Please Pray For Jabs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please Pray For Jabs

Minnesota High School hockey player Jack Jablonski (aka Jabs) was paralyzed after getting checked from behind in a holiday tournament game. Please, send him and his family your thoughts and prayers.

Here is a link to his Carebridge website if you would like to leave some words of encouragement for Jack and his family.

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/jackjablonski
    Last edited by JDUBBS1280; 01-04-2012, 07:57 PM.

Re: Please Pray For Jabs

Thanks for sharing. I'll be praying for him.
    #NewMass

Comment

Done and done. Thanks for the link.
      "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Thanks guys

Comment

Update from Jack's parents last night on the CaringBridge site. Keep him in your prayers as he faces a long road ahead of him.

WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 4, 2012 10:21 PM, CST
          Never Give Up

It is with a heavy heart that we write this entry tonight. Jack's surgery today to fuse his vertebrae was a success, but it also confirmed that his injury was horrific.

Jack has limited mobility and no movement in his lower body. As we feared, he will not be able to walk or skate. This news is devastating to Jack and everyone who loves him. Our hope and dream is that he will be able to prove this prognosis wrong.

Our priority is to help Jack accept and transition into his new life, a life that we did not plan, but one that we have to embrace. We have a mountain to climb, but with your support, we know that Jack's youth, strength and determination will help him make remarkable strides.

It's been a difficult day, but now we know what lies ahead. Words cannot express our gratitude for the global support that Jack has received. Keep your thoughts and prayers coming.
          DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

Thanks for posting this update DU.

Comment

Ugh.. very unfortunate.
              Wish him & his family the best. May god give them the strength to get through this.
              To his parents.. keep as upbeat as possible. Enjoy your son & create new positive memories for him in the years ahead.

We live in a time where this does not have to be as debilitating. Treat it as a new beginning for him & make the most of it
              This is a huge challenge thrown your way.. with support he can overcome & thrive, touching many through it all.
              GO NU HOCKEY
              Always bullish on the future.
              We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
                Ugh.. very unfortunate.
                Wish him & his family the best. May god give them the strength to get through this.
                To his parents.. keep as upbeat as possible. Enjoy your son & create new positive memories for him in the years ahead.

We live in a time where this does not have to be as debilitating. Treat it as a new beginning for him & make the most of it
                This is a huge challenge thrown your way.. with support he can overcome & thrive, touching many through it all.
                Very well said

Comment

"Never going to be able to walk again" is a prognosis that has been beaten before. From everything I've read about this kid, he stands as good a chance as anyone of proving the doctors wrong, if that's the route he decides to go.

Regardless, my thoughts and prayers are with him and his family. Its amazing to see the hockey community come together to show their support like they have. I don't know of any other sport where the reaction would even be similar. Facebook, Twitter, TV, every place you look there is an incredible outpouring of support for him and his family. Its truly amazing. Be strong and overcome, Jabs!

Comment

Originally posted by johnnypohlfan View Post
                    Its amazing to see the hockey community come together to show their support like they have. I don't know of any other sport where the reaction would even be similar. Facebook, Twitter, TV, every place you look there is an incredible outpouring of support for him and his family. Its truly amazing. Be strong and overcome, Jabs!
                    That's what makes the hockey community so special. We might squabble, but we are a close-knit community and we look after our own. Jack has had tons of players (NHL, College, High School, and International) reach out to him. Students in high schools all over the country wore white today in a "white out" show of solidarity (saw pictures from Minnesota, Michigan, Missouri, and Colorado already). Simply amazing

Comment

Originally posted by JDUBBS1280 View Post
                      That's what makes the hockey community so special. We might squabble, but we are a close-knit community and we look after our own. Jack has had tons of players (NHL, College, High School, and International) reach out to him. Students in high schools all over the country wore white today in a "white out" show of solidarity (saw pictures from Minnesota, Michigan, Missouri, and Colorado already). Simply amazing
                      My wife heard this one time and when she told me I just smiled because it is true. I am not sure who originally said it.

" A lot of kids play soccer, basketball and football, but families play hockey"........
                      I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Here's hoping the best for the young man, his family and friends as well, since everyone around him is affected by this sadly.
                        Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                        2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                        2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                        2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                        2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by scsutommyboy View Post
                          " A lot of kids play soccer, basketball and football, but families play hockey"........
                          So true.

Comment

“@FSNtylermason: Dr. Galicich, on Jablobski: "It's going to take a miracle. ... Hopefully he's going to prove me wrong." #jabs”

“@FSNtylermason: Dr. Galicich said Jablonski's spirits are "as good as can be expected. ... He's a terrific kid." #jabs”

“@FSNtylermason: Dr. Galicich said they don't expect #jabs to get much function back. Regaining function in his arms an hands will be "very unlikely."”

“@FSNtylermason: Dr. Walter Galicich shows where Jack Jablonski's injury occurred on the spine: pic.***********/54bMxL24"
                            Last edited by JDUBBS1280; 01-05-2012, 02:21 PM.

Comment

No arms or hands either?

Prove em wrong kid. Prove em wrong.
                              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Working...
                              X