Weds Jan 4th 2012 scores...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weds Jan 4th 2012 scores...

Lake Forest goes 0-3 out east losing its finale against eastern power Salve Regina

The Camels get two late period goals to beat the Plattsburgh JV team (Curry) 4-2

And at last check witb about 10 minutes to go Neumann leads Penn State 5-3 outdoors down in Philly...
    Remy Babineaux
    remyb616@gmail.com
    D3FHL Web Page

Re: Weds Jan 4th 2012 scores...

Neumann wins 6-3
    Remy Babineaux
    remyb616@gmail.com
    D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
      Neumann wins 6-3
      I guess Penn st has a pretty good program already

Comment

6800 people there last night. Pretty impressive.

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
          I guess Penn st has a pretty good program already
          I'm sure some of the guys are hoping they'll have an outside shot of making the D-I team next year since they got a year of college hockey under their belt and played for Gadkowsky. I can't imagine Penn State is going to bring a completely new roster of 28 guys or so. When RIT elevated from D-III to D-I on the men's side a few years ago they still had around 8-10 guys, maybe even more from the squad the previous year.

Comment

Originally posted by Derek Dunning View Post
            I'm sure some of the guys are hoping they'll have an outside shot of making the D-I team next year since they got a year of college hockey under their belt and played for Gadkowsky. I can't imagine Penn State is going to bring a completely new roster of 28 guys or so. When RIT elevated from D-III to D-I on the men's side a few years ago they still had around 8-10 guys, maybe even more from the squad the previous year.
            Yea i wonder who these guys are for PSU, and why they are not on a D1 or D3 team?? Well they r in for a fun ride next yr I guess

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
              Yea i wonder who these guys are for PSU, and why they are not on a D1 or D3 team?? Well they r in for a fun ride next yr I guess
              They already have some recruits on the team. A couple of transfers from Mercyhurst, including last years Atlantic Hockey rookie of the year, and a few freshmen from the USHL as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Obvious View Post
                6800 people there last night. Pretty impressive.
                Penn St reports just less then 5,000 but either way impressive!
                Remy Babineaux
                remyb616@gmail.com
                D3FHL Web Page

Comment

The Freshman who are at PSU this year have the ability to play 5 years of College Hockey if they so choose... 1 year of ACHA and 4 years in the new Big Ten... Not a bad gig especially if you plan on pursuing your masters right out of school. I'm sure close to half of the squad next year will be guys from this team.
                  Sergei Fedorov, at the conclusion of his final season as a Red Wing.

"I just don't know what to think. I play in Colorado, they tell me they like me, and I get traded. I play in Calgary, and at the end of the season the GM tells me he likes me, and I get traded. I just hope my fiancee doesn't tell me she likes me."

Comment

Originally posted by Derek Dunning View Post
                    Gadkowsky had a good recruiting year, with some USHL recruits and NCAA DI transfers and such. A few of the regular players of the Icers (the ACHA D1 team) are now playing for the Ice Lions (The ACHA D2 team) because they fell off the roster with the new additions. I'd say it's more of an "outside chance". I'm sure some of these guys were those willing to pay for one year in order to have the honor of starting up this program.

As for 5 years of college hockey... I don't know how it works ACHA-to-NCAA, but I know if you've played NCAA and drop to ACHA, you have your ACHA eligibility minus any NCAA eligibility used. I wouldn't be surprised if NCAA recognizes that year in the ACHA as a year of collegiate hockey, but I'm not certain.
                    Plattsburgh CARDINALS
                    SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
                    ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
                    NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
                    NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
                    NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
                    NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

Originally posted by CARDS_rule_the_Burgh View Post
                      Gadkowsky had a good recruiting year, with some USHL recruits and NCAA DI transfers and such. A few of the regular players of the Icers (the ACHA D1 team) are now playing for the Ice Lions (The ACHA D2 team) because they fell off the roster with the new additions. I'd say it's more of an "outside chance". I'm sure some of these guys were those willing to pay for one year in order to have the honor of starting up this program.

As for 5 years of college hockey... I don't know how it works ACHA-to-NCAA, but I know if you've played NCAA and drop to ACHA, you have your ACHA eligibility minus any NCAA eligibility used. I wouldn't be surprised if NCAA recognizes that year in the ACHA as a year of collegiate hockey, but I'm not certain.
                      Not 100% but I thought the 5 to play 4 rule was applied in these circumstances and the year of college/ACHA starts your clock, but doesn't work against your 4 years of eligibility. So, instead of 5 to play 4 they will instead have 4 to play 4. It is similar to an athlete who may play another sport his freshman year then decide to play another sport instead his Sophomore year. The athlete still has 4 years left of that sport, but only 4 years to do so. Again not 100% on it, but that's my understanding.
                      Sergei Fedorov, at the conclusion of his final season as a Red Wing.

"I just don't know what to think. I play in Colorado, they tell me they like me, and I get traded. I play in Calgary, and at the end of the season the GM tells me he likes me, and I get traded. I just hope my fiancee doesn't tell me she likes me."

Comment

Originally posted by NEHockeyFan07 View Post
                        The Freshman who are at PSU this year have the ability to play 5 years of College Hockey if they so choose... 1 year of ACHA and 4 years in the new Big Ten... Not a bad gig especially if you plan on pursuing your masters right out of school. I'm sure close to half of the squad next year will be guys from this team.
                        This would be a nice incentive for players, I can see why guys would go there for this yr then reap the bennies next yr and in the future...ps If ya go to this website they have pics from the game gopsusports.com
                        Last edited by bakdraft21; 01-05-2012, 05:31 PM.

Comment

ACHA does not count towards your NCAA eligibility. IIRC, this is like showing up at a school and not playing or trying out. They can't be on an athletic scholarship (ACHA rules), but may be getting some financial aid (just like D-III).
                          CCT '77 & '78
                          4 kids
                          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Working...
                          X