Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BU at ND 12/31/11

Gearing up for the 2nd half...

Looking forward to see how BU rebounds emotionally from the loss of Coyle and Trivino. My gut is that ND is going to be in for a hard fought game against some scrapy Terriers looking to start the 2nd half stong.

Re: BU at ND 12/31/11

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
    Gearing up for the 2nd half...

Looking forward to see how BU rebounds emotionally from the loss of Coyle and Trivino. My gut is that ND is going to be in for a hard fought game against some scrapy Terriers looking to start the 2nd half stong.
    Hard to envision a win here for us, with the losses of the centers as well as Clendening being at the WJC. It'll have to be one hell of an effort from everybody to pull it out. Almost feels like the beginning of a new season, we really don't know how the team is going to come out and perform with new lines, a new player (will he even dress?), and a new set of challenges to overcome.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Don't forget that Notre Dame will be without Tynan and Johns, who are both at WJCs as well. Not quite as big as BU's losses, but ND will definitely be shorthanded as well.
      Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
        Hard to envision a win here for us, with the losses of the centers as well as Clendening being at the WJC. It'll have to be one hell of an effort from everybody to pull it out. Almost feels like the beginning of a new season, we really don't know how the team is going to come out and perform with new lines, a new player (will he even dress?), and a new set of challenges to overcome.
        What is so hard to envision? While the loss of Trivino and Coyle is not something one would wish for, and Clendening being out at WJC, the remainder of the terriers are not some men's house league team. They are still loaded with talent. Let's not give ND a win and pass without playing the game eh?

Comment

Originally posted by BUTerrierfan View Post
          What is so hard to envision? While the loss of Trivino and Coyle is not something one would wish for, and Clendening being out at WJC, the remainder of the terriers are not some men's house league team. They are still loaded with talent. Let's not give ND a win and pass without playing the game eh?
          OK, perhaps I was being a bit too negative, I also forgot ND had two guys at the WJC's also. Sure, we still have a lot of talent, but we lost our top two faceoff men, which is a big hit. I think what's hardest to envision is how the team will respond to what has been a tumultuous couple of weeks. Coming off the high of two big wins over BC and a month of very solid play to the extreme low of the Trivino situation, then Coyle abandoning the team. I think Parker's explanation of the Trivino situation being almost like the death of a teammate was a close representation, one night he's on the team, the next morning, he's completely gone and disassociated from the program and university. We'll have to see how much the coaching staff has been able to steady the ship. I agree they have the talent to win, it's whether they'll be able to gel with some new linemates and mentally be able to move forward from the last few weeks.
          ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

... but we lost our top two faceoff men, which is a big hit.
            Great. That seems to be the death knell for ND. When the other team loses their top face off guys, ND then can't manage to win more than 30% of them it seems... I hate starting off each play behind the 8-ball.

BTW, are any Terrier fans making the trip out west? If so, safe travels and check out a few local favorites tomorrow: Copshaholm (still decorated for Christmas) and Fiddler's Hearth for some Irish stew and a Guinness.
            "Hockey is the only tribe I belong to." --Jack Falla

"Why, as a matter of fact, I suggested starting a hockey program to Father Callahan, our president. He was downright interested until we came to the use of sticks, and then he threw up his hands. He said, 'No, that game is not for our University. Notre Dame will never endorse any game that puts a club in the hands of an Irishman.' " -- Knute Rockne: All American

Comment

Anyone have any info on the possible lines for this game? Or even who's playing?

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff_Jackson_for_Pres. View Post
                BTW, are any Terrier fans making the trip out west? If so, safe travels and check out a few local favorites tomorrow: Copshaholm (still decorated for Christmas) and Fiddler's Hearth for some Irish stew and a Guinness.
                I thought South Bend was East? I had thought about making the trip at first, but the New Years Eve game schedule wasn't great for travel for me. Would like to make the trip at some point though. Hopefully when you guys are in Hockey EastoftheMississippi I can kill two birds with one stone and see BU play on the ice and also take in a home football game. An ND home football game is a sporting event I've always wanted to see but never yet had the opportunity.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff_Jackson_for_Pres. View Post
                  Great. That seems to be the death knell for ND. When the other team loses their top face off guys, ND then can't manage to win more than 30% of them it seems... I hate starting off each play behind the 8-ball.

I'm contemplating it, however... How hard is it to get tickets at the box office?
                  Originally posted by nmupiccdiva
                  ...anyone that can start a meme like that is welcome and will fit in just fine around here.

Comment

Any idea what's the lines are for tomorrow and the PP and PK units?

Comment

Almost feels like the beginning of a new season, we really don't know how the team is going to come out and perform with new lines, a new player (will he even dress?), and a new set of challenges to overcome.
                      Is there a new player? Maybe I missed it, but I didn't see anything posted on current BU thread. I'm still optimistic about the team without expecting that Freddy Meyer is going to be walking through the door.

Comment

Originally posted by Terrier520 View Post
                        I'm contemplating it, however... How hard is it to get tickets at the box office?
                        They may have some SRO tickets or a few student tickets left. (574) 631-7356 or und.com.
                        "Hockey is the only tribe I belong to." --Jack Falla

"Why, as a matter of fact, I suggested starting a hockey program to Father Callahan, our president. He was downright interested until we came to the use of sticks, and then he threw up his hands. He said, 'No, that game is not for our University. Notre Dame will never endorse any game that puts a club in the hands of an Irishman.' " -- Knute Rockne: All American

Comment

Originally posted by goalguard View Post
                          Is there a new player? Maybe I missed it, but I didn't see anything posted on current BU thread. I'm still optimistic about the team without expecting that Freddy Meyer is going to be walking through the door.
                          The boston hockey blog reported that we added Jake Moscatel as a walk on. Played d3 somewhere until transferring to bu in the fall.

Comment

Bumping to the first page
                            #OneKnight

Comment

I am surprised that ND has already begun play in the Hockey East.

...wait... they are just playing every single HE team in non-conference. Nothing to see here...

tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Working...
                              X