Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston University 2011-2012 Season Thread: Part III: Now What?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2011-2012 Season Thread: Part III: Now What?

Originally posted by srsterrier View Post
    reBlur: Why even respond? Don't take the bait. Believe me, the majority here are admirers of yours.
    Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
    Allow me to repost.....
    It's greatly appreciated, but I'm done with message boards. Because of the access I have to the team, I thought posters on here might be interested in any information or context that I could share, but that I wouldn't include in an article. Just once, I'd like to be able to share information on here without being accused of being a bad reporter or flirting with the players. I've given up enough of my life (and my money) to cover this team. I'm not about to let some strangers hiding behind computers and anonymous usernames treat me like garbage without defending myself. If you have questions on anything about the team, feel free to email me any time. I don't to be here anymore.
    http://thebostonhockeyblog.blogspot.com/

Places I've watched college hockey: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Scottrade Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by reBlur View Post
      It's greatly appreciated, but I'm done with message boards. Because of the access I have to the team, I thought posters on here might be interested in any information or context that I could share, but that I wouldn't include in an article. Just once, I'd like to be able to share information on here without being accused of being a bad reporter or flirting with the players. I've given up enough of my life (and my money) to cover this team. I'm not about to let some strangers hiding behind computers and anonymous usernames treat me like garbage without defending myself. If you have questions on anything about the team, feel free to email me any time. I don't to be here anymore.
      Don't let a BC troll stop you from posting. It is nice to know the personal side to the students, good and bad. When fans follow teams and players, they will mostly talk about them like statistics or not even think of them as people. They are either superstars or just some supporting player in a bigger game. However, it is always a treat to get to know them for more than just numbers and how they play. Especially for college students. Getting to know that they deal with the same problems as regular students and are usually not to different than any one else. I would say every BU fan appreciates the knowledge and a couple other people probably do too. If you took a look at the shiat Nick and SteveF and other BC trolls post, it's a whole lot worse than what they are trolling you about.

Comment

As far as I'm aware, these boards aren't a newspaper. They're a forum for opinion. I shared my opinion.
        Most of us appreciate your perspective, which provides information that we otherwise would not have access to. I can understand your frustration. But just remember, if you "give up" on this forum, you have allowed them to do exactly what they wanted to do. The best option, in my opinion, is to simply ignore them...

Comment

You're not defending yourself. You're running away.

Look, I don't know you nor do I follow your blog, but you should know by now, no matter what your age, that people are going to criticize your work for no good reason today and for the rest of your career. Not everybody wants to be your friend, and frankly a significant portion of the population are freakin' idiots. You will end up working with some of them. If a co-worker or whatever starts blasting the quality of your writing because they're jealous, didn't like you talking to their boyfriend at the company picnic, etc, are you going to quit your job because of them? I'd hope not. Toughen up and give as good as you get, and you'll be surprised how for that takes you.
          Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

I don't blame you for feeling this way, but as somebody who enjoys reading your posts I hope you will reconsider.
            #OneKnight

Comment

don't let the idiots get to you...post or don't post if you choose, but don't do it because 3-4 people with no character or integrity pump up their self-esteem by #winning! on message boards.
              I believe in life, and I believe in love, but the world in which I live in keeps trying to prove me wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rover View Post
                I didn't realize Coyle was BU's version of Tim Tebow! I really need to read the Freep more.
                But tebow did bring random girls back to his dorm room; but only to convert them. Coyle is much less concerned with the souls of others. Either that, or his game off the ice was as poorly developed as his game on the ice.
                “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
                Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
                Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
                National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                  Toughen up and give as good as you get, and you'll be surprised how for that takes you.
                  It really IS good advice...

Comment

Since some people are on the subject of reBlur, does any one else have the problem of clicking on his link, to his blog, and it coming up "Internet Explorer can not display the page?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Boston22 View Post
                      Since some people are on the subject of reBlur, does any one else have the problem of clicking on his link, to his blog, and it coming up "Internet Explorer can not display the page?"
                      Here is an updated link that works
                      freep blog
                      “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
                      Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
                      Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
                      National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Boston22 View Post

I'm hoping reBlur is a she and not a he, because if the players are flirting with this poster when they're covering the team...uh...I don't know what to think anymore.

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

Comment

• Originally posted by Rover View Post
                          I'm hoping reBlur is a she and not a he, because if the players are flirting with this poster when they're covering the team...uh...I don't know what to think anymore.
                          1 in 10!!
                          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                            1 in 10!!
                            1 in 9 now that Trivino's off the team.

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                              hahaha ReBlur is a a female
                              GO BU

Comment

Will Clandenning be back in time for this game tomorrow?

Comment

Working...
                                X