavillion seats, so hopefully I'll have a decent view of the action. I was in center field for BU/BC and couldnt see a thing. Still had a great time though.
        Great experience for the players. Something they will always remember.

Comment

Its my understanding that the UNH pre-game gathering is at the Cask n Flagon

Comment

Originally posted by GoUNH View Post
            Its my understanding that the UNH pre-game gathering is at the Cask n Flagon
            It sure is. Here is a link for more information about pre-game festivities:
            http://unhwildcats.com/sports/mice/2...20111215p2ptsw

Also, on the website, you can sign up for a free digital program of Frozen Fenway.
            Last edited by New Hampshire 'Cats Fan; 01-05-2012, 01:42 PM.

Comment

Heading to the game. Im sitting somewhere behind home plate. A little elevated. Not expecting the best, but we'll see. Should be fun just being there. Im taking The Downeaster to the game. Sadly that leaves at 11pm, so Im not sure if I'll be able to see the entire game. I figure I'll have to leave Fenway by 10:15 to get back to North Station.
              Cat Chat, The U.P's best College Sports Show. Check us out at www.catchattv.org

Born a Black Bear
              1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012

A NMU Wildcat for Life
              1980 1981 1989 1991 1992 1993 1999 2010

NMU Hockey
              2006-2007: 15-24-2
              2007-2008: 20-20-4
              2008-2009: 18-16-5

1903 1912 1915 1916 1918 2004 2007

Comment

Originally posted by NMU8405 View Post
                Heading to the game. Im sitting somewhere behind home plate. A little elevated. Not expecting the best, but we'll see. Should be fun just being there. Im taking The Downeaster to the game. Sadly that leaves at 11pm, so Im not sure if I'll be able to see the entire game. I figure I'll have to leave Fenway by 10:15 to get back to North Station.
                Invent a time machine or rely on something not named "The Downeaster"
                It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
                  Invent a time machine or rely on something not named "The Downeaster"
                  The Downeastah is one of the more profitable Amtrak routes.
                  Cat Chat, The U.P's best College Sports Show. Check us out at www.catchattv.org

Born a Black Bear
                  1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012

A NMU Wildcat for Life
                  1980 1981 1989 1991 1992 1993 1999 2010

NMU Hockey
                  2006-2007: 15-24-2
                  2007-2008: 20-20-4
                  2008-2009: 18-16-5

1903 1912 1915 1916 1918 2004 2007

Comment

Originally posted by F O F room fan View Post
                    Best seat in the house for this one is on your couch.
                    Have to agree. Went to the BU-BC game 2 years ago and had seats behind home plate, could only see the helmets, so we went and stood down the right field line. Good view, but took me a day to thaw. As much as I feel like I am missing history with my alma mater playing, I'll be seeing Maine the next 3 weeks and the prospect of either freezing or watching a game played on poor ice with no view is just not appealing. On the couch it is!

Comment

Originally posted by BobF View Post
                      Have to agree. Went to the BU-BC game 2 years ago and had seats behind home plate, could only see the helmets, so we went and stood down the right field line. Good view, but took me a day to thaw. As much as I feel like I am missing history with my alma mater playing, I'll be seeing Maine the next 3 weeks and the prospect of either freezing or watching a game played on poor ice with no view is just not appealing. On the couch it is!
                      The beer is a hell of alot cheaper as well...
                      UNH Wildcats

1985 Women's Lacrosse Division I National Champions

So much for empty trophy cases

Comment

Originally posted by BobF View Post
                        it will be about 20-25 degrees warmer at game time than it was for the BU/BC game, I think. 48-50 during the day. Kind of a bummer

Comment

Sorry, they decided to play last night
                          *****http://www.joshgibney.com/2012FrozFen/alum/2012FrozFenAlum.jpg***********http://www.joshgibney.com/2012FrozFen/alum/2012FrozFenAlum-2.jpg******
                          *****http://www.joshgibney.com/2012FrozFen/alum/2012FrozFenAlum-3.jpg***********http://www.joshgibney.com/2012FrozFen/alum/2012FrozFenAlum-4.jpg******
                          *****http://www.joshgibney.com/2012FrozFen/alum/2012FrozFenAlum-5.jpg******
                          *****http://www.joshgibney.com/2012FrozFen/alum/2012FrozFenAlum-6.jpg***********http://www.joshgibney.com/2012FrozFen/alum/2012FrozFenAlum-7.jpg******
                          *****http://www.joshgibney.com/2012FrozFen/alum/2012FrozFenAlum-8.jpg***********http://www.joshgibney.com/2012FrozFen/alum/2012FrozFenAlum-9.jpg******

Comment

Originally posted by Gibber View Post
                            Sorry, they decided to play last night
                            Did any of the Maine players get a free meal?
                            UNH Wildcats

1985 Women's Lacrosse Division I National Champions

So much for empty trophy cases

Comment

Originally posted by WildShawn View Post
                              it will be about 20-25 degrees warmer at game time than it was for the BU/BC game, I think. 48-50 during the day.
                              It will be a LOT warmer than "20-25 degrees warmer." I think it was around 10 degrees at that game. And for the people who are taking the Downeaster, you might as well not bother. With our modern Green Line which travels about 2 feet per minute, and which will be packed, you'll probably miss the entire third period in order to make it to North Station in time. Remember, only about every third car actually goes to North Statiion. The rest turn around at Govenment Center.

The BU/BC game was held up about 45 minutes because of a problem with the ice/Zamboni or something and the game didn't end until around 10:40 (not saying this one will be, but there's a better than even chance that something will happen to hold it up - extended pre-game, etc). I had to sprint back to the BU parking garage which closed at 11:00, so I left my wife at Fenway and just told her I'd run to the garage and come back and get her. I got to the garage when they were literally closing the door. Five seconds later and we were spending the night somewhere. Even in the cold I was soaked after the run up Comm. Ave. and ended up being sick for three weeks.

I would not want to dampen the enthusiasm of those who are going, because I'm sure you all want to say you "were there" just like I did...but for me, never again. I could only see 1/3 of the ice and basically watched the entire game on the big screen in center field. This is why I think the NHL Winter Classic and all of these "outdoor" events will eventually die out once they've "made the rounds" to each place once. And they're runing out of cities - you can't go much further south than Philly and expect it to be cold enough. It was great one time, but there's really no redeeming value in freezing to death at an event where you can't really even see the action.

Not trying to be a glass "half-empty" person...just trying to give people who are going some idea of what to expect.

Comment

Working...
                              X