Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Colorado First Night Battles: Union, CC, Denver and The Air Force Dec 30th and 31st

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colorado First Night Battles: Union, CC, Denver and The Air Force Dec 30th and 31st

CC hosts Air Force and Union.
    Denver hosts Union Friday and visits Cadet Arena on Saturday.

I will be at both DU games. Taking the family to the New Year's game. Love the rink at the academy. I expect AF could come out with 2-3 points. CC will go without Jaden Schwartz and DU without Jason Zucker. Captains both on their WJ teams.
    The Dutchman face two strong WCHA teams after recently falling to Merrimack. I'm looking forward to getting a first hand look at Union. It's one of those weekends where I wish I could be in two rinks at once. CC hosts the Big Red the following weekend. I may blow off one of our games against UAH to check out one of those games. It's good to have a look at as many teams as possible (especially East Coast teams) heading into the second half.
    Go Pioneers!

Re: Colorado First Night Battles: Union, CC, Denver and The Air Force Dec 30th and 3

Originally posted by MagnessMan View Post

I will be at both DU games. Taking the family to the New Year's game. Love the rink at the academy. I expect AF could come out with 2-3 points. CC will go without Jaden Schwartz and DU without Jason Zucker. Captains both on their WJ teams.
    The Dutchman face two strong WCHA teams after recently falling to Merrimack. I'm looking forward to getting a first hand look at Union. It's one of those weekends where I wish I could be in two rinks at once. CC hosts the Big Red the following weekend. I may blow off one of our games against UAH to check out one of those games. It's good to have a look at as many teams as possible (especially East Coast teams) heading into the second half.
    I may be at the DU-Air Force game as well.

Also, Union beat Merrimack 3-1. I fully expect Union to push both CC and DU and wouldn't be surprised if Union came away with a couple of wins. Hopefully not though...the WCHA needs a strong holiday non-conference showing to help our Pairwise numbers come March.
    North Dakota
    National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Re: Colorado First Night Battles: Union, CC, Denver and The Air Force Dec 30th and 3

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
      I may be at the DU-Air Force game as well.

Cool. Let me know if you make it.

Also, Union beat Merrimack 3-1. I fully expect Union to push both CC and DU and wouldn't be surprised if Union came away with a couple of wins. Hopefully not though...the WCHA needs a strong holiday non-conference showing to help our Pairwise numbers come March.
      True--got them turned around. I agree Union has a strong chance to come away with 3-4 points.
      Go Pioneers!

Comment

True--got them turned around. I agree Union has a strong chance to come away with 3-4 points.
        Union is a very strong ECAC team, and is one of the more "complete" teams that I have seen this year. I think DU and CC will have an edge in talent, but the losses of Zucker and Schwartz (pretty cool that they are their country's captains) could be difficult to overcome. Either way, Go Pios and Go Tigers!
        North Dakota
        National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Hopefully DU wears Union down on Friday night.
          Originally posted by vizoroo
          Thought you had picked the avatar so we could id you. Guess he fooled me too.
          Originally posted by duper
          I obviously missed it, but it sounds like some idiot from CC took trolling to a whole new, totally inappropriate level.

I was well over the borderline. I figured I would meet you on your turf.
          Every time you post like an *******, I want to quote the idiotic comment you made where you claim not to be a troll. You're such a dick.
          Originally posted by dggoddard
          Finally you made me laugh.

There may be hope for you yet.

Comment

Any Union fans making the trip out to Colorado for the weekend?
            Go Pioneers!

Comment

This could be a very tough weekend for DU. The TEAM will have to step it up a notch. Air Force is always tough and Union, although an unknown to DU fans, may be the class of the ECAC. They are ranked above DU going into the weekend.

Since there is no video of the Air Force game, we can watch JZ and Team USA while listening to Jay. Can you believe that both games are being played in the Mountain time zone?
              GO DU !!!

Comment

Although it’s just down the road from the Litter Box, the atmosphere at the Air Force Academy is one of the nicest in the country. It’s a place where you can take your kids. The fans are pleasant and you feel welcome.

Comment

Bump
                  Go Pioneers!

Comment

DU's game notes for the weekend. Only the second time the Pios and the Dutchman have squared off.
                    http://www.denverpioneers.com/ViewAr...B_OEM_ID=18600

GWOZDECKY ON UNION
                    "As the nation's third best defensive team and the 11th best offensive team, Union is well-balanced and difficult to find a weakness. Union has proven scorers and a goaltender who has some of the best numbers in college hockey. Although their record may not appear that way, Union may be even better than last year's team which won the ECAC title and played in the NCAA Tournament."

GWOZDECKY ON AIR FORCE
                    "Coach Frank Serratore and his staff have put the Falcon hockey program on the national map. The rivalry between Air Force and DU has really developed. Air Force has the nation's sixth best offensive team and can score quickly even strength or on the power play. The importance of this year's game has national implications for both teams."
                    Go Pioneers!

Comment

Based on what I'm hearing about Union's D it looks like the Pios might be in deep **** on Friday night.
                      Go Pioneers!

Comment

At full strength both DU and CC would have a tough time against Union. With each team missing such a key forward, I expect Union to win at least one this weekend and I wouldn't be surprised if they won both.

Comment

Gwoz has his hands full to get the boyz up to play two tough opponents.
                          1st line Drew Shore at center is strong, but who will be up there with him. The Z's Larraza and Salazar
                          2nd line Nick Shore at center, and ...??? Mermis and Doremus. Nick has not had the same breakout year that Drew did as a soph.
                          3rd line--The only line that has remained steady is Knowlton-Ostrow-Jackson, both in makeup and play.
                          4th line ?????? Tabrum, Dewhurst, Loney, Olzewski(oops another z)

The D pairings seem to be set, but time for Makowski and LaLeggia to get back on the goal train.

Not surprisingly none of the freshman have come on as strong as Zucker did. Will one of them begin the road to stardom in the 2nd half? Could it be Scott Mayfield? Or has Jussi already begun that road?
                          Will Nick Shore become more consistent and move his level of play up a notch? (Think I expected him to have a sophomore year like Drew did.)
                          Can Drew and Dusty lead this team to at least one victory this weekend?
                          When will the special teams become special?
                          Who is going to start scoring some goals?

And the elephants in the rink--Brittain, Bennett, Ryder and Murray--when will they be back and how will they play??
                          Last edited by vizoroo; 12-29-2011, 11:08 AM.
                          GO DU !!!

Comment

Here's my best guess. He's got lots of options in mixing things up because really no line has produced consistently. With Zooker (Formerly known as--Zucker) MIA the PP lines are a mystery as well. It's a crap shoot. When you start looking at the possibility it leaves you feeling less than hopeful for our chances tomorrow night against the #3 D in the nation. Lord have mercy!

Doremus - D.Shore - Salazar
                            Mermis - N.Shore - Knowlton
                            Olzewski -Ostrow - Jackson
                            Larraza-Tabrum-Loney
                            Last edited by MagnessMan; 12-29-2011, 09:51 PM.
                            Go Pioneers!

Comment

*****http://2.bp.blogspot.com/--L0yV_b_lX0/TsZG5BQWjbI/AAAAAAAALc4/pT1vuHwg2m8/s400/ImageyoxIi9p42FITKnVcJMrduQ%25253D%25253D%25255B1% 25255D.jpg******
                              DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

Working...
                              X