Adrian vs UWSP Series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adrian vs UWSP Series

Any opinions on how this two games series will play out?
    I'm thinking a 1 --1 split, with a good deal of physical play thrown in for good measure.
    SNC Men:
    Five Time National Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014. 2018....
    NCHA Champions: 1997, 1998, 1999, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017. 2018, 2019...
    SNC Women:
    O'Brien Cup Champions: 2013.

Re: Adrian vs UWSP Series

What is the over/under for penalty minutes per game in this series? 45? 50? I do think it will be a fun series either way.
    I'm Kent...Detlefsen?

I was there for 27/92.

Comment

Originally posted by BetterInLakePlacid View Post
      What is the over/under for penalty minutes per game in this series? 45? 50? I do think it will be a fun series either way.
      You beat me to it, but I post the over under at 50 for penalties period.

Comment

Originally posted by pete99race View Post
        Any opinions on how this two games series will play out?
        I'm thinking a 1 --1 split, with a good deal of physical play thrown in for good measure.
        A split is probably a good guess. UWSP never seems to put two good games together in a weekend. My guess is they will come out flying Friday for the W and then lay an egg Saturday.
        Leave it to the Dawgs to give Adrian their first win against the NCHA.

Comment

Originally posted by snc1 View Post
          UWSP never seems to put two good games together in a weekend.
          That is not entirely true. They played two good games against Stout. They also played two good games against Falls as well even though they went 0-1-1 in that series.
          I'm Kent...Detlefsen?

I was there for 27/92.

Comment

I will admit they are up and down this year, but I give them credit for at least having the balls to play Adrian. I'm sure Adrian would jump at the chance to play SNC but they won't be standing by the phone waiting for that invite, thats reserved for Concordia.
            Last edited by Tucker6; 12-30-2011, 06:08 AM.

Comment

I wish I could have made the trip to watch. If games played against Eau Claire are considered, these should be very close and entertaining games. A sweep by either team would certainly provide great momentum for the second half.
              Last edited by NorthernLite; 12-30-2011, 09:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tucker6 View Post
                I will admit they are up and down this year, but I give them credit for at least having the balls to play Adrian. I'm sure Adrian would jump at the chance to play SNC but they won't be standing by the phone waiting for that invite, thats reserved for Concordia.
                Adrian has been on SNC's schedule the last couple of years. They play in that spring tourney the NCAA puts on every year. If you wanna play them in December go ahead.

Comment

Well ......11 minor penalties.............so nobody here had the under for PIM's.
                  Sounded like a great game.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthernLite View Post
                    Well ......11 minor penalties.............so nobody here had the under for PIM's.
                    Sounded like a great game.
                    ...must still be in the Christmas spirit.

Comment

Friday game comments:
                      Very entertaining game.
                      Adrian dominated the first and third periods, while Point did their best work in the middle period.
                      The Bull Dog lineup has gone smaller and faster at the forward position, compared to last seasons national runnerup squad.
                      Freshman forward, Shelby Gray has a 'bomb' of a slap shot. Reminded me of former SNC players AJ Gale and Andrew Derton.
                      Point's larger lineup served them well in the second period, as they were able to hold the offensive zone by cycling the puck on several occasions.
                      Adrian seemed to rely on their tape to tape passing to gain the zone and than fired shots from every possible angle on goal.
                      The goal tender matchup was pretty even with Adrian first year goalie Scott Shackell getting the slight advantage over Nick Graves. Shackell covered the goal mouth very well with his big 6 - 3 frame.
                      Both teams feature two of highest numbered squads in D-3 hockey.
                      Adrian features 11 players with numbers higher than 50.
                      Meanwhile, Point has seven players with numbers higher than 70.
                      Pointer Will Aide gets my 'Agitator of the Year' award for his conduct. Following nearly every play he would pick out a Bull Dog player and get in his grill and start trash talking. It got to be pretty annoying after the first couple times.
                      Credit Adrian as they did not take any needless penalties.
                      Tonight's matchup should be very interesting. I would imagine that Point will come out and play a stronger opening period.
                      SNC Men:
                      Five Time National Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014. 2018....
                      NCHA Champions: 1997, 1998, 1999, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017. 2018, 2019...
                      SNC Women:
                      O'Brien Cup Champions: 2013.

Comment

Adrian has been on SNC's schedule the last couple of years. They play in that spring tourney the NCAA puts on every year. If you wanna play them in December go ahead.
                        +1
                        SNC: 2008, 2011, 2012 and 2014 National Champions!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by pete99race View Post
                          Friday game comments:
                          Very entertaining game.
                          Adrian dominated the first and third periods, while Point did their best work in the middle period.
                          The Bull Dog lineup has gone smaller and faster at the forward position, compared to last seasons national runnerup squad.
                          Freshman forward, Shelby Gray has a 'bomb' of a slap shot. Reminded me of former SNC players AJ Gale and Andrew Derton.
                          Point's larger lineup served them well in the second period, as they were able to hold the offensive zone by cycling the puck on several occasions.
                          Adrian seemed to rely on their tape to tape passing to gain the zone and than fired shots from every possible angle on goal.
                          The goal tender matchup was pretty even with Adrian first year goalie Scott Shackell getting the slight advantage over Nick Graves. Shackell covered the goal mouth very well with his big 6 - 3 frame.
                          Both teams feature two of highest numbered squads in D-3 hockey.
                          Adrian features 11 players with numbers higher than 50.
                          Meanwhile, Point has seven players with numbers higher than 70.
                          Pointer Will Aide gets my 'Agitator of the Year' award for his conduct. Following nearly every play he would pick out a Bull Dog player and get in his grill and start trash talking. It got to be pretty annoying after the first couple times.
                          Credit Adrian as they did not take any needless penalties.
                          Tonight's matchup should be very interesting. I would imagine that Point will come out and play a stronger opening period.
                          Great recap Pete, thanks.
                          There's no doubt that Adrian are deeper in speed, and can be fun to watch. There were several players that didn't dress that are very capable as well. As a result line combinations tend to change from game to game and there is no particular line that has established themselves as a clear number one. Both goaltenders have been very solid also. I suppose that's a good problem to have.
                          The officials seemed have both teams well under control. With the pressure of not having won vs. the NCHA behind them, I expect there will be a bit more offense in game two.

Comment

Now I get it , SNC only plays the good non league games in the tourney, and feasts on the cupcakes to make sure they get there, nice idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Tucker6 View Post
                              Now I get it , SNC only plays the good non league games in the tourney, and feasts on the cupcakes to make sure they get there, nice idea.
                              I think the NCHA schedule provides SNC a more than sufficient diet of meat and potatoes.

Comment

Working...
                              X