Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston University 2011-2012 Season Thread: Part III: Now What?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2011-2012 Season Thread: Part III: Now What?

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
    JD and Brassbonanza are right. The different here is team. He abandoned his team mid-way through the season. An actor/musician leaving BU mid-season ain't on a team.
    Obviously you have never been a member of any "organization" (be in an ensemble, band, board of directors, advisory council, officials's board, or any of a million others I could write down) to make a comment like that...the only "teams" aren't sports teams, you know. Have you ever WORKED in your life with anybody besides yourself? If I left my team at work right now they would be devastated and would have to replace me (or so not to sound so "self-centered," if ANYBODY left out team...). Yes, they would have to "deal with it," but there are always ramifications when someone leaves something they have made a commitment to.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
      Is anyone associated with BU on top of this? Give parker a call already...
      Just a guess IF this rumor has some truth to it (I am only speculating). It was mentioned to be a role player. My thought, without naming anyone, MIGHT be a player who has garnered some praise, is a draft pick and could have an additional letter on the front of his jersey.

Its my thought though if thIs rumor is true...sigh.
      Last edited by BUTerrierfan; 12-18-2011, 08:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
        Is anyone associated with BU on top of this? Give parker a call already...
        I'm sure the Freep called said player who said he's still at BU

Comment

• Originally posted by BUTerrierfan View Post
          Just a guess IF this rumor has some truth to it (I am only speculating). It was mentioned to be a role player. My thought, without naming anyone, MIGHT be a player who has garnered some praise, is a draft pick and could have an additional letter on the front of his jersey.

Its my thought though if thIs rumor is true...sigh.
          Courtnall? That wouldn't be nearly as entertaining as clendening or chiasson...

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
            I'm sure the Freep called said player who said he's still at BU
            It is clear that a 14 yr old BC fan has better sources to BU hockey and works harder then the "professionals" at the Freep and the BHB whom are too busy being Parker worshippers and think that's the best way to establish their budding careers.
            Last edited by Jofa; 12-18-2011, 09:56 AM.

Comment

This blog, posted Friday, spoke with Clendening about Coyle's departure: http://thepipelineshow.blogspot.com/...u-for-chl.html

I met with defenceman Adam Clendening (right) who is not just a teammate of Colyle's but his roommate as well. After discussing USA's arrival into Edmonton and the anticipation of the World Junior Championship our conversation changed gears and I asked him how things are at BU these days.

"Uh... Alright. I mean, we're hanging in there," he said sounding a bit at a loss for the right words, "It's a good time for a break for us I'd say."

I mentioned the recent departure of Corey Trivino and about the news of the day that Charlie Coyle might also be leaving and asked the defenceman to comment on the situation for the Terriers.

"I really don't have a comment on Corey," Clendening began, "Even with Charlie, it's pretty much new news to me. I read the article on the plane as we waited to taxi off but I really don't know the truth about that either. I'm his roommate and he tells me that he's not going anywhere but I don't know."

"I'm still in shock on both things so I'm really not sure of what to say or what to do."
              Read into that what you will. My impression is it doesn't sound like a guy who's in the process of withdrawing from school. We shall see though.
              #OneKnight

Comment

Originally posted by Jofa View Post
                It is clear that a 15 yr old BC fan has better sources to BU hockey and works harder then the "professionals" at the Freep and the BHB whom are too busy being Parker worshippers and think that's the best way to establish their budding careers.
                I believe he is only 14 years old. And yes, he is absolutely making the Freep and other BU bloggers look stupid this week. And I'm being generous when I say they were just looking stupid.

Originally posted by KnightsOfTheRound View Post
                Read into that what you will. My impression is it doesn't sound like a guy who's in the process of withdrawing from school. We shall see though.
                Just this week, was it not a good lesson with Coyle's quotes that you really can't trust what these kids are saying for very obvious reasons?
                Originally posted by reBlur
                the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
                  I believe he is only 14 years old. And yes, he is absolutely making the Freep and other BU bloggers look stupid this week. And I'm being generous when I say they were just looking stupid.
                  You may be too harsh. They need to learn it some point it always comes down to sources, then knowing what to write and when to write it.

They are supposed to be learning now, these are important on the job lessons that don't come in class- so good for them it happens now
                  a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jofa View Post
                    It is clear that a 15 yr old BC fan has better sources to BU hockey and works harder then the "professionals" at the Freep and the BHB whom are too busy being Parker worshippers and think that's the best way to establish their budding careers.
                    You sure are good at staying consistent with your message (something along the lines of It's all Parker's fault ... And his enablers. Unless, of course, something good happens in which case Parker had nothing to do with it.) I have to give you credit for always giving me a good laugh. Treated as parodies, your posts are a riot.

Comment

At the risk of stating the obvious, the Freep and BU bloggers need to adhere to a higher standard of journalistic proof and certainty when breaking a story like this than does a 14 year old who runs a rumor blog. You can't really compare the two because they're apples and oranges.
                      #OneKnight

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
                        It's not difficult to make anyone from BU look stupid.
                        1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012, 2018

Boston College Hockey: It's just that we're better than you.

B Who? Oh, you mean "Sux 2 B.U."

Comment

• Originally posted by KnightsOfTheRound View Post
                          At the risk of stating the obvious, the Freep and BU bloggers need to adhere to a higher standard of journalistic proof and certainty when breaking a story like this than does a 14 year old who runs a rumor blog. You can't really compare the two because they're apples and oranges.
                          There is no blanket excuse to use.... 2 lessons here- kid was right. His source was solid, so go with it. And freep source was solid, and lied.

Life lessons from mookie for free!!
                          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by KnightsOfTheRound View Post
                            At the risk of stating the obvious, the Freep and BU bloggers need to adhere to a higher standard of journalistic proof and certainty when breaking a story like this than does a 14 year old who runs a rumor blog.
                            Rumor blog? When the info is right and the kid beats everyone to the punch, I wouldn't consider that he is actually posting "rumors." He seems to have his stuff together and simply has better sources.

The fact that this type of dialogue continues on this thread goes to show that some folks are simply in denial about everything that has taken place this week and how it was reported ("Why would Charlie Coyle lie to the FREEP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!").

Nothing is stopping these people with "higher standards" from getting better sources. If they are simply reporting everything as it happens when the official press releases come out from BU SID and NHL/QMJHL teams, then they are really nothing more than a news feed for BU hockey. Let's be honest, that is worthless in this day and age of the internet.
                            Originally posted by reBlur
                            the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by srsterrier View Post
                              You sure are good at staying consistent with your message (something along the lines of It's all Parker's fault ... And his enablers. Unless, of course, something good happens in which case Parker had nothing to do with it.) I have to give you credit for always giving me a good laugh. Treated as parodies, your posts are a riot.
                              Typical Parker loving fanboy not holding him accountable for the continued debacles with the program. My posts are a "riot" except for all the other people that have two eyes and half a brain.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jofa View Post
                                Typical Parker loving fanboy not holding him accountable for the continued debacles with the program. My posts are a "riot" except for all the other people that have two eyes and half a brain.
                                You obviously don't know me very well. I also think it's time for Parker to retire and am a little too old to be a fanboy (thanks for the compliment though). Nice try.

Comment

Working...
                                X