10 Maine (HE)
    11 Denver U (WC)
    12 Mich State (CC)
    13 North Dakota (WC)
    14 Northern Mich (CC)
    15 Cornell (EC)
    ---
    16 Merrimack (HE)

Duluth loses 1st place because Minnesota rallied to defeat Wisconsin and flipped the comparison by .0006 RPI (.0004 if AA wins) and they lose ties with Michigan and Lowell.

Code:
    Bridgeport	Worcester	St. Paul	Green Bay
    Lowell		Boston C	Michigan	Duluth
    Boston U	Union		Minnesota	Ferris St
    Mich St		Maine		Miami		Denver
    No Dakota	AHA Champ	Cornell		No Mich
    I'm curious. Can you explain why Michigan would not be assigned to Green Bay and UMD to St. Paul as Michigan is closer to Green Bay and UMD is closer to St. Paul in the assignment of the #1 seeds. Is it because it is a flight for Michigan either way due to the drive being more than 5 hours and it is a better fit from a seed integrity standpoint?

Comment

• Originally posted by Biddco View Post
      False. We beat the team with a deadly power play and the number one overall seed.
      You have to be dizzy from that spinning.
      the state of hockey is good

Comment

• Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
        You have to be dizzy from that spinning.
        If the cold hard facts mean spinning, consider me Fox News
        tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

• Originally posted by Biddco View Post
          If the cold hard facts mean spinning, consider me Fox News
          Don't mind if I do.

Yale and Union. *shudders with fear*
          the state of hockey is good

Comment

• Re: 2012 NCAA Tournament: Bracketology

Originally posted by Amsoil View Post
            I'm curious. Can you explain why Michigan would not be assigned to Green Bay and UMD to St. Paul as Michigan is closer to Green Bay and UMD is closer to St. Paul in the assignment of the #1 seeds. Is it because it is a flight for Michigan either way due to the drive being more than 5 hours and it is a better fit from a seed integrity standpoint?
            Because they're flying. It's reinforced because they're the #2 overall seed and Minnesota is #7. 4v7 and 2v5 are not matchups the committee wants. So, both.

Comment

The script for tonight's Game 3's

20120304 SH 0 By 1 nc
              20120304 AI 0 RM 1 nc
              20120304 BG 0 NM 1 nc
              20120304 RP 0 Ck 1 nc
              20120304 Bn 0 Qn 1 nc
              20120304 Pn 0 Ya 1 nc

All of these teams are playing for their tournament lives. A loss tonight for Northern Michigan drops them to #16, 2 comparisons behind Cornell and Merrimack. With no games left, hard to see a way for NMU to get back in the field.

Comment

• Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                Because they're flying. It's reinforced because they're the #2 overall seed and Minnesota is #7. 4v7 and 2v5 are not matchups the committee wants. So, both.
                Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                  The script for tonight's Game 3's

20120304 SH 0 By 1 nc
                  20120304 AI 0 RM 1 nc
                  20120304 BG 0 NM 1 nc
                  20120304 RP 0 Ck 1 nc
                  20120304 Bn 0 Qn 1 nc
                  20120304 Pn 0 Ya 1 nc

All of these teams are playing for their tournament lives. A loss tonight for Northern Michigan drops them to #16, 2 comparisons behind Cornell and Merrimack. With no games left, hard to see a way for NMU to get back in the field.
                  Appreciate the thought, Priceless. What happens if NoMich loses to BG, and then next week Cornell or Merrimack lose their quarterfinal? Could NoMich do the ultimate back-in? What I get is that both the NoMich/Corn and the NoMich/Merri compares are entirely RPI dependent, and 2 losses by either Corn or Merri would swing them back to NoMich. Do you concur?
                  Last edited by Numbers; 03-04-2012, 08:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Numbers View Post
                    Appreciate the thought, Priceless. What happens if NoMich loses to BG, and then next week Cornell or Merrimack lose their quarterfinal? Could NoMich do the ultimate back-in?
                    without looking... I'd say yes... but a lot of this game is spoken through TUC.

Tournament time... generally... 1. Hard to fall significantly. 2. Easy to move up.

Now, this year is a bit different... the RPI is really tight between the teams from about 4-18 or so. While certain schools have more cushion others are clearly all out of cushion. PWR is a very SENSITIVE procedure... so until we get down to next week we don't know a whole lot.
                    BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                    Skating Friar Jersey
                    AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                    UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                    Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by Numbers View Post
                      Appreciate the thought, Priceless. What happens if NoMich loses to BG, and then next week Cornell or Merrimack lose their quarterfinal? Could NoMich do the ultimate back-in?
                      RPI did. The Wildcats could.

Comment

• Originally posted by Numbers View Post
                        then western will get lake in the best of three and whomever wins would probably pass northern (flipping rpi which northern is winning vs both). nd has a chance too to pass them.

the rest of the comparisons look to be safely in nmu's favor.
                        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Thanks again, Patman, Priceless, Mookie. I like what you wrote, M about WM v LSSU. That's really looking ahead. How about 1 step further yet? BG beats NM, so WM faces LSSU. Whoever wins that loses 2 at the Joe, and then we are back where we started, with NM in the tourney. Or, to make things worse in the CCHA, what if MSU loses 2 in a row to Miami? Do they get added to the mix of stew right around the tourney bubble?

I, being a Minny fan, have been trying to find a way to get CC in the tourney, too. And, I think that it might be they can make it if they go all the way to the Broadmoor Final, and NMU loses tonight, LSSU beats WMU and then loses 2 at the Joe, and MSU gets swept by Miami. I might try to run that through the calculator.

Comment

Here's what I'm going with based on CHN's list 10 minutes ago

Worcester
                            1 - BC
                            8 - Union
                            10 - Maine
                            16 - AHA

St Paul
                            4 - Minn-Duluth
                            7 - UMN
                            9 - Miami
                            15 - Merrimack

Bridgeport
                            3 - UML
                            6 - BU
                            12 - MSU
                            14 - Cornell

Green Bay
                            2 - UMich
                            5 - Ferris
                            11 - Denver
                            13 - No Dak

Michigan is the higher seed than UMD while a 4-5 vs Ferris would preserve integrity it would be unfair to Michigan (and lets face it, anybody) to take on Minnesota in Minnesota. Saving goes to the higher seed... and isn't that nice, it puts UMD in St. Paul as well. It also means that NoDak/Cornell don't need to be swapped. Maine and Miami are swapped for the sake of attendance in Worcester... Miami is stuck no matter what. I suppose you could swap NoDak --> Cornell --> Merrimack... but favorable Bridgeport attendance and Green Bay attendance is bolstered by the above. (Honestly, its mostly because I don't want UML vs. North Dakota)

I cannot imagine that the better #1 seed will be seeded with a #2 or #3 seed Minnesota.
                            Last edited by Patman; 03-04-2012, 09:26 PM.
                            BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                            Skating Friar Jersey
                            AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                            UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                            Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

I think Michigan gets sent to St. Paul because the committee won't want 2v5 and 4v7 when it could just as easily have 2v7 and 4v5.

Code:
                              No Dakota	AHA Champ	Merrimack	Cornell

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                                I think Michigan gets sent to St. Paul because the committee won't want 2v5 and 4v7 when it could just as easily have 2v7 and 4v5.

Code:
                                No Dakota	AHA Champ	Merrimack	Cornell
                                Love to read you guys' thoughts!! Fun, isn't it? Tbh, I don't know which I would predict. I go both ways. Michigan, as a higher #1, should have priority to Green Bay. But, they have to fly. UMD can drive either way. Michigan's flight is cheaper into Mpls, than to GB, I would imagine, so tends to Mich in St Paul. But, that's tough assignment, Mich against Minn in Round 2.

Then, I think: Look, Michigan, UM-L, and UMD, are all tied. I know, the RPI is tiebreaker, but still, they are all tied. Likewise, BU and Minny are really tied. So, if I want to spin the seeds, I could just as well say that UMD is a 3, and Minn is a 6, and then I am fine again.

So, I simply would not know how the committee approaches this problem.

Comment

Working...
                                X