Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston University 2011-2012 Season Thread: Part III: Now What?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2011-2012 Season Thread: Part III: Now What?

Glad I went tonight. Lots of talent on that U18 team. Fun game to watch. Both BU recruits looked great.
    Spaulding get your foot off the boat!

Comment

Exhibition game finished 3-3, with BU holding a wide advantage in shots. Pretty entertaining game, with an announced crowd of 4,040. The tee-shirt give-away was the same design as opening night, but short sleeves instead of long with a Snapple logo on the back.

Rollheiser was in goal and looked just fine. Clendening and Rosen got the night off, but no sign of Ronan or Moscatel. Ruikka had a solid game after his nightmare at Notre Dame.

Nats' Stefan Matteau whacked Chiasson after the BU junior had been called for a penalty. Chiasson obviously made a note of #23 and banging him around pretty good on the next few shifts, earning himself a pretty wide berth for the rest of the game.

BU 2013 recruit Matt Lane scored the Nats first goal and was impressive among a strong group of forward prospects. BU 2013 recruit Matt Grzelcyk looked very skilled, quick of feet and mind at the blueline. Grzelcyk is two seasons away, and that looks like a good thing since he has got some growing and filling out to do. But both look like they could be REAL good ones.

Two BC recruits also played - Brendan Silk and Frankie Vatrano. Silk looked to be a real strong prospect. Vatrano didn't stick out, but it is only one game. Cam Darcy, who is heading to Northeastern, didn't dress.

I can see why BU were high on big Nats defenseman Gavin Stoick. Whomever ends up with him will have a large force on the blueline.

Comment

Solid win on Friday and the Terriers jump four spots in the poll. Up to #6.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Cleverly View Post
          Exhibition game finished 3-3, with BU holding a wide advantage in shots. Pretty entertaining game, with an announced crowd of 4,040. The tee-shirt give-away was the same design as opening night, but short sleeves instead of long with a Snapple logo on the back.

Rollheiser was in goal and looked just fine. Clendening and Rosen got the night off, but no sign of Ronan or Moscatel. Ruikka had a solid game after his nightmare at Notre Dame.

Nats' Stefan Matteau whacked Chiasson after the BU junior had been called for a penalty. Chiasson obviously made a note of #23 and banging him around pretty good on the next few shifts, earning himself a pretty wide berth for the rest of the game.

BU 2013 recruit Matt Lane scored the Nats first goal and was impressive among a strong group of forward prospects. BU 2013 recruit Matt Grzelcyk looked very skilled, quick of feet and mind at the blueline. Grzelcyk is two seasons away, and that looks like a good thing since he has got some growing and filling out to do. But both look like they could be REAL good ones.

Two BC recruits also played - Brendan Silk and Frankie Vatrano. Silk looked to be a real strong prospect. Vatrano didn't stick out, but it is only one game. Cam Darcy, who is heading to Northeastern, didn't dress.

I can see why BU were high on big Nats defenseman Gavin Stoick. Whomever ends up with him will have a large force on the blueline.
          Agree on MG....

In regards to the 2 BC players, Vatranno has 5 pts in 10 games and is leading USA with a plus 9 rating in 10 USHL games. Silk has zero points in 10 games and is even

Vatrano is the better of the 2 by a good margin and has also done far better in the intl stuff

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
            Agree on MG....

In regards to the 2 BC players, Vatranno has 5 pts in 10 games and is leading USA with a plus 9 rating in 10 USHL games. Silk has zero points in 10 games and is even

Vatrano is the better of the 2 by a good margin and has also done far better in the intl stuff
            I'll admit, I saw you were the last to post in this thread, and opened it thinking oh ****, who is it now.
            ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
              I'll admit, I saw you were the last to post in this thread, and opened it thinking oh ****, who is it now.
              another informative post from the founder of, www.sewingcircleforlife.com

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
                another informative post from the founder of, www.sewingcircleforlife.com
                ? I wasn't chiding you, just too used to opening this thread to see a post of yours with information I don't want to see.
                ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                  ? I wasn't chiding you, just too used to opening this thread to see a post of yours with information I don't want to see.
                  I know, I was kidding....

Great win, cant help but build off that one+

Comment

I can see why BU were high on big Nats defenseman Gavin Stoick. Whomever ends up with him will have a large force on the blueline.........Cornell got him.
                    Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
                      I know, I was kidding....
                      There's a button for that.

Comment

Really nice win vs The Mac on Friday. Could be the best game I've seen all year. More up and down action than a Cinemax movie. Anyway, while I'm sure they missed the inevitable hat trick that Coyle would have put up if he was still here, still a solid victory.

Moving on, *** is up with concessions at Agganis? Can anyone tell those numbnuts running the place not to shut down several beer stands when 5000 people show up for a game? Who cares if the people there are students or not. Stupid ***clowns.
                        Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

• Originally posted by Rover View Post
                          Moving on, *** is up with concessions at Agganis? Can anyone tell those numbnuts running the place not to shut down several beer stands when 5000 people show up for a game? Who cares if the people there are students or not. Stupid ***clowns.
                          You can. Pick up the phone and ***** about it. Silence=happiness.

Speaking of Cinemax---
                          I like that tiny dark haired girl on the college thing with the little titties. Can't go wrong with that!! Munch munch!!
                          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by srsterrier View Post
                            Odd coincidence: Dave "Sniper" Tomlinson is in town and a 3-5 Shortie is scored at Fenway (by UNH).
                            Tomlinson is one of my favorite BU players of all time. No, he wasn't at Amonte's level or Herb Wakabayashi's either, but beyond his scoring, I loved watching him forecheck. He had fantastic anticipation, always on the puck. I believe Shiper's shortie was in the BeanPot against Harvard. I think Harvard actually got called for icing when they had that 5 on 3 advantage. [Free associating, I'm also remembering Pandolofo's short-handed hat trick against the Huskie's.] Nice that the Terriers lead the nation in this category.

Comment

• Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                              Awwww, come on...finding out non-public info on college kids and running to message boards to disclose it is such a noble pursuit, how could you ever not want to find out more?
                              I believe in life, and I believe in love, but the world in which I live in keeps trying to prove me wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by pirate View Post
                                Awwww, come on...finding out non-public info on college kids and running to message boards to disclose it is such a noble pursuit, how could you ever not want to find out more?
                                define non public? just because you found out about the Titanic last week, don't hold that against your friends

Comment

Working...
                                X