Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston University 2011-2012 Season Thread: Part III: Now What?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2011-2012 Season Thread: Part III: Now What?

So has Hockey East adopted this as a policy new this year? Don't care what other conferences do... they should shake hands after every game.

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
      So has Hockey East adopted this as a policy new this year? Don't care what other conferences do... they should shake hands after every game.
      If it is a new HE policy it isn't being followed by all the teams. Lowell and Northeastern shook hands last night after game one of their weekend series.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacques Joubert View Post
        "Jack has lost touch with the players. He can't coach anymore...It was all Quinn. Time to bring in Sullivan. The players get worse under him."

I've written and read all these things on here THIS season. .
        Allow me to go on record as never having said anything like this.

Originally posted by Jacques Joubert View Post
        Last night was a great win and the team is playing really well.

I don't want to get too crazy about beating NU, Harvard, and PC...but they look really strong.

Hopefully this train keeps rolling tonight and for the rest of the season.

Cheers.
        Yup...obviously anything can happpen going forward, but they sure do look good right now. Hopefully the players and coaches alike are feeding off this positive energy and they keep it up all season long. Win or lose, it sure it a lot of fun watching this team when they are playing with this type of bounce in their step.

Tonight will be interesting... I sure hope BU remembers more about the first PC game this season than they do about last night.

If any of the guys are reading... dont take your foot of the gas.. go down there tonight and show them that last night was not some sort of fluke.

E

Comment

• Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
          Not arguing with you Mookie but I dont agree. Have seen many games where they shake after the weekend series is over. Many this year.

Saw one last night for example
          bu has only had one h/h so far this season - bc @/H dec 2-3. they shook after both games.

i'm just saying...
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by BUPhD View Post
            Again, The liveblog on the freep blog is all the "in game banter" and "real time score" you could hope for.http://www.thebostonhockeyblog.com/
            Yeah, but I can't increase my post count on there.

Originally posted by Terrance View Post
            Yeah, I was thoroughly bored watching BU finally put together a complete game for once. Very boring.
            I meant that since it was 6-1 late in the game at that point, comments had slowed way down, so people must not have felt the need to post so often.
            Bugs Bunny - 96
            Gas House Gorillas - 95

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
              They did not

one game series they do, if it is a 2 game weekend series they usually do after 2nd game....They will shake hands tonight
              The PC coach is a class act and wouldn't disrespect anyone.
              you're wrong, every home and home I've ever seen in Hockey East watching UNH since early 90's, they've shaken after the first game as well as the 2nd unless there was reason to believe an incident would happen. And I'm really surprised they didn't shake last night at Lawler.

Comment

The second most amazing thing I saw last night was Santana charging like a bull across the PC blueline, but instead of breaking any china, he daintily chipped the puck up and over the sprawled goalie, and into the net. (Incidentally, Santana's 0.25 goals per game tops the departed number three's 0.1875.)

But for the visual highlight, it had be the stick of the PC's players spinning for the rafters only to be returned and deftly caught in midair. (Reminded me of the parade scene in Animal House.) Has anyone posted that clip?

Comment

Originally posted by WildShawn View Post
                  you're wrong, every home and home I've ever seen in Hockey East watching UNH since early 90's, they've shaken after the first game as well as the 2nd unless there was reason to believe an incident would happen. And I'm really surprised they didn't shake last night at Lawler.
                  Agreed. I think the one exception is in the first round of the HE playoffs where they wait till the series is over.

Comment

I think the officials sent the teams off the ice before handshakes since play was getting chippy in the final minutes. I saw Benedetto pointing toward the locker rooms after the game ended. I cannot imagine a first year head coach willingly showing up the most tenured coach in the league like that on his home ice without some sort of pre-arranged agreement that handshakes would be saturday night. That said, I cannot remember a single time where during a home and home, there were no handshakes on friday. I'm having trouble even remembering the last time the officials sent the teams off the ice prior to handshakes to prevent further dust ups.
                    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

The WCHA has been doing this for years. I've noticed it lately in HE, as well.

Comment

• Handshake protocol should only change when Parker wants it to change. Who's in charge here anyway?
                        Go BU!

Comment

• Originally posted by irishfan85 View Post
                          The WCHA has been doing this for years. I've noticed it lately in HE, as well.
                          This was only our second time this season with a btb... Could have been happening all over and I'd never have known
                          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Re: Handshakes

Apparently it was a decision made by the players on the Friars bench without Leaman's knowledge. He actually came back into the press conference room to explain. I was in the adjoining room and didn't fully catch it, but whether it was players' response to their captain Danny New being kicked out or he was implying that if New had been on the bench there would have been a handshake, I'm not sure.

BU fans have definitely seen a no postgame handshake at Agganis before - against Northeastern. In that case it was the officials' decision, but while Benedetto officiated both games, he did not make the call this time.

******* width="500" height="420">****** name="movie" value="http://www.photoshelter.com/swf/imgWidget.swf">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="FlashVars" value="i=I0000UYUsIGzFYZk&b=1">****** name="allowScriptAccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.photoshelter.com/swf/imgWidget.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowScriptAccess="true" FlashVars="i=I0000UYUsIGzFYZk&b=1" allowfullscreen="true" width="500" height="420">

Help repair my camera gear before the new season starts
                            HockeyPhotography.com - use search to find images of your favorite college player and order prints
                            HockeyPhotos on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by steakbomb View Post
                              I'm just glad our biggest worry at the moment appears to be confusion over the timing of handshakes
                              I agree. Nothing like some handshake protocol talk on a snowy winter's day.
                              if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

Interesting tidbit found online, apparently this is the first time we've been atop the HE standings in January since 2005. Was NU ahead of us the whole month of January in 09?
                                ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Working...
                                X