Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston University 2011-2012 Season Thread: Part III: Now What?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2011-2012 Season Thread: Part III: Now What?

Originally posted by Bumbles View Post
    Stating the obvious but the next 3 games will be huge. Red-hot Maine who is looking to continue moving up the rankings and PWR and @ Merrimack which has been a difficult place to get 2 pts these last few years. Exciting and nerve-wrecking at the same time. Hopefully the boys show that their play hasn't been a fluke.
    And not to be defeatist, but I'm expecting three very close and competitive games, and assuming we don't take 6 points from them, I hope the team can continue their strong play, improve where necessary, and not get rattled. (I hope this sense of focus and inner calm extends to all of us on the message board as well )
    #OneKnight

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
      Just typing what I believe. Until I see the corpse, bc will always be the favorite to win it all. Too solid, too good, too consistent, for too long. Sorry.
      That's what you said in 2009.

Just sayin....

Either way, I'm happy for you guys. What a crazy turn of events...
      Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
      The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
        Speaking of jerseys...I caught the BC/Maine game Saturday on NESN. Did BC just get those "BU jerseys" (the ones with the two shoulder stripes), or is it their new "third" jersey. I don't recall ever seeing them wear those before...
        BC athletics has an apparel deal with Under Armour; those are their new regular sweaters as of this season.

Comment

Until I see the corpse, BU will always be one the favorites to win it all. Too solid, too good, too consistent, for too long. Sorry.

FYP............. to fit how I feel about "Y'all"

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
            FYP............. to fit how I feel about "Y'all"
            Except we've been the corpse two years and running now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
              That's what you said in 2009.

Just sayin....

Either way, I'm happy for you guys. What a crazy turn of events...
              Actually, I was referring to the boys as "the team of density" . Slowly peeps came around to accept my confidence ( expect scarlet, she still thinks they'll lose the final )
              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Bomber - please remind me what the Ewing theory is. Something to do with Boomer Ewing, I assume/recall, but I don't remember any details. Or perhaps I am way off and it has to do with JR Ewing.
                BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
                  Bomber - please remind me what the Ewing theory is. Something to do with Boomer Ewing, I assume/recall, but I don't remember any details. Or perhaps I am way off and it has to do with JR Ewing.

(i thought (HOPED) uscho was a simmons free zone! guess i was mistaken....)

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
                    I can't tell if you're serious or not.

Ewing Theory

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                      I can't tell if you're serious or not.

Ewing Theory
                      Perhaps, the gang at ESPN could've found a more flattering picture of Tiffani A-T. In that shot, it appears that she just caught a whif of something most foul.
                      if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

Ewing and Thiessen in the same article?
                        Boston University 2009 Champs
                        Notre Dame 2012-?

Comment

it's only been a couple games and not against really strong competition.. but these guys have a chance to duplicate the 05/06 run. a team that had a jolt to the roster (that group had vdg return after injury for the 2nd half, this group lost 3 and 10). not a group with stars or anything, but played solid together and rode a goalie that played very, very well against weak teams (those boys finished up with uvm and nu -- these boys will finish up with uvm and nu). gonna admit after umo this weekend there is really just the two games against uml (and we'll see if they continue to play well or fade to norm). hard work and confidence can take you places... and a hot goalie.

we'll see.

Comment

it's only been a couple games and not against really strong competition.. but these guys have a chance to duplicate the 05/06 run. a team that had a jolt to the roster (that group had vdg return after injury for the 2nd half, this group lost 3 and 10). not a group with stars or anything, but played solid together and rode a goalie that played very, very well against weak teams (those boys finished up with uvm and nu -- these boys will finish up with uvm and nu). gonna admit after umo this weekend there is really just the two games against uml (and we'll see if they continue to play well or fade to norm). hard work and confidence can take you places... and a hot goalie.

we'll see.
                            Great point mookie. It makes much more sense to compare this team to 05-06 rather than 08-09.

I am very pleasantly surprised how this team has dealt with the adversity of Trivino and Coyle. I have been a critic of Parker but also have to give credit where it is due. The rest of the team has gelled together and is now playing a much better game of hockey than when Trivino and Coyle were on the team. I would think Parker deserves a lot of credit for this. Of course, a hot Maine team will be a good test this weekend. Take 3 points and I will be pretty excited. I am still a bit skittish on this team's fate in the NCAAs, but I am more wanting to take the ride and see where it leads.

Comment

we'll see.
                              And lost to BC by 5 after a multi game winning streak against them. Glad we got that out of the way in December

Comment

Originally posted by Bumbles View Post
                                Except we've been the corpse two years and running now.
                                not exactly a corpse ..........the sample size for my respect of the BU hockey program is about 45 years and i haven't seen the corpse too many times during that span......

Comment

Working...
                                X