Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston University 2011-2012 Season Thread: Part III: Now What?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2011-2012 Season Thread: Part III: Now What?

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
    Will Clandenning be back in time for this game tomorrow?
    Yes. https://***********/#!/Clenny5/statu...36252570648576
    Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Very much looking forward to see how this team reacts to being in much more of an underdog role starting tonight. Been a month since I've been to a game @ HAA. Hopefully, last weekend was not an indication.
      Spaulding get your foot off the boat!

Comment

Good article on the hockey blog with Parkers comments on Jablonski's injury... really super sombering though.

Comment

Does USCHO have the wrong date for the Merrimack game? I went to the schedule/results page to see if tonight's game is on TV (it isn't, apparently) and USCHO seems to think it is a Saturday game.

http://www.uscho.com/scoreboard/division-i-men/
          #OneKnight

Comment

Originally posted by KnightsOfTheRound View Post
            Does USCHO have the wrong date for the Merrimack game? I went to the schedule/results page to see if tonight's game is on TV (it isn't, apparently) and USCHO seems to think it is a Saturday game.

http://www.uscho.com/scoreboard/division-i-men/
            The Merrimack game is tonight (Friday). That, I'm sure of. It was originally Saturday but got moved.
            Boston University: 2009 NCAA Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by chickod View Post
              It really IS good advice...
              Which is pretty amazing considering the source of it.
              Expectation has the encumberance of truth while hope lives its own life, wild and free.

Comment

Is anyone else having trouble with the audio stream?

Comment

Hey HAA fix your PA system

Comment

Why am I looking at the jumbletron and not seeing the clip from The Warriors with the dude clicking the beer bottles together saying, "warriors!!!!! Come out to plaaaaaayyyy! Warriors!!!..." ?!?!?!?
                    Last edited by mookie1995; 01-06-2012, 07:32 PM.
                    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

I you were you couldn't hear it anyway. Speakers on Mac side of the rink are out/off. Can barely hear aany PA. Did Ozzie Osborne play here last night?

Comment

Congrats to KLEINER! on being the "season ticket holder of the game". What did you win?
                        BOSTON UNIVERSITY TERRIERS
                        CASE WESTERN RESERVE UNIVERSITY SPARTANS

UNH - 1985 NCAA Women's Lacrosse Champions!

2003-2004 D-III Tournament of Posters Champion
                        2010 NFL Survival Pool Champion
                        2014 NFL Survival Pool Co-Champion

Comment

Originally posted by steakbomb View Post
                          I you were you couldn't hear it anyway. Speakers on Mac side of the rink are out/off. Can barely hear aany PA. Did Ozzie Osborne play here last night?
                          The speakers on the BU side were out as well. Very bad audio tonight.
                          ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

It sounded like they fixed them at some point during the game last night, at least on my side of the arena.

Good, solid win for BU last night. I thought everyone played pretty well. I was worried early in the second period - they seemed to have a lack of energy and once Merrimack scored their second goal it seemed like they might take control of the game. But they regrouped and finished Merrimack off. The power play looked pretty decent. If they had this power play at the last Merrimack game they would have won that one as well (didn't BU have like 467 power plays in that game?). The lack of one-timer shots continues to perplex me. Gill's goal was a one-timer. They need to shoot like that more often. Good things can happen when they do.

Does Sunday's game count at all?

Comment

You hit the nail right on the head Scarlet. I thought Parker sized it up best by saying this is STILL a very good team. They played like a very good team last night and beat a very good team in the process.
                              Not to get too carried away with one game, but looking at the schedule they have a ton of very winnable games ahead. Plenty of reasons to stay excited about this team.
                              Last edited by steakbomb; 01-07-2012, 09:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                                Does Sunday's game count at all?
                                No, it's a pure exhibition. I wouldn't read too much into the outcome of the game, since I've seen the Under 18 Team beat some good D1 programs and lose to some mediocre D3 ones. I think it's just a chance to try some new things in a simulated game environment really.
                                #OneKnight

Comment

Working...
                                X