Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston University 2011-2012 Season Thread: Part III: Now What?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2011-2012 Season Thread: Part III: Now What?

Originally posted by Bumbles View Post
    Anyone know if theres any way to watch this online? No TV access
    I'm in the same boat. Looks like there is only audio available

Comment

That was borderline unwatchable. Bad product. Honestly, how much 5 on 5 hockey was there? 33%?

When is the coaching staff going to clamp down on the penalties? Leading the nation in short-handers? I'd hope so since this BU team is short-handed 40% of the time.

Also...Ruikka is a traffic cone and Notre Dame dives.

Other than that is was OK.

Happy New Year.
      Boston University: 2009 NCAA Champions

Comment

Oh no, we suck again.
        ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Yea....., making NCAAs is going to be tough with this team. Uh ohhh. Might be the beginning of a bad losing streak.

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
            Oh no, we suck again.
            Might just be Jeff Jackson. Seriously...what's Parker's record against him? 2-22?
            Boston University: 2009 NCAA Champions

Comment

Looked really disjointed and out of sync much of the time.... guess that was expected to some extent. Faceoffs were an issue without a doubt. I didn't see the statistic but I'd be surprised if we won 25% of them. That being said, we did have some moments where we were moving the puck. Gonna be a work in progress for a while til we find our stride. Interested to see if the lines stay the same.

Comment

Didn't see the game.....are we bad ?
                Spaulding get your foot off the boat!

Comment

Originally posted by steakbomb View Post
                  Didn't see the game.....are we bad ?
                  Some things to work on for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Terrance View Post
                    I imagine it will be based on the result of his case. He can't very well play in the NHL if he's in jail can he. Though I would bet he will be in the Islander's system come September.
                    I will go out on a limb and say that when the facts come out Trivino will most definitely not be in jail although his parents will be out a lot of $$$'s for legal fees.

Comment

Did anyone listen to the pregame on the radio? I would like to hear how (and if) Bernie Corbett addressed what has gone on over the past four weeks. Either with Coach Parker or with Tom Ryan.

Comment

Originally posted by collegefan06 View Post
                        I will go out on a limb and say that when the facts come out Trivino will most definitely not be in jail although his parents will be out a lot of $$$'s for legal fees.
                        If you take a look at the story in the freep blog, it says down low in the article that the RA's story about opening the door being a BU policy is total hogwash, there is no such policy that an RA has to open their door every time someone knocks, especially if they fear for their safety. So how one can "break and enter" when they knock on a door and the person willingly opens the door is a bit of a stretch to figure out. I wouldn't be shocked if a lot of charges are dismissed, he pleads to some minor misdemeanor charge, does some community service, and everyone moves on.
                        ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by Terrance View Post
                          Notre Dame is in for a tough game.
                          Good call.

Originally posted by Boston22 View Post
                          Did anyone listen to the pregame on the radio? I would like to hear how (and if) Bernie Corbett addressed what has gone on over the past four weeks. Either with Coach Parker or with Tom Ryan.
                          I was actually wondering the same thing. Does anyone associated with BU media ever plan on asking Parker about Charlie Coyle?

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                            Good call.

I was actually wondering the same thing. Does anyone associated with BU media ever plan on asking Parker about Charlie Coyle?
                            Freep reporters did an article yesterday on the blog.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacques Joubert View Post
                              That was borderline unwatchable. Bad product. Honestly, how much 5 on 5 hockey was there? 33%?

When is the coaching staff going to clamp down on the penalties? Leading the nation in short-handers? I'd hope so since this BU team is short-handed 40% of the time.

Also...Ruikka is a traffic cone and Notre Dame dives.

Other than that is was OK.

Happy New Year.
                              Tough one to watch indeed. I for one was commenting to (my dog) that we take far too many penalties. Until/unless we suddenly find guys who gain a scoring touch we will have to win games with great defense and goaltending.

As for the broadcast, the PBP guy commented on Kevin Gilroy being the brother of Matt Gilroy who "plays for the Rangers." I liked Eddie O's color commentary and pointing out that some ND goals were the result of second chances where the forwards and D did not step up to clear.

Let's see how we do this weekend when hopefully we will get back into a rythym.

Nice rink and the balcony was something BU wanted for Agganis as if to replicate the Boston Arena where there are some great spots to watch a game

Comment

http://www.thebostonhockeyblog.com/2...reme.html#more

Comment

Working...
                                X