Contenders - NOT in TOP 15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Contenders - NOT in TOP 15

Just wanted to start a little discussion here about who could make some noise in the NCAAs. Are there any teams worthy of discussion who are NOT in the TOP 15. Hmm At this point in the season we should sort of know what teams are made of/ have in store for the remainder of the season. ANY TEAMS!?!?

Re: Contenders - NOT in TOP 15

Curry College!
    Jim Reisdorf
    Standing on the Rail #59

jim@loremans.com contact me for all your custom embroidery, engraving and screen printing needs! check out our website... www.loremans.com

Romney will be missed by all that have been there for the great match ups between Platty and 'Wego!!!

After Closing out Romney the right way, We opened the new rink the right way.... another loss for the Lakers!

St. Louis is a BUM!!!!

Go Sabres!!!

Comment

Buff State
      http://www.patriottreeco.com

Comment

Purely based on records and results as I have not seen either of these two teams play:

St. Thomas and St. Scholastica.

Based on history:

Hobart, Manhattanville, Babson.

Comment

Salve Regina and Finlandia.

Comment

Originally posted by OSU2010 View Post
            Buff State
            If Geneseo can get their injuries issues taken care of and get out of their funk, they could make some noise too. But, like Buff St, they would have to win the SUNYAC tourney first since their chances of getting a pool c are slim to none.

Comment

Originally posted by LoudHorns31 View Post
              Curry College!
              AKA Platty JV

Comment

Originally posted by thatswhatshesaid View Post
                Salve Regina and Finlandia.
                Hey, watch out Salve Regina could win the Northeast same goes for Finlandia in the MCHA !!!! If I were to pick teams from the NE to make somewhat of an impact would be Johnson & Wales or Curry.

As for Buff State, being in the SUNYAC and playing such tough teams they could also turn some heads. Solid team
                Last edited by 1Boston3; 12-18-2011, 06:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1Boston3 View Post
                  Hey, watch out Salve Regina could win the Northeast same goes for Finlandia in the MCHA !!!! If I were to pick teams from the NE to make somewhat of an impact would be Johnson & Wales or Curry.

As for Buff State, being in the SUNYAC and playing such tough teams they could also turn some heads. Solid team
                  haha doesn't that just confirm my point in adding them here?

Comment

Honestly with the one game tournament style we currently have I could see Buff state pulling an upset in the SUNYAC championship game if they make it there. It could be hard though as they'd most likely if all things stay the same have to go through both Plattsburgh and Oswego to get there... Arguably the hardest pair of opponents in any league. All they need is these teams to have either an off night or to be looking ahead to the NCAA's
                    http://www.patriottreeco.com

Comment

At this stage the conferences that appear to have the greatest potential to deliver a tournament participant NOT in TOP 15 are the NCHA & MIAC. We know that Cinderella is capable of making an appearance just about anywhere, but I think she has her best opportunity to dance.... in the west.

Comment

GAC, St. Olaf, Concordia, St.Thomas.....One of these four will be wearing red shoes come NCAA Time!

Westscout

Comment

To date I would have to agree westscout. But I wouldn't count Hamline out of the mix just yet. They have struggled in first half with some coaching and chemistry issues, not to mention their youth. However, as I mentioned in another thread, based on talent alone, this is a very dangerous team. If they get their act together in the new year, they will be contenders. Still a lot of conference games to be played between these schools.

Comment

Is there restrictions on how far the first play- in or "first round" game distances can be between the two schools? Has there ever been any cases where a team that makes the tournament and gets the last seed had to travel over 250miles only to get knocked out? This would be a brutal bus ride home

Comment

Originally posted by 1Boston3 View Post
                              Is there restrictions on how far the first play- in or "first round" game distances can be between the two schools? Has there ever been any cases where a team that makes the tournament and gets the last seed had to travel over 250miles only to get knocked out? This would be a brutal bus ride home
                              Through no fault of their own, the Elmira folks can tell you about a 460ish mile bus ride home.

Comment

Working...
                              X