Western Michigan @ SCSU December 29th & 30th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Western Michigan @ SCSU December 29th & 30th

any husky fans tried to go over to the husky fan site? I can get to it by the link on dahuskies, but not by typing the web address. I also put in for a new password and it said it sent it and it never did.
    I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Originally posted by scsutommyboy View Post
      any husky fans tried to go over to the husky fan site? I can get to it by the link on dahuskies, but not by typing the web address. I also put in for a new password and it said it sent it and it never did.
      I'm able to get into the new site ok - you do you have to go directly to the forum as the main page isn't ready yet...

www.scsuhockey.com/forum
      "Today I do what you won't, so tomorrow I can do what you can't." - Unknown

Between autocorrect, touch typing and a lack of desire or time to proofread on the internet, there are likely errors in any text I post. If pointing these out will add to your sense of self worth and validate your life, knock yourself out.

Comment

Same experience on the password reset. I am able to read on the new site, that is all. Looks nice though.

Comment

Unfortunately there have been a few issues with emails being sent through the new site. If you haven't tried this (http://scsuhockey.com/forum/ucp.php?mode=sendpassword) yet please do so otherwise send a PM to mdneilson through DaHuskies and he will try to reset your information in a timely manner. As DB mentioned, only the forums are up right now as that was top priority. Other parts of the site will be up and running as the kinks get worked out. It's looking good so far and here's the link again.......

www.scsuhockey.com/forum

Comment

Is the team all back from break now? Did they practice today?
            This was posted by hockeypuck on the new site this morning.......

Injury updates, couple notes from SCSU mens' hockey practice

EDIT: There's also this......
            St. Cloud State Men’s Hockey Adds Joe Rehkamp to Roster

St. Cloud State University men’s hockey coach Bob Motzko has announced that Joe Rehkamp (Plymouth, Minn./Breck) will join the Huskies’ roster for the remainder of the 2011-12 season. Rehkamp will be eligible to play in St. Cloud State’s upcoming series against Western Michigan University at the National Hockey Center on Dec. 29-30.

A 5-11, 180-pound forward, Rehkamp most recently played during the fall of 2011 with Waterloo of the USHL. In 23 games at Waterloo, Rehkamp had eight goals and six assists this season. He previously played two seasons of USHL hockey with Fargo, where he charted 14 goals and 16 assists with the Force from 2009 to 2011. At Fargo, Rehkamp played one season in 2009-10 under coach Steve Johnson, who currently serves as an assistant coach for the Huskies.

“Joe (Rehkamp) will be a great addition to our team,” SCSU coach Bob Motzko said. “His experience and skills will add quality depth to our offense.

“I really want to thank P.K. O’Handley and the Waterloo Blackhawks for their support in our dealing with Joe. It is very difficult to lose a player midway through a season and they acted with great class throughout the process. It really shows the quality and integrity of the program at Waterloo that they were able to help us out with the addition of Joe to our team.”

A four-year standout at The Breck School, Rehkamp helped guide the Mustangs to a Minnesota State High School League Class A title in 2009. Rehkamp gained All-State Tournament honors that season after posting three goals and five assists for Breck in tournament play that year. He is the son of Cindy and John Rehkamp of Plymouth, Minn.

“I am very excited to have this new opportunity to play at a higher level,” Rehkamp said. “It has always one of my goals to play in the WCHA. My Grandfather (Roger Rehkamp) played football at St. Cloud State and I have a lot of relatives that live in this area, so it will be great to play hockey here at the National Hockey Center.

“I feel fortunate that I was able to have a great experience at Waterloo and in the USHL. I want to thank them for helping me get this opportunity and achieve my goals as a hockey player.”

SCSU currently owns a 7-9-4, 5-6-3 WCHA record in 2011-12. The Huskies will resume play on Dec. 29-30 with a pair of non-conference games against Western Michigan University at the National Hockey Center. Both games have been designated as Youth Hockey Nights. All youth hockey players (grade K-8) who wear their team jersey to the game will be admitted FREE with a paid adult.

The St. Cloud Times Family Four-Packs will also be offered for these games. This special offer includes four tickets in the Plaza Park Bank Family Section for just $40. Call 1-877-SCSUTIX or 320-308-2137 for details.
            Last edited by motox; 12-28-2011, 12:49 PM.

Comment

Welcome Rehkamp!
              "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
              -Gallagher

R.I.P.
              Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
              Grandma ~ Jan 2004
              Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
              Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Can someone in the SCSU fan base pass along a message to "mdnielson" over at DaHuskies? My username (same as it is here on USCHO) does not appear to be working. He said to contact him on the "Site Issues" thread, but since I cannot login, I cannot contact him or view his contact information. Thanks.

And yes, welcome Joe!

Comment

Originally posted by Pump It Up View Post
                  Can someone in the SCSU fan base pass along a message to "mdnielson" over at DaHuskies? My username (same as it is here on USCHO) does not appear to be working. He said to contact him on the "Site Issues" thread, but since I cannot login, I cannot contact him or view his contact information. Thanks.

And yes, welcome Joe!
                  Check your PM's on DaHuskies.
                  That's how he contacted Rabid and he's now able to get on.
                  "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                  -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                  Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                  Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                  Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                  Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by Pump It Up View Post

And yes, welcome Joe!
                    he sent me an e-mail and I still can't log onto the new site........

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

[QUOTE=motox;5305199]Unfortunately there have been a few issues with emails being sent through the new site. If you haven't tried this (http://scsuhockey.com/forum/ucp.php?mode=sendpassword) yet please do so otherwise send a PM to mdneilson through DaHuskies and he will try to reset your information in a timely manner. As DB mentioned, only the forums are up right now as that was top priority. Other parts of the site will be up and running as the kinks get worked out. It's looking good so far and here's the link again.......

www.scsuhockey.com/forum[/QUOTE

Well I sent him a PM and he sent me a e-mail saying what to do. I clicked on the e-mail and did what he said and then the site is suppose to send me an e-mail with the new password, but I never got. So the next day I did it again and I never got it again. I can't do any more than that.

In Bob we Trust!

Comment

[QUOTE=scsutommyboy;5305408]
                        Originally posted by motox View Post
                        Unfortunately there have been a few issues with emails being sent through the new site. If you haven't tried this (http://scsuhockey.com/forum/ucp.php?mode=sendpassword) yet please do so otherwise send a PM to mdneilson through DaHuskies and he will try to reset your information in a timely manner. As DB mentioned, only the forums are up right now as that was top priority. Other parts of the site will be up and running as the kinks get worked out. It's looking good so far and here's the link again.......

www.scsuhockey.com/forum[/QUOTE

Well I sent him a PM and he sent me a e-mail saying what to do. I clicked on the e-mail and did what he said and then the site is suppose to send me an e-mail with the new password, but I never got. So the next day I did it again and I never got it again. I can't do any more than that.
                        I sent mdnielson a PM on the old DaHuskies forum (which still let me log in). The e-mail I had associated with my DaHuskies account was my old SCSU student e-mail which obviously does not work anymore and so, no e-mail. After I sent the PM he took care of it for me pretty swiftly.

Comment

[QUOTE=Pump It Up;5305532]

I sent mdnielson a PM on the old DaHuskies forum (which still let me log in). The e-mail I had associated with my DaHuskies account was my old SCSU student e-mail which obviously does not work anymore and so, no e-mail. After I sent the PM he took care of it for me pretty swiftly.
                          Mine is all good now as well.

Who is going to the game tonight? God I hope the local hockey kids take advantage of the youth hockey night. This a must sweep weekend and they will need their "A" game and a little luck to pull off a sweep against a good Western team.

In Bob we Trust!

Comment

Originally posted by Husckey Domi Nation View Post
                            Motzko may need extra time to prepare this squad for the Broncos. The roster is getting a little thin. MacMillian is gone. Morley, Lee and LeBlanc are out indefinitely (in not for the rest of the season). That leaves twelve forwards, eight defensemen and three goalies (including practice goalie, Nate Hardy). Who's going to be on Thorson's line? MacMillian assisted on 4 of Thorson's 5 goals this season. Will Zabkowicz or Thorson be converted into a forward? Does Brandon Burrell get more game time?

Maybe MacMillian's departure motivates some of these guys such as Christian, Holka or Milan to step up their performances.

Western Michigan is going to pose a lot, if not too many, line-for-line challenges to compete with if we get more guys nicked up or injured.
                            Contrary to other posts in this thread, Motzko must also think having only twelve healthy forwards leaves the team too thin. I think Hatten quoted the Coach as describing it as "dangerous." Welcome aboard Joe Rehkamp.

Rehkamp looks like a solid addition who should stick long term with the team. Hopefully he has a better scoring touch than Ryan Peckskamp.

Comment

According to Charter Communications, the game will be televised in the Kalamazoo market. Let the Two Hearted Ale flow.

Comment

Hope St. Cloud can have the same success they had exactly one year ago when they defeated Cornell and Miami to win the Florida College Hockey Classic and brought home the Ned Harkness Cup. (Without the post-tournament hi-jinks of course.) Maybe Nic Dowd will have another big series this week as well.

Wonder if the 2010 St. Cloud State team has its name on the banner hanging in the Germain Arena in Estero, Florida?

Comment

Working...
                                X