2011 All-WCHA teams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2011 All-WCHA teams

Figured I would toss this out there for the WCHA fans. Through half of the season how would you vote for the WCHA teams?

My vote would go and are pretty strictly straight from the numbers they put up:

1st team
    F-Brianna Decker (21-27-48)
    F-Jocelyne Lamoureux (16-28-44)
    F-Amanda Kessel (20-22-42)
    D-Monique Lamoureux-Kolls (13-22-35)
    D-Megan Bozek (9-15-24)
    G-Alex Rigsby (1.34/.949)

2nd team
    F-Brook Ammerman (17-25-42)
    F-Jen Schoullis (14-23-37)
    F-Hilary Knight (23-14-37)
    D-Jessica Wong (7-15-22)
    D-Montana Vichorek (7-12-19)
    G-Noora Raty (1.26/.939)

3rd team
    F-Michelle Karvinen (13-19-32)
    F-Audrey Cournoyer (13-18-31)
    F-Haley Irwin (8-22-30)
    D-Erika Wheelhouse (5-14-19)
    D-Stefanie McKeough (3-13-16)
    G-Zuzanna Tomcikova (2.39/.930)

Rookie Team
    F-Jenna McParland (13- 6-19)
    F-Josefine Jakobsen (6-7-13)
    D-Brigette Lacquette (4-12-16)
    D- Rachel Ramsey (3-10-13)
    G-??????

Re: 2011 All-WCHA teams

Prevost from Wisconsin has 26 points in only 13 games! She was injured in November and December but should be back in January.

Comment

I guess if you are going strictly by the numbers, I can understand your teams. I'll admit I am biased, but I would have OSU's Natalie Spooner in there somewhere with 15 goals and 6 assists for a total of 21 points. She is obviously one of the top players in the league regardless of the numbers. Anyone who has seen her play would probably agree. She would have a lot more points if teams didn't alter their gameplans just to stop her. Just my humble, albeit, biased opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by osualum86 View Post
        I guess if you are going strictly by the numbers, I can understand your teams. I'll admit I am biased, but I would have OSU's Natalie Spooner in there somewhere with 15 goals and 6 assists for a total of 21 points. She is obviously one of the top players in the league regardless of the numbers. Anyone who has seen her play would probably agree. She would have a lot more points if teams didn't alter their gameplans just to stop her. Just my humble, albeit, biased opinion.
        I'm sure if all of the WCHA coaches were voting they would agree with you!
        Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by yungblud View Post
          My vote would go and are pretty strictly straight from the numbers they put up
          Strictly from the numbers is a foolish way to select an all-anything team.
          Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

Comment

Originally posted by yungblud View Post
            Figured I would toss this out there for the WCHA fans. Through half of the season how would you vote for the WCHA teams?

My vote would go and are pretty strictly straight from the numbers they put up:

1st team
            F-Brianna Decker (21-27-48)
            F-Jocelyne Lamoureux (16-28-44)
            F-Amanda Kessel (20-22-42)
            D-Monique Lamoureux-Kolls (13-22-35)
            D-Megan Bozek (9-15-24)
            G-Alex Rigsby (1.34/.949)

2nd team
            F-Brook Ammerman (17-25-42)
            F-Jen Schoullis (14-23-37)
            F-Hilary Knight (23-14-37)
            D-Jessica Wong (7-15-22)
            D-Montana Vichorek (7-12-19)
            G-Noora Raty (1.26/.939)

3rd team
            F-Audrey Cournoyer (13-18-31)
            F-Haley Irwin (8-22-30)
            D-Erika Wheelhouse (5-14-19)
            D-Stefanie McKeough (3-13-16)
            G-Zuzanna Tomcikova (2.39/.930)

Rookie Team
            F-Jenna McParland (13- 6-19)
            F-Josefine Jakobsen (6-7-13)
            D-Brigette Lacquette (4-12-16)
            D- Rachel Ramsey (3-10-13)
            G-??????
            Well, I like the picks for the most part. Perhaps a little too much bullmutt representation. Numbers are often indicative of the type of season, or success a player is having. The first team being a fair example of that theory.
            Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by osualum86 View Post
              Agree. She should get strong consideration for the second team. The OP did not even have her listed on any of the four teams.

As one poster already stated. Silly to look at just scoring stats, specially for D. Things like plus minus, GWG and performance against strong teams and in clutch situations is what should be measeured to get a full view. For example start by throwing out stats padding games vs teams like Lindewood and then do a fullanalysis, both on totals and normalized numbers.

Comment

Spooner would be on my list for one of the top 6 forwards. Also have to look at Goalies. I think T from BSU would have a GAA of around 1.2 if playing for Minnesota or Wisconsin.

Comment

Originally posted by OnMAA View Post
                  For example start by throwing out stats padding games vs teams like Lindewood and then do a fullanalysis, both on totals and normalized numbers.
                  Five games total vs. WCHA opponents thus far...soon to be six with a game vs. the Sioux on 1/4/12, which ultimately include UW and BSU players per those on the posted teams, depending on who was actually suited up against Lindenwood. Just to point out those games vs. Lindenwood may not have had that much impact on first half numbers overall. Also, looking at those selected via the stated numbers criteria those listed have performed pretty well against their stronger opponents as well.
                  Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                    I'm sure if all of the WCHA coaches were voting they would agree with you!
                    I would imagine her National Team coaches in Canada as well as the opposing coaches in international competitions would agree, too. It's simple, either the other teams gameplan to stop her or they get lit up. Case in point ... the UMD series last month. Spooner comes out and lights the lamp four times in a 4-1 Friday night win. The next night, UMD pays more attention to her and wins 6-2. Natalie is the kind of player who can take over a game. We are very fortunate to have her.

Comment

I would be shocked if most of the coaches in the WCHA do not have Knight on their first team. Every time I have seen her play she is the most dominant player on the ice. Her point production is down from last year, but she has been playing a lot with freshman linemates. Still leads the league in goals though. From what I hear most coaches see her that way as well.

Comment

Originally posted by granddaddyscout View Post
                        I would be shocked if most of the coaches in the WCHA do not have Knight on their first team. Every time I have seen her play she is the most dominant player on the ice. Her point production is down from last year, but she has been playing a lot with freshman linemates. Still leads the league in goals though. From what I hear most coaches see her that way as well.
                        Yeah, that is exactly why the numbers don't always tell the story. I would definitely have Hilary Knight on my first team.

Comment

Take this the final step....since we are looking at all-WCHA, we should only be looking at conference production.
                          That eliminates the questionable games and creates the level playing field for comparison.
                          Entitled to our piece of the pie!

Comment

Working...
                          X