UConn Hires Consulting Firm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UConn Hires Consulting Firm

UConn has a high level club team in Alpine Skiing that competes in the McConnell Division of the USCSA, toughest in the east. The McConnell Division has all the USCSA varsity programs in the east. The UConn Invitational is January 12-13 at Jiminy Peak this year.

UConn also has a past national championship or two in Equestrian, I believe.

Comment

Pardon me if this is a dumb question... how many scholarships does UConn offer for women's hockey? The full 18 alloted to the sport?

If it's any less that that, I would think they'd be in line for additional scholarships too.
      Friends don't let friends go to PITT.

Save on GAS... BAN NASCAR

Comment

Originally posted by RSTuthill View Post
        UConn has a high level club team in Alpine Skiing that competes in the McConnell Division of the USCSA, toughest in the east. The McConnell Division has all the USCSA varsity programs in the east. The UConn Invitational is January 12-13 at Jiminy Peak this year.

I believe that the UConn paintball team also won a national title in my later years of grad school... but I don't think there are any schollies in that
        BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
        Skating Friar Jersey
        AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
        UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
        Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by Spydey629 View Post
          Pardon me if this is a dumb question... how many scholarships does UConn offer for women's hockey? The full 18 alloted to the sport?

If it's any less that that, I would think they'd be in line for additional scholarships too.
          My understanding is that the full 18 are offered, as an offset to the extra 20 needed when football was upgraded to Division I-A.
          UConn -- Clarkson

Comment

Originally posted by kingdobbs View Post
            My understanding is that the full 18 are offered
            That's my guess, especially considering that their women's team is pretty decent (runner-up for the Hockey East title a couple years back).
            Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
            Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
            Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

http://animalscience.uconn.edu/equin...strianteam.php

http://www.varsityequestrian.com/universities.html

http://www.ncaa.com/sports/skiing/d1

http://www.skiing.uconn.edu/about.html

Comment

But how are the bowling and badmiton teams doing?

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
                  But how are the bowling and badmiton teams doing?
                  Hehehe ... goldie_331, I am guessing you are a couch potato making fun of people actually who are up off their asses and doing a sport. But nonetheless you may be surprised to learn that bowling is actually an NCAA sport. Badminton I think is not, but it is an Olympic sport.

Comment

Hehehe ... goldie_331, I am guessing you are a couch potato making fun of people actually who are up off their asses and doing a sport. But nonetheless you may be surprised to learn that bowling is actually an NCAA sport. Badminton I think is not, but it is an Olympic sport.
                    I am a couch potato because I'm old and broken down, not by choice. If I wasn't so broken down I'd be playing old guy hockey (badly).

I'm making fun of the fringe sports, because they are fringe sports, like equestrian. I played a fringe sport in college as I was on the men's volleyball club (B team, not A). Yes, I'm well aware of bowling being NCAA and remain surprised that badminton is not yet. It's a varsity sport in Minnesota State High School League and much more physically demanding than bowling.

Comment

• Re: UConn Hires Consulting Firm

I am a couch potato because I'm old and broken down, not by choice. If I wasn't so broken down I'd be playing old guy hockey (badly).

I'm making fun of the fringe sports, because they are fringe sports, like equestrian. I played a fringe sport in college as I was on the men's volleyball club (B team, not A). Yes, I'm well aware of bowling being NCAA and remain surprised that badminton is not yet. It's a varsity sport in Minnesota State High School League and much more physically demanding than bowling.
                      I played men's USVBA BB at Minnesota and enjoyed it. Good times.
                      Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
                      dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
                      wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Sorry to hear about that. I am kinda in the same boat but still able to compete as an age grouper in a couple of sports. I think it is important to push yourself to compete as long as possible in life. It's a lifestyle choice which is why there is so much adult hockey going on.

Comment

Over the years their polo team has won a few national championships, too, although it isn't an NCAA sport.

Comment

Good point. And the Friends had it a good two or three days before they gave it to the press. Jim, Patman, and Kingdobbs, it looks like it may be shortly time for us to open our wallets. If it is to move to HE, I hope you will be joining me.
                            Oh yes.

Comment

The only way I see Uconn in Hockey East is if they play the Hockey East games at Hartford. The Uconn rink is too small and too far away from the fan base.

Comment

Not at all sure that this is good news.

Link to new AD story.

Originally posted by Matt75 View Post
                                The only way I see Uconn in Hockey East is if they play the Hockey East games at Hartford. The Uconn rink is too small and too far away from the fan base.
                                Obviously the current rink is too small. But if they can draw 9,000 to Gample, they should be able to draw 4,000 - 5,000 to a campus rink with a nationally competitive program playing HE and big name OOC opponents.
                                Last edited by RSTuthill; 01-04-2012, 09:53 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X