Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston University 2011-2012 Season Thread: Part III: Now What?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2011-2012 Season Thread: Part III: Now What?

Originally posted by bantam75 View Post
    Sort of. Going back to Jack Kelly, the 2nd half surge has been trade mark and it still is, but since 1998, we have not seen the team peaking at tournament time. That is why the BC ribbing. With few exceptions, the Beanpot has NOT been the start of a run the last 10-12 years.

What was nice to see about last nights game was that team actually was more determined then the night before. They were not satisfied with winning 6-1 Friday and they played strong from 1st face-off to the end.

What I like about this team now is the balance and contributions from all lines. I also think they are playing better team D which is what is creating so many more scoring opps off turnovers.

This weekend vs Maine should be fun like some of the old battles with Maine a few years back.
    I wouldn't mind if the 3rd line contributed a little more. Surprised they haven't been scoring more.

Comment

Some of them sit a lot during pp and pk. I would think that affects their momentum in a game.

Comment

Did anyone see commentary from Nate Leaman following the game? I've looked in a few places - no quotes.
        if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

Originally posted by bantam75 View Post
          Sort of. Going back to Jack Kelly, the 2nd half surge has been trade mark and it still is, but since 1998, we have not seen the team peaking at tournament time. That is why the BC ribbing. With few exceptions, the Beanpot has NOT been the start of a run the last 10-12 years.
          Probably so but as many of you already know I am stuck in another era.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bumbles View Post
            I wouldn't mind if the 3rd line contributed a little more. Surprised they haven't been scoring more.
            I'm ready for the backlash but the last time I saw as much confidence in passing and as much awareness of where each other was on the ice was the 2009 season. Not saying they are that good nor will have same results but even from earlier this year I see far more anticipation, more players moving aggressively off the puck and quicker transition than I've witnessed over the last 2 years plus.

It can come and go, current results give optimism for coming months but are no guarantee of future results.

Still, I'll take it.
            I believe in life, and I believe in love, but the world in which I live in keeps trying to prove me wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by pirate View Post
              I'm ready for the backlash but the last time I saw as much confidence in passing and as much awareness of where each other was on the ice was the 2009 season. Not saying they are that good nor will have same results but even from earlier this year I see far more anticipation, more players moving aggressively off the puck and quicker transition than I've witnessed over the last 2 years plus.

It can come and go, current results give optimism for coming months but are no guarantee of future results.

Still, I'll take it.
              I was not around for the 2009 season, but even just following this team this year I see a marked improvement in passing, communication, and movement away from the puck, even just since the break. It really seems like a switch has been flipped and they're playing better as a team, with big contributions coming in surprising places on every line. Do you think there anything to the notion of addition by subtraction since the departures? I know we'll miss some of that scoring, but the way guys have been stepping up has been huge.

Lots of hockey left to play so I don't want to get ahead of myself, but the play so far has been really encouraging.
              #OneKnight

Comment

I'll say it again: Ewing Theory anyone?
                It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by KnightsOfTheRound View Post
                  I was not around for the 2009 season, but even just following this team this year I see a marked improvement in passing, communication, and movement away from the puck, even just since the break. It really seems like a switch has been flipped and they're playing better as a team, with big contributions coming in surprising places on every line. Do you think there anything to the notion of addition by subtraction since the departures? I know we'll miss some of that scoring, but the way guys have been stepping up has been huge.

Lots of hockey left to play so I don't want to get ahead of myself, but the play so far has been really encouraging.
                  Agreed that lots of hockey still left against some very tough opponents. But I like how this team is trending. The comeback wins @ NU and @ Harvard were games that, IMO, they probably wouldn't have won earlier this season (and BU teams of recent past probably would've have won).

The dominance they showed this past weekend was even more impressive given that it wouldn't have been shocking to see a letdown against PC (esp. on Saturday). Instead, they further raised their level of play, where Saturday's game was about as thorough a game I've seen them play in awhile.

Even when the outcome was long decided on Saturday, their defensive commitment towards preserving a shutout for Kieran was impressive. Blocking shots, minimizing grade-A chances when they could've easily let up - that's the type of attitude that I think this team must carry forward and hopefully more good things will happen.

Comment

So....., any word on how #26 is doing? Didn't mention him at all in the two recap articles so hopefully that means it wasn't anything serious.

Comment

We got five first place votes in the most recent USCHO.com poll, and significantly closed the gap in points between us and the number one spot.

http://www.uscho.com/rankings/d-i-mens-poll/
                      #OneKnight

Comment

Nice job this weekend guys.

I'm calling a BU national title in Tampa right now. And no I'm not sandbagging (suck it mookie).

It's like someone kidnapped BC and put BU jerseys on. Talk about a role reversal!
                        Last edited by Nick Papagiorgio; 01-23-2012, 12:18 PM.
                        Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                        The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Gooooooouuuuuuuulllllll-lee nick! You have me confused with scarlet! . No reverse jinx or sandbagging from me. Just typing what I believe. Until I see the corpse, bc will always be the favorite to win it all. Too solid, too good, too consistent, for too long. Sorry.

And as I told Scarlett Friday (and rover and gentry overheard me).. Nothing we do or say has any pact on what the boys do on the ice. Wish I had that power, but none of us do.
                          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

I'm just remembering about a month ago when everyone was writing this season off already.

I'm sort of fearful what we might be saying at the end of February....let alone the end of March.

It's a crazy year.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                              It's like someone kidnapped BC and put BU jerseys on. Talk about a role reversal!
                              Speaking of jerseys...I caught the BC/Maine game Saturday on NESN. Did BC just get those "BU jerseys" (the ones with the two shoulder stripes), or is it their new "third" jersey. I don't recall ever seeing them wear those before...

Comment

Originally posted by BUPhD View Post
                                I'm just remembering about a month ago when everyone was writing this season off already.

I'm sort of fearful what we might be saying at the end of February....let alone the end of March.

It's a crazy year.
                                Stating the obvious but the next 3 games will be huge. Red-hot Maine who is looking to continue moving up the rankings and PWR and @ Merrimack which has been a difficult place to get 2 pts these last few years. Exciting and nerve-wrecking at the same time. Hopefully the boys show that their play hasn't been a fluke.

Comment

Working...
                                X