Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What next USCHO to ask all UND posters with Sioux in it to change their username?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What next USCHO to ask all UND posters with Sioux in it to change their username?

Sadly an era gone by. USCHO honor's the UND admin's wishes by changing their school page. School Page No more nickname or logo.
    Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
    dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
    wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Re: What next USCHO to ask all UND posters with Sioux in it to change their username?

Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
    Sadly an era gone by. USCHO honor's the UND admin's wishes by changing their school page. School Page No more nickname or logo.
    I still have the logo on mine, but perhaps that is just the result of a cookie from a previous visit.

Considering they have allowed posters with "redskin" in it to survive, I doubt USCHO would try to remove "Sioux" from existing posters names.
    North Dakota
    National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Re: What next USCHO to ask all UND posters with Sioux in it to change their username?

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
      Considering they have allowed posters with "redskin" in it to survive, I doubt USCHO would try to remove "Sioux" from existing posters names.
      That is probably true. However, I encourage all North Dakota fans with Sioux in their username to change it in response of the best wishes of the UND admin.
      tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Not a big surprise. UND has asked all media to stop using the logo and Fighting Sioux nickname. As far as changing my username, I am preparing to do so, and will as soon as hell freezes over.
        Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

Comment

I was trying to change my handle to put Fighting Sioux in there, but I must have been doing something wrong.
          Last edited by darker98; 01-02-2012, 07:09 PM.
          "My greatest achievement."
          Dirty on getting me suspended from USCHO.

I'm not an alcoholic! I'm an independent beer taster for Anheuser Busch.

Happy~Smelling like a warm turd sandwich since 11/15/07.

Comment

Originally posted by Siouxfaninseattle View Post
            Not a big surprise. UND has asked all media to stop using the logo and Fighting Sioux nickname. As far as changing my username, I am preparing to do so, and will as soon as hell freezes over.
            USCHO won't ask the posters to change their names. Can't say whether the school will ask us to ask you ...

Comment

"What's in a name? A rose by any other name would smell as sweet." Or play the same.
              Although some may sneer a crowd of 11,000 fans watched the ? and the Crimson (two teams in a rebuilding year) play to a hard-fought tie. This bodes well for the future of college hockey. Perhaps college hockey can shake the "all or nothing syndrome" and can look forward to a number of "bowl games" at season's end, as NCAA football profits from.

Comment

Originally posted by Ed Trefzger View Post
                USCHO won't ask the posters to change their names. Can't say whether the school will ask us to ask you ...
                I would have been quite surprised if USCHO asked users to change their names. It makes me wonder what conversations have been had between UND and SiouxSports.com. Since there is no affiliation, maybe UND asked them to change but got a polite "no" in response. Anyone know more?
                Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

Comment

Originally posted by Siouxfaninseattle View Post
                  I would have been quite surprised if USCHO asked users to change their names. It makes me wonder what conversations have been had between UND and SiouxSports.com. Since there is no affiliation, maybe UND asked them to change but got a polite "no" in response. Anyone know more?
                  Unless a board is legally/contractually associated with the NCAA, I don't think UND/NCAA could force a change in usernames. And even if they were contractually associated, I don't see how they could force someone to not use the Sioux name.
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                  Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Just curious, has there been a purge of Sioux gear from university bookstores?

Comment

Originally posted by MUhawks628 View Post
                      Just curious, has there been a purge of Sioux gear from university bookstores?
                      I was curious on this as well... Looking to maybe get a jersey... Do I have to go for a 3rd party seller now?
                      It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

My wife's suggestion is that North Dakota change their name to the "Ndamukong Suh"

Comment

Originally posted by Ed Trefzger View Post
                          Can't be made to happen as posters here are individuals, not affiliates of the programs they support so the freedom of expression clause of the constitutional freedom of speech applies.

Comment

I've always been outraged by the NCAA suddenly claiming they have authority over school's mascots & nicknames. I don't understand why the affected schools band together for a class action lawsuit against the NCAA? I'm sure they would have a very solid legal case.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                              Can't be made to happen as posters here are individuals, not affiliates of the programs they support so the freedom of expression clause of the constitutional freedom of speech applies.
                              Private board. Their rules. (sorry Ed): you can't say ***** (scientific name for male organ), but can say cum guzzling whore. Their rules are law.
                              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Working...
                              X