Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston University 2011-2012 Season Thread: Part III: Now What?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2011-2012 Season Thread: Part III: Now What?

Originally posted by Friend_of_BU_Hockey View Post
    BC athletics has an apparel deal with Under Armour; those are their new regular sweaters as of this season.
    Thanks!

Comment

Off-topic, but I read this in the Ewing Theory article Scarlet posted. Submitted without further comment.

Currently, who are some possible Ewing Theory candidates?

Peyton Manning: You can feel the "Manning goes down and the Colts rally behind James & Harrison" moment coming in the next few years, can't you?
      #OneKnight

Comment

Originally posted by KnightsOfTheRound View Post
        Off-topic, but I read this in the Ewing Theory article Scarlet posted. Submitted without further comment.
        The Colts won a title with Manning, so that makes the example not applicable.
        ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

So... This means we should sweep the chiefs like what??? 12-1 & 16-0
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Golf whisper -- And he's about to attempt the rare, double-secret, reverse sandbag.

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
            So... This means we should sweep the chiefs like what??? 12-1 & 16-0
            And he hits it! Absolutely amazing.

Bugs Bunny - 96
            Gas House Gorillas - 95

Comment

I just thought I would mention this here...the BU Terriers are College Hockey Weekly's Team of the Week this week. They beat out Maine and Miami for the honor. Here is the link...

http://www.collegehockeyweekly.com/T...-the-Week.html
              North Dakota
              National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Once again BU hockey scholars Gentry and Mookie make good points. I think matching the 2006 teams' accomplishments (particularly the HE tourney championship) are well within reach for this squad. IF they can make it through that and win, it'll give me confidence that they can string together several good games in a row against good teams (realistically they're probably have to go through BC and maybe Merrimac to win the title, two NCAA bound clubs). Do that and I'll start packing up my speedos for a possible trip to Tampa.
                Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                  Do that and I'll start packing up my speedos for a possible trip to Tampa.
                  If ever there was a reason to hope the team does not make it..........

ETA:
                  Did everyone see this annoucement of an annual Minnesota tournament?

Hmmm, an annual tournament. At the same location. Featuring the same schools. That sounds vaguely familiar, doesn't it? And they want to come up with a special name for it. Interesting. Why couldn't some schools in the East come up with such a great idea???
                  Last edited by Scarlet; 01-25-2012, 11:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                    ETA:
                    Did everyone see this annoucement of an annual Minnesota tournament?

Hmmm, an annual tournament. At the same location. Featuring the same schools. That sounds vaguely familiar, doesn't it? And they want to come up with a special name for it. Interesting. Why couldn't some schools in the East come up with such a great idea???
                    Those tournaments aren't relevant and the winner will tank the rest of their season after winning, duh. No one cares about those regional bragging rights tournaments.

That said, five teams? How do you decide who plays the 4/5 game?
                    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                      Those tournaments aren't relevant and the winner will tank the rest of their season after winning, duh. No one cares about those regional bragging rights tournaments.

That said, five teams? How do you decide who plays the 4/5 game?
                      From what I read, there isn't a 4/5 game. Minnesota is always in it, the remaining four will rotate so every year one of them does not play.

Comment

From what I read, there isn't a 4/5 game. Minnesota is always in it, the remaining four will rotate so every year one of them does not play.
                        that could mean too much work for Ralph with the possibility of multiple "MN Beanpot" belts, alternates, alternate B's, etc...
                        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Lets start rotating HU and NU out then. MC gets a year, UML, gets a year, UMass gets a year, Holy Cross even, and then once a decade the winner of the GLI plays the winner of the Minnesota Cup, with the winner of that game getting an automatic spot in the final against the winner of BU and BC.

If they are going to copy the Beanpot but make it more rinkydink we will have to dumb our tourney down as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                            Once again BU hockey scholars Gentry and Mookie make good points. I think matching the 2006 teams' accomplishments are well within reach for this squad.
                            I agree. It's very possible for them to get blown out by BC to end the season. What's the over/under on injuries in the final game when JackPa sends out his goons?
                            1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012, 2018

Boston College Hockey: It's just that we're better than you.

B Who? Oh, you mean "Sux 2 B.U."

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                              I just thought I would mention this here...the BU Terriers are College Hockey Weekly's Team of the Week this week. They beat out Maine and Miami for the honor. Here is the link...

http://www.collegehockeyweekly.com/T...-the-Week.html
                              Once again, Miami loses to a Boston team!

Comment

Originally posted by TimP View Post
                                I agree. It's very possible for them to get blown out by BC to end the season. What's the over/under on injuries in the final game when JackPa sends out his goons?
                                lolz
                                ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Working...
                                X