X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2012 NCAA Tournament: Bracketology

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
    They could just do what the BCS does and have #1 play #2 and everyone else plays a meaningless exhibition.
    And make sure the polls have two SEC teams in those slots, even if they're both 7-5!
    Bugs Bunny - 96
    Gas House Gorillas - 95

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
      I cannot imagine that the better #1 seed will be seeded with a #2 or #3 seed Minnesota.
      i cannot imagine that they would worry about a 2nd round game when seeding for first round games and brackets.
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

College Hockey Weekly has their Bracketology up...

http://www.collegehockeyweekly.com/C..._Pairwise.html

Also, here is their forecast of what the tournament will look like...

http://www.collegehockeyweekly.com/T...-Forecast.html
        North Dakota
        National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
          Also, here is their forecast of what the tournament will look like...

http://www.collegehockeyweekly.com/T...-Forecast.html
          Attendance would be great in Bridgeport with 3 CCHA teams and Union.

You also have an all-CCHA first round game. That's incredibly unlikely.

Maine and Air Force go to Bridgeport and Miami and Western go to Worcester. Or BU and Union trade places. But the 1-16 pairing is gone. Just ask Cornell.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
            I wish they did that last year.
            Something we agree on!
            YALE HOCKEY
            2013 National Champions

Comment

Everything written here is based on what I have done with my scripts based on things that are LIKELY to happen. I do not do wacky scenarios, like RPI winning the ECAC or Mankato conquering the WCHA. There may very well be scenarios out there that do not match up with what is written below. If you can find them, more power to you. If they actually happen, you should have gone to Vegas. As Jim Dahl pointed out this morning, there are more than just a few scenarios out there.

I'll be editing this as I go.

Who is in:
              Boston College - The lowest I can get them is 7th. I can't get both Lowell and BU ahead of the Eagles. If the Hockey East title came down to them, only the winner would finish ahead of the Eagles. BC's astronomical RPI and stellar record vs TUC's keep them ahead of most teams, even if they get swept at the hands of UMass. If they sweep UMass it will be very difficult to unseat BC from the #1 seed overall.

Michigan is not in, but only by the narrowest of margins. I can get them to 12. Unless all four major conferences produce an upset, they are in.

Lowell is not in by a large margin. I can get them down to 15th rather easily.

Duluth appears to have a floor of 12th, so they are in the same boat as Michigan.
              Priceless,
              I assume everyone else can easily fall out of the field? And, have you gotten anywhere with teams who need to win their conf tourney to make the field?

Thanks.

Comment

Yes, if BU should pass BC and both remain #1 seeds, the committee would send BU to Worcester and BC to Bridgeport.

The script for the weekend:

20120309 Pv 0 ML 1 nc
                20120309 MA 0 BC 1 nc
                20120309 NH 0 BU 1 nc
                20120309 Mr 0 Me 1 nc
                20120309 AA 0 Mn 1 nc
                20120309 MT 0 CC 1 nc
                20120309 Wi 0 DU 1 nc
                20120309 BS 0 ND 1 nc
                20120309 NO 0 SC 1 nc
                20120309 Mk 0 MD 1 nc
                20120309 Qn 0 Cg 1 nc
                20120309 Da 0 Cr 1 nc
                20120309 Ya 0 Ha 1 nc
                20120309 RP 0 Un 1 nc
                20120309 MS 0 Mm 1 nc
                20120309 BG 0 FS 1 nc
                20120309 Nt 0 Mi 1 nc
                20120309 LS 0 WM 1 nc
                20120309 Ct 0 AF 1 nc
                20120309 HC 0 Mh 1 nc
                20120309 RM 0 Ni 1 nc
                20120309 By 0 RT 1 nc

Copy this for Saturday's games. Change the 0 to a 2 for a road victory - and remember to add a 3rd game to a series if you project a road win in any game. Exact game dates are not important (the UML-PC series starts on a Thursday, for example). Most sites will have a YATC script set up for the conference semis and finals next week.
                What does the 1 and the 0 mean in the script?

Comment

• Originally posted by bottomdweller View Post
                  What does the 1 and the 0 mean in the script?
                  Winner has a 1, loser a 0

Comment

Originally posted by Numbers View Post
                    CLS,
                    Actually, my preference, in a perfect world where the committee members could be trusted to be fair and honest (I don't think that exists, really), would be to start at the top of the PWR, kick the committee member from the conference of the team in question out of the room, and vote "Is this the #1 team?" I think there would be 4 votes, so give the PWR the 5th vote. If yes, move to #2. If no, move to the second team and see if they are the #1 team. Stipulate that you can only fall or rise 3 spots from the PWR (or something like that). Create the bracket as you go.

But, like I said, that's in a perfect world. In the real world, there are always deals going on. So, you couldn't do that. Instead, i would be in favor of allowing as you said, .0020 in the RPI or something like that, or 1 PWR comparison won. And, only for the sake of avoiding intraconference matchups, attendance, or the integrity of the #1 seed v AHA Champ game.

Also, there is one other thing about that. In my example above, I swapped the 12 and 14 seeds. I have to think about one other point: Since the #14 is now playing in the #12's usual place, what happens if the #12 and #13 win in round 1, and play in the Regional Finals? Who gets last change?

For that matter, as it is now, if 2 #2 seeds play in the National Semis, who gets last change?

Thanks for the help.
                    First I believe that even though teams may be #2 seeds they are still given rankings 5,6,7,8 so the higher ranked team would be the home team.

Secondly as a BC fan I am not concerned about the necessity to get the #16 team if BC ends up #1. Look at 2009 as a perfect example. BU got Ohio State because of conflicts with 2 CCHA #1's and 2 CCHA #4's instead of getting #16 Air Force. Remember the fuss then? Princeton I believe sat at #12 with the same PWR ranking as #13 but no change was made. BU went on to win the NC and Michigan was ousted by Air Force in the first round. And who is to say that a team from the lower echelons of a power conference may win their autobid and is actually lower ranked than the AHA champ. You have to win 4 games and if you cannot beat a #4 seed you probably would fall to someone else along the way anyway. That is why a tweak to perfect it is not necessary. If the gameplan is to make sure the #4 seeds don't have a chance then just go back to a 12 team tournament or play the games at the #1 seed's home rink.

Comment

The thing is, unless you are top of the top it's mostly a cointoss. Even if you are top of the top it's somewhat better than a cointoss. We know what it's like during the year... Same rules apply.

That being said, if seeds and rank are to mean anything then they should give some advantage otherwise why have them?
                      BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                      Skating Friar Jersey
                      AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                      UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                      Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Attendance would be great in Bridgeport with 3 CCHA teams and Union.

You also have an all-CCHA first round game. That's incredibly unlikely.

Maine and Air Force go to Bridgeport and Miami and Western go to Worcester. Or BU and Union trade places. But the 1-16 pairing is gone. Just ask Cornell.
                        I agree. I did not put together the brackets.

Also, I just want to thank IrishFan85 for being my new stalker. After JDubbs got banned I was missing the extra attention
                        North Dakota

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                          I agree. I did not put together the brackets.

Also, I just want to thank IrishFan85 for being my new stalker. After JDubbs got banned I was missing the extra attention
                          Hate to tell you this , but JDubbs is back
                          GO DU !!!

Comment

Is anyone aware of a website which has archived the PWR for recent seasons, (especially 2009-10)? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
                              Hate to tell you this , but JDubbs is back
                              Wonderful.
                              North Dakota

Comment

Originally posted by alnike View Post
                                Is anyone aware of a website which has archived the PWR for recent seasons, (especially 2009-10)? Thanks.
                                tbrw.info has that information if you click on their index and then the PWR link

2009-2010 Final PWR:
                                1. Miami
                                2. Denver
                                3. Wisconsin
                                4. Boston College
                                5. North Dakota
                                6. St. Cloud State
                                7. Cornell
                                8. Bemidji State
                                9. Yale
                                10. Northern Michigan
                                11t. New Hampshire
                                11t. Michigan
                                11t. Alaska
                                11t. Vermont
                                15t. Ferris State
                                15t. Michigan State
                                17. Minnesota-Duluth
                                18. Maine
                                19. Union
                                20t. Colorado College
                                20t. Nebraska Omaha
                                20t. UMass-Lowell
                                23. Boston University
                                24. Minnesota
                                25. RIT
                                North Dakota

Comment

Working...
                                X