Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston University 2011-2012 Season Thread: Part III: Now What?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2011-2012 Season Thread: Part III: Now What?

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
    Who was #4?
    Bobby Orr...

Comment

I posted this in the alumni thread but wanted to share here as well. Great article on one of the greats to play for the Terriers - Mike Grier.
      Great read. Thanks for the link, Scarlet.
      Bugs Bunny - 96
      Gas House Gorillas - 95

Comment

Originally posted by KnightsOfTheRound View Post
        Looking at the USCHO poll this morning it's apparent that the 5 teams ahead of us all lost at least once this weekend. Think BU will start getting thrown some first place votes in the next poll? And what effect will that have on our guys? I don't want a high ranking to go to this team's head so they think they can start sleep walking through games again.
        Second in the country. Huh. Totally agree with your last sentence. While it's really good to see, I wonder what effect, if any, this will have. These two games against Providence this weekend are important. The loss back in October was not pretty. I don't want to see that happen again.

Comment

Second in the country. Huh.
          The video board at Matthews Arena was correct!!

BU has jumped up 8 spots in 2 weeks. I would still rather been between 5-9, but that's this year in college hockey. Very few (any?) elite teams this year. #2 is not that far from #10.

Comment

Second in the country. Huh. Totally agree with your last sentence. While it's really good to see, I wonder what effect, if any, this will have. These two games against Providence this weekend are important. The loss back in October was not pretty. I don't want to see that happen again.
            Yeah, as nice as it is to be appreciated, this is one of those cases, especially with all the intersession drama, where I almost wish there was more space between us and the top spot. Always better to have a chip on your shoulder and something to prove than to get complacent. THat being said, the team did a great job grinding out two tough wins this last weekend, so hopefully I'm just not giving them enough credit and they can keep it up against a good Providence team this weekend. Echoing earlier comments, there's so much parity this year that the season can really go anywhere from here.
            #OneKnight

Comment

Avis!

Some teams take well to confidence. Let's see what these boys do with it.
              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

This weekend was interesting on a couple of points. I half expected being down two goals with Millan upset with himself to see these games turn into the sort of embarrassment we saw with Holy Cross or Lowell in the first half. But they dug in and ground out some wins instead. I think the intersession shakeup may have gave them a sense of needing to step up and work. At least I hope so. We'll find out more as the season goes on.

Comment

Originally posted by KnightsOfTheRound View Post
                  Yeah, as nice as it is to be appreciated, this is one of those cases, especially with all the intersession drama, where I almost wish there was more space between us and the top spot. Always better to have a chip on your shoulder and something to prove than to get complacent. THat being said, the team did a great job grinding out two tough wins this last weekend, so hopefully I'm just not giving them enough credit and they can keep it up against a good Providence team this weekend. Echoing earlier comments, there's so much parity this year that the season can really go anywhere from here.
                  I wouldn't exactly call this a "good Providence team." They are a mediocre team that Nate Leaman has playing with more purpose and discipline.
                  Their most impressive win of the season is still over a BU team that took them lightly and got what they deserved. Nothing but grief.

If BU plays hard and is not unlucky, then the Friars should fall. If BU takes them lightly, they'll get nothing, again.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Cleverly View Post
                    I wouldn't exactly call this a "good Providence team." They are a mediocre team that Nate Leaman has playing with more purpose and discipline.
                    I was giving them a little bit of the benefit of the doubt, but I'll stand by my comment as they are above .500 in Hockey East play and won the only previous matchup between these teams this season. Whether you think they are a good team or not, we agree in your final point that BU cannot take them lightly.
                    #OneKnight

Comment

bump
                      I believe in life, and I believe in love, but the world in which I live in keeps trying to prove me wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by pirate View Post
                        bump
                        Nice work.

It's hard to stay on page one with fifteen North Dakota threads going on.
                        Bugs Bunny - 96
                        Gas House Gorillas - 95

Comment

Originally posted by DaveStPaul View Post
                          Nice work.

It's hard to stay on page one with fifteen North Dakota threads going on.
                          lol..........hard to say this but IMO good job by the old geezer righting the ship after the storm over the holidays.......... and sometimes less is indeed more

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                            lol..........hard to say this but IMO good job by the old geezer righting the ship after the storm over the holidays.......... and sometimes less is indeed more
                            I too have been impressed. Close games for the most part (which I don't mind), but they are working hard and it is showing.

BU Alum '07

Comment

I, too, am pretty happy with the way the team is going now.
                              Connolly is a real leader and I like the way Noonan (though not perfect by any stretch) is setting the hard working tone for the D.
                              Also, though he is more emotional this year than ever, and it affects his play, Millan is still one great goalkeeper.

On another note, while surfin' over at goterriers.com I came across a "Feature" article
                              on Corey Trivino's bright future with the Islanders from last July.
                              The first sentence was:
                              "Corey Trivino and New York Islanders coach Scott Gordon agree that 2010-11 will be a crossroads season for the 20-year-old center."
                              That Gordon is a pretty prescient guy.

Can't they get better and *more recent* material?
                              There is also a recycled NESN item on Warsofsky going to the Bruins.
                              What's next? Zamboni invents Ice Cleaning Machine, No More Shovels!

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                                lol..........hard to say this but IMO good job by the old geezer righting the ship .....
                                maybe he could get a job on an Italian cruise line (too soon?)
                                Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Working...
                                X