Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NCHC commissioner

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
    Perhaps they are trying to recreate Denver's Model of being terrible for the better part of 30 years, and then actually get their program back in order?
    Funny how Denver took 30 years off and still has as many National Championships as North Dakota and punked UND three times for titles.

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
      I'm still chuckling over this news. wonder if they'll pay him something close to the 800K he was getting from the Olympics?
      Without deadweights like Michigan Tech draining the budget there is plenty of cash to pay a top-flight CEO.

Comment

Wrestling is fine, if you're gay and that's your thing... but not one single person with any hockey background was willing to consider the job? Not one? What's that all about?
        Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
        USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
          Wrestling is fine, if you're gay and that's your thing... but not one single person with any hockey background was willing to consider the job? Not one? What's that all about?
          The NCHC wanted a CEO with TV contacts & management experience. Any smuck can hand out two game suspensions.

Comment

I was responding to your assertion that the Tech program destroyed Jamie Russell's career, when most of the damage occurred the other way around.
            So now it's Russell's fault that Tech sucked the 25 years before he arrived in Houghton? You sure think he was one powerful guy. I'm not sure how Russell could've managed to ruin a program that was already in the dumpster of the WCHA and country.

And I guess you don't have any ideas for a wager. For being so eager to make the bet you certainly don't seem very willing to put any effort into making it happen.
            Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
            when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
            Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
              So now it's Russell's fault that Tech sucked the 25 years before he arrived in Houghton? You sure think he was one powerful guy. I'm not sure how Russell could've managed to ruin a program that was already in the dumpster of the WCHA and country.

And I guess you don't have any ideas for a wager. For being so eager to make the bet you certainly don't seem very willing to put any effort into making it happen.
              I'll put up $10,000 even money.
              Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.

Comment

Originally posted by dggoddard View Post
                Funny how Denver took 30 years off and still has as many National Championships as North Dakota and punked UND three times for titles.
                You could add '04 as a "fourth" time as well. Just think where Denver could be if they hadn't taken 30 years off?

My point was a Denver fan really shouldn't be talking smack about a program having a rough go of it over a prolonged stretch of time. Apparently you failed to catch that portion of it.
                North Dakota
                National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

I'll put up $10,000 even money.
                  And I'll put up the box of stale Zesta crackers. We have ourselves a bet! BTW and in the interest of full disclosure, the crackers are whole wheat.
                  when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                  Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

And I'll put up the box of stale Zesta crackers. We have ourselves a bet! BTW and in the interest of full disclosure, the crackers are whole wheat.
                    I appreciate that, but I don't think you know what "even money" means. They're not even Ritz. No deal.

Comment

Funny thread. It is all about money if you are the bHHc isn't it. Course it's funny how the tv deal went from a zillion dollars from a well off nbc/versus, to cbs college sports and their notorious cheapskate reputation. Next we will hear how much better a deal it is than every one else has. How wonderful it is to be a cbs college sports property and how wealthy this is going to make the bhhc teams.
                      Just fyi, no one really cares how much money you make, but lying to make yourself look good is not a good quality.

Every team has it's ups and it's down. making fun of someone down is easy, but then of course at some point you lose to them.Next we are going to hear how wonderful lawson arena is.
                      MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

I appreciate that, but I don't think you know what "even money" means. They're not even Ritz. No deal.
                        I was hoping you didn't know what it meant and would give me $10,000 no matter the result. I'm willing to upgrade the stale crackers to Ritz if that is what it takes. I'm that nice of a guy and that willing to compromise.

Lawson Arena is wonderful. It looks just like MacInnes but has the added bonus of not having a skating child molestor as the rink announcer.
                        Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Lawson Arena is wonderful. It looks just like MacInnes but has the added bonus of not having a skating child molestor as the rink announcer.
                          Like your Jamie Russell jokes, this material needs to be updated. Our new skating announcer is the kind of girl we all wish we had been molested by.

Comment

Like your Jamie Russell jokes, this material needs to be updated. Our new skating announcer is the kind of girl we all wish we had been molested by.
                            Even the gay wrestling guys?

And the Jamie Russell material wasn't a joke, it was the truth. Tech destroyed the poor guy's career whether you want to admit it or not.
                            Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Even the gay wrestling guys?
                              not 100% sure - ask your buddy.

Comment

not 100% sure - ask your buddy.
                                Biddco said he had no interest when he was there.
                                Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Working...
                                X