9. Minnesota
    10. Maine
    11. Miami
    12. Notre Dame
    13. Northern Michigan
    14. Denver
    15. Union
    16. RIT

**Hockey East would have the 2nd most teams behind the CCHA. The big, bad WCHA currently in 3rd. Pitiful ECAC would only get one (whoever wins the tourney).

St. Paul:

1. UMD
    2. Michigan
    3. Minnesota
    4. RIT

Worcester:

1. BU
    2. Ohio State
    3. Maine
    4. Union

Bridgeport:

1. UML
    2. Merrimack
    3. Miami
    4. Northern Michigan

Green Bay:

1. Ferris State
    2. BC
    3. Notre Dame
    4. Denver

**Had to swap Denver and Northern Michigan

The only question to me is, would the committee swap Merrimack and BC because BC would bring the most fans to Bridgeport?

Comment

• Re: 2012 NCAA Tournament: Bracketology

Polls are fine in general. However in college sports (all of 'em) they should wait a few weeks (maybe 25% into the season, as a blindly guessed estimate) before the first poll goes out. Why? Turnover. Who's leaving? Who's coming in? Etc.

Preseason polls are BS with the amount of turnover that colleges have. It makes it that much more difficult to move up or down, due to rankings before games are being played.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Two regionals within a decent drive for me, and odds are my team will end up in farking Connecticut? F* hockey.
        /yes, I understand the reasoning. It's still annoying.
        Always a Wildcat...
        Originally posted by Kepler
        If you quote the derp you are spreading the derp. Please help keep the board derp-free.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
          The only question to me is, would the committee swap Merrimack and BC because BC would bring the most fans to Bridgeport?
          Even though Merrimack is traveling much better, more BC fans would travel to GB than MC. MC fans would definitely show up to the Woo or CT.

Comment

Originally posted by Yuppie Scum View Post
            Even though Merrimack is traveling much better, more BC fans would travel to GB than MC. MC fans would definitely show up to the Woo or CT.
            The Woo? Somebody isn't a local

Wuhstah or wusstehr
            BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
            Skating Friar Jersey
            AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
            UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
            Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by nmupiccdiva View Post
              Two regionals within a decent drive for me, and odds are my team will end up in farking Connecticut? F* hockey.
              Relax, dude. It's only February. That being said, I was looking forward to seeing BC in Manchester or Bridgeport last year...oh well. Don't have much sympathy for teams who just sneak into the tourney, only for high seeds that get a bit of a raw deal.

Originally posted by Yuppie Scum View Post
              I think you're overestimating the number of BC fans who would travel to Green Bay.

Comment

It's only annoying hypothetically- like this way to early hand wringing. Too much hockey to play, especially with so many teams comparisons so close. At this point if you are not a strong #1 seed with a decent advantage in winning comparisons, you should just be glad your team is in the mix.

Comment

With 6 teams from the CCHA I think a better solution in this setup is to allow the matchup between NMU and Ferris to be held in Green Bay. That would present the Green Bay site with it's best attendance possibility with NMU being closest to it. Also it would have perfect bracket integrity. With the rule being 5 or more for one conference bracket integrity takes precedence and this would be allowed especially since it would be 6 for the CCHA. On another note, it is really important for your TUC in your league to beat the TUC of other conferences. That is why the CCHA and Hockey East are so well represented now.

Comment

diva, you'd have fun there. depending on who you went with
                    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

All fans need to take a deep breath and relax. We all know that every team will be placed in every region and teams will be in and out on and off the bubble. the next four weeks should be fun and good luck to everyone. Go Merrimack!
                      Rinks Visited
                      DCU Center
                      Tulley Forum
                      TD Garden
                      Tsongas Arena
                      J. Thom Lawler Arena
                      Conte Forum
                      Whittemore Center
                      Agganis Arena
                      Verizon Center
                      Gutterson Fieldhouse
                      Matthews Arena
                      Thompson Arena
                      Mullins Center
                      Alfond Arena
                      Schneider Arena
                      Magness Arena
                      Ingallas Arena
                      Hart Center
                      Prudential Center
                      TD Bank Sports Center
                      John A Ryan
                      Lynah Rink
                      Appleton Arena
                      Cheel Arena
                      Germain Arena
                      XL Center
                      Class of 1965 Arena

Comment

• Originally posted by MCgrad07 View Post
                        All fans need to take a deep breath and relax. We all know that every team will be placed in every region and teams will be in and out on and off the bubble. the next four weeks should be fun and good luck to everyone. Go Merrimack!
                        No kidding. Locations won't be close to settled heading into conference championship weekend.
                        BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                        Skating Friar Jersey
                        AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                        UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                        Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                          It would be an interesting matchup that is for sure.

FWIW, the voting for the projected tournament was done by the same group of 8 that voted for the midseason All-American team, and the midseason awards.

Here was my ballot:

#1 Seeds: Ohio State, Boston College, Merrimack, Minnesota Duluth
                          #2 Seeds: Colorado College, Western Michigan, Union, Notre Dame
                          #3 Seeds: Minnesota, Boston University, Cornell, Michigan State
                          #4 Seeds: Denver, Atlantic Hockey Champion, UMass Lowell, Colgate
                          Yep, you're an idiot. Merrimack with a #1 seed? michigan state, UMass Lowell and Colgate in the tournament? No Michigan or Ferris State?

And don't say that you were just using your honest opinion and justify it by saying that you didn't put North Dakota in that bracket. Face it, you're just bitter that you lost to Michigan in the National Semi's last year. For all we know, you were the guy who flipped-off Scooter after he scored the nail-in-the-coffin goal of your season...

http://mocksession.com/2011/04/nonve...e-frozen-four/
                          Originally posted by alfablue
                          Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
                          Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
                          I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Originally posted by UMICH View Post
                            Yep, you're an idiot. Merrimack with a #1 seed? michigan state, UMass Lowell and Colgate in the tournament? No Michigan or Ferris State?

And don't say that you were just using your honest opinion and justify it by saying that you didn't put North Dakota in that bracket. Face it, you're just bitter that you lost to Michigan in the National Semi's last year. For all we know, you were the guy who flipped-off Scooter after he scored the nail-in-the-coffin goal of your season...

http://mocksession.com/2011/04/nonve...e-frozen-four/
                            Let me make sure I get this. You're upset about his vote in a mind-numbingly meaningless poll? Really?

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                              Let me make sure I get this. You're upset about his vote in a mind-numbingly meaningless poll? Really?
                              Wait a minute. You're actually trying to understand that? I think you should give up.
                              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                                Who said they were upset? It just took him longer than the rest of us to figure out FS23 was an idiot.
                                No man is entitled to the benefits of freedom if he is not vigilant in its preservation. - Douglas MacArthur

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it. - Albert Einstein

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.- Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Working...
                                X