Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston University 2011-2012 Season Thread: Part III: Now What?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2011-2012 Season Thread: Part III: Now What?

Originally posted by collegefan06 View Post
    Well said Hokydad on your first comment. He is a rare talent and in my opinion he concluded that leaving BU was his best option for hockey.

HE is a very good league but he is getting average to poor coaching (Bavis replaced Quinn and a zamboni driver for the other assistant that is not respected by the players), a dificult envirnomnet...just look at the issues this team has dealt with and a system that does not play to his strengths.

He wanted to be at BU but got there and it wasn't what he'd hoped for and now he's gone. This kid is banking on a hockey future and if the BU program can't deliever on what it promised to develop him for the next step up he needed to do what is in his best interest.

We may not like it but when the coaches focus on kids looking for the quickest path to the NHL they will get this result more then most programs.

Good points. I'll say this one more time for idiots who think Coyle was going to bust out 30 goals and 60 points anytime soon at BU...

1) If he was going to put up points here, he'd have done it by now. If you want to say BU's style of play is holding him back, hey you'll get no disagreement from me. Its entirely possible the kid's game doesn't fit in with Dump and Suck any better than countless other guys who've come through here (Ryan Whitney comes to mind as a guy who would have benefitted greatly playing on a more offensive minded team without a bunch of stiffs as forwards). However, BU's gameplan ain't gonna change, and for that reason I don't see BU getting any more out of him than they've been getting.

2) Only a total moron would compare BU player development to BC's. If BU developed guys like BC did, we wouldn't have one FF appearance in almost 15 years. It would be swell if BU players started kicking @ ss after the WJC's. Sadly, they don't. What Gerbe, Krieder, Kramer from Seinfeld, etc did while at BC is completely irrelevant.

3) So, BU won't miss the guy because clearly this wasn't the best place for him and he's not producing. Who's fault is that? Everybody already knows my opinion.
    Last edited by Rover; 12-28-2011, 01:21 PM.
    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
      If you want to say BU's style of play is holding him back, hey you'll get no disagreement from me. Who's fault is that? Everybody already knows my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
        Good points. I'll say this one more time for idiots who think Coyle was going to bust out 30 goals and 60 points anytime soon at BU...

1) If he was going to put up points here, he'd have done it by now. If you want to say BU's style of play is holding him back, hey you'll get no disagreement from me. Its entirely possible the kid's game doesn't fit in with Dump and Suck any better than countless other guys who've come through here (Ryan Whitney comes to mind as a guy who would have benefitted greatly playing on a more offensive minded team without a bunch of stiffs as forwards). However, BU's gameplan ain't gonna change, and for that reason I don't see BU getting any more out of him than they've been getting.

2) Only a total moron would compare BU player development to BC's. If BU developed guys like BC did, we wouldn't have one FF appearance in almost 15 years. It would be swell if BU players started kicking @ ss after the WJC's. Sadly, they don't. What Gerbe, Krieder, Kramer from Seinfeld, etc did while at BC is completely irrelevant.

3) So, BU won't miss the guy because clearly this wasn't the best place for him and he's not producing. Who's fault is that? Everybody already knows my opinion.
        All great points and btw how did Coyle do after last year's WJC not too well eh 65?

Banking on Coyles "upside" when he had at best 20-25 games left at BU isnt a very good long term plan. At worst they have less depth now, thats it.

Comment

On a lighter note, recent developments indicate we will see more of Cisse and Rodrigues. A little more pressure on these to play increased minutes with more responsibility. Two of the players you're likely to have for four years. Hoping for good things from them
          Last edited by steakbomb; 12-28-2011, 02:36 PM.
          Spaulding get your foot off the boat!

Comment

Originally posted by Jofa View Post
            All great points and btw how did Coyle do after last year's WJC not too well eh 65?

Banking on Coyles "upside" when he had at best 20-25 games left at BU isnt a very good long term plan. At worst they have less depth now, thats it.
            My thoughts exactly. I think people are going to be surprised by how good this team still is. Notre Dame is in for a tough game.

Comment

• Originally posted by steakbomb View Post
              On a lighter note, recent developments indicate we will see more of Cisse and Rodrigues. A little more pressure on these to play increased minutes with more responsibility. Two of the players you're likely to have for four years. Hoping for good things from them
              From what I have seen of Cisse, he seems like a keeper. Probably not this year, but I could see him developing into a very good power forward down the road.

Comment

Originally posted by Terrance View Post
                My thoughts exactly. I think people are going to be surprised by how good this team still is. Notre Dame is in for a tough game.
                Agree with this but I think most ppl are upset because we had a legitimate NCAA title team. Not so sure now. Hopefully at least NCAAs.

Comment

• Right now he's just out there tryiing to not make mistakes. The kid looks like a big, strong, hard hitting player. Some increased playing time, some confidence...who knows? Does anyone know his draft status?
                  Originally posted by srsterrier View Post
                  From what I have seen of Cisse, he seems like a keeper. Probably not this year, but I could see him developing into a very good power forward down the road.
                  Spaulding get your foot off the boat!

Comment

• Originally posted by steakbomb View Post
                    Right now he's just out there tryiing to not make mistakes. The kid looks like a big, strong, hard hitting player. Some increased playing time, some confidence...who knows? Does anyone know his draft status?
                    5th round in 2010 by Atlanta/Winnipeg

Comment

Originally posted by Bumbles View Post
                      Agree with this but I think most ppl are upset because we had a legitimate NCAA title team. Not so sure now. Hopefully at least NCAAs.
                      I wouldn't go that far. They still had trouble putting the puck in the net even before the departures. I could have seen a HE tournament run perhaps. That gets a lot more difficult (but not impossible I suppose) now.
                      Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

I'll just wait to read how the coach isn't happy with coyle and go from there
                        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

I was vegging in front of an NHL game the other night (Versus), and on came an ad for BU vs. Notre Dame. Woke me right up. "Hey, that's BU!" The family wasn't impressed.
                          Bugs Bunny - 96
                          Gas House Gorillas - 95

Comment

• Originally posted by DaveStPaul View Post
                            I was vegging in front of an NHL game the other night (Versus), and on came an ad for BU vs. Notre Dame. Woke me right up. "Hey, that's BU!" The family wasn't impressed.
                            Shoulda stayed in HK
                            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                              Shoulda stayed in HK
                              There were beautiful visions there. Mookie-wise, that is.
                              Bugs Bunny - 96
                              Gas House Gorillas - 95

Comment

Originally posted by DaveStPaul View Post
                                We're closing it down... the last live telecast ever for "Versus".
                                BOSTON UNIVERSITY TERRIERS
                                CASE WESTERN RESERVE UNIVERSITY SPARTANS

UNH - 1985 NCAA Women's Lacrosse Champions!

2003-2004 D-III Tournament of Posters Champion
                                2010 NFL Survival Pool Champion
                                2014 NFL Survival Pool Co-Champion

Comment

Working...
                                X