Merrimack at BU 1/6/12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Merrimack at BU 1/6/12

I'm thinking this could be a game that gets one of these two teams back on track. While I have not seen them play recently, at least on paper it looks as if Merrimack has been stumbling a bit as of late and BU looked badly out of sync in South Bend, their frist game after the departures.

Penalty filled affair?

Re: Merrimack at BU 1/6/12

Go Terriers!
    Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
    The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
      I'm thinking this could be a game that gets one of these two teams back on track. While I have not seen them play recently, at least on paper it looks as if Merrimack has been stumbling a bit as of late and BU looked badly out of sync in South Bend, their frist game after the departures.

Penalty filled affair?
      I hope that was a rhetorical question. It's a Hockey East game, with Merrimack playing, with Kyle Bigos projected in the lineup, at BU. I predict about 10 minutes of 5-on-5 in this game.

Merrimack suffered a string of injuries in December, which contributed to the freefall. However, most of these guys are back, and MC also has added Meyers, a talented frosh who was stuck in the NCAA clearinghouse first semester. (Haven't heard any updates on the condition of top-line skater Elliot Sheen yet, though) With that and the recent departures from BU, I'd say MC has as good a chance as ever to get back on the right track.

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
        BU... penalty filled affair?
        Using the phrase "penalty filled affair" in the same sentence with BU is like saying "arctic" and "cold" together. We won't name names, but after the 50th time a "defensemen" smashes someone's head into the boards from behind, he either needs to learn to stop it or be benched.

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
          We won't name names, but after the 50th time a "defensemen" smashes someone's head into the boards from behind, he either needs to learn to stop it or be benched.
          HE? More like THEY. If we tried benching one of our defensemen every time he took a stupid penalty, I'm pretty sure there would be no one left to play.
          Agganis Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Hockey Center, Compton Family Ice Arena, Conte Forum, Lawler Arena, Matthews Arena, Mullins Memorial Center, Ralph Engelstad Arena, Schneider Arena, Tsongas Arena, Whittemore Center, Erie Insurance Arena, Lynah Rink, Madison Square Garden, Ridder Arena, TD Garden, Xcel Energy Center

Comment

Originally posted by Yuppie Scum View Post
            I'd say MC has as good a chance as ever to get back on the right track.

Comment

Working...
            X