Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2012 Frozen Fenway: Four ******** Flopped Franchises

Current Hockey East Standings:

#10 Vermont @ #9 UMass, 4pm. #8 New Hampshire @ #6 Maine, 7:30(ish)pm.

I'll be there, and cheering for a UNH win, but . . . could Hockey East have gotten a worse set of four teams? It's a new, special thing for the Wildcats v. Black Bears rivalry, but that's about it.

Thoughts on the game? Pre-game meeting spots?

Felt like this outdoor game deserved it's own thread, but just barely.

HAPPY NEW YEAR, USCHO POSTERS . . .
    I haven't been on here in a year...
    Now I'm a dad. Holy crap.

Re: 2012 Frozen Fenway: Four ******** Flopped Franchises

With the resurgence of Northeastern, the BC-NU game a week later will be worth the price of admission though.

The good thing for the league is that it got all that ticket revenue for the doubleheader with the UMA, UVM, UMaine, UNH matchups nice and early before the season started.

Unfortunately that BC-NU game will be up against the Pats playoff game on Saturday night for at least part of the game. Ooooooooops.
    Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
    The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
      With the resurgence of Northeastern, the BC-NU game a week later will be worth the price of admission though.

The good thing for the league is that it got all that ticket revenue for the doubleheader with the UMA, UVM, UMaine, UNH matchups nice and early before the season started.

Unfortunately that BC-NU game will be up against the Pats playoff game on Saturday night for at least part of the game. Ooooooooops.
      Exactly what I was thinking regarding the four teams and putting the tickets on sale so early. Good foresight by the league. Yikes.
      Though the standings have Maine 6th, I'd say Northeastern is a much better team than Maine at this point, and we have the 4 worst teams in the league playing Saturday...

The BC/NU game starts early enough (6, right?) that it'll be almost over in the first quarter.... of course, the Patriots will be down by 21 by then, and you'll miss the depressing part of the game, and catch the comeback

Either way, I'm looking forward to checking out the ol' ballpark in the dead of winter (it was so much cooler last time with snow during the BC/BU game... this weather is a bummer!)

Comment

I realistically see four bad teams (maybe Maine is resurging now though) and what should be just another nailbiter in the NU BC series where it seems now every game is decided by a goal late. That said UNH Maine is still UNH Maine so itll be heated.
        Northeastern Huskies

Beanpot Champions: 2018, 2019
        Hockey East Champions: 2016, 2019

Comment

The UVM-UMass/UNH-Maine doubleheader is supposedly sold out. Anybody know how the high school + NU-BC ticket sales are going? (I had to buy mine through the Red Sox because the NU allottment was apparently sold out). I'm guessing sales for any remaining tickets might slow down because of the Pats game.
          "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

I'm obviously very excited for this though it is kind of funny that unless something drastic happens, two of the teams playing at Fenway will be two of only 3 teams (sorry UAH) not playing in the post season at all.

If only PC were playing NU instead of BC. It would be really funny if the bottom six teams were playing at Fenway while the top four watched at home.
            #NewMass

Comment

Originally posted by Split-N View Post
              The UVM-UMass/UNH-Maine doubleheader is supposedly sold out. Anybody know how the high school + NU-BC ticket sales are going? (I had to buy mine through the Red Sox because the NU allottment was apparently sold out). I'm guessing sales for any remaining tickets might slow down because of the Pats game.
              According to this, BC-NU has sold about 25,000

http://gazettenet.com/2012/01/03/wea...at-fenway-park
              #NewMass

Comment

Working...
              X